Why Do The Majority of Attractive Women Have iPhones?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why is iPhone the smartphone of choice for attractive women as compared to Samsung and other Android phones?

This is most true of attractive white women of middle income/middle class or higher status.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's an interesting observation.

Although there are exceptions to the rule, I've found that iphone women are usually more pretentious. That's a trait that I personally find unattractive.

I suspect that women with iphones are probably two generations away from the types of old women that own poodles. Have you ever noticed that poodles usually behave like their owner?

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because its a status symbol. Women love status symbols. They are massively overpriced and women love to buy objects that are massively overpriced.

Androids are much cheaper and for the "poor" people or for the tech savy people. Women dont want to be seen as poor and they are not truly tech savy.

TheProspect

Reaction score
In North America the top 5 selling smartphone brands in 2019 were all variations of the iPhone. So it's not just the majority of attractive women who own iPhones, it's also the majority of people.

Attractive women probably stand out to you more, whereas with an unattractive girl you probably wouldn't be bothered to notice what kind of phone she's using. I bet the majority of unattractive people you meet also have an iPhone, and statistically, I'm probably right.

I think you're overthinking this for the most part.

Billtx49

Reaction score
Yes, iPhones are more expensive than most of their competitors indicating status, but the Main draw to All Apple products from day one is their intuitive user interface. The user has an easier and faster more natural learning curve which can benefit hot women that are busy with other life events and don’t want to bother with spending time on learning tech operating details.…

RickTheToad

Reaction score
You can get an iPhone 12 from Verizon or AT&T for around 5.00 a month. It's not massively overpriced. Technically, iPhones have better security than the majority of Android phones. Personally, I'd prefer to have a phone which is neither iPhone or Android, but Blackberry is dead. One cannot see what phone a person has with the case on it anyway. I use a heavy duty case, so if it drops, it doesn't break. I then sell my phone when I wish to upgrade and I get mint for the phone. Never understood why a phone would be a status symbol as nearly everyone has one. I have some section 8 tenants, and even they have iPhones and iPads. It's no longer a major status symbol when people on public assistance have them.

logicallefty

Reaction score
I prefer an IPhone because they are more secure. I’ve done digital forensics on both iPhones and Androids and can personally attest to this.

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As others have stated, Apple prides themselves(or at least used to) on being intuitive and easy to use. When the company started, their motto was 'It just works', meaning the least technical person could have an amazing experience and that's who the target audience was. They locked the operating system down immensely so that a user couldn't 'hurt themselves' and did everything they could to control the technical side of the product on behalf of the customer.

Women and people of higher status in general go for apple products because the various products all work well together and require virtually no time spent on upkeep or lower level tech(apple watch pairs with apple pods which pairs with iphone, etc). This is a blessing for the wealthy, but a curse for the poor(bought the apple watch so you'll have to buy the iphone, etc).

I think without Steve Jobs they've kind of stagnated and maybe regressed a bit, but I've never been an apple fanboy. To me technology is the biggest wh0re of them all, and if anything I give extra points to a woman that never pulls out her phone or has a flip phone on purpose.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Although there are exceptions to the rule, I've found that iphone women are usually more pretentious. That's a trait that I personally find unattractive.
iPhone owning women are more pretentious. If you're a "cute" or "hot" white woman in the United States, you're usually middle class or higher, have elevated levels of pretentiousness and own an iPhone.

As a white male, I tend to see more white women than non-white women. I'm also most attracted to white and Hispanic women. Hispanic women don't seem to be as universal with iPhones as white women.

Because its a status symbol. Women love status symbols. They are massively overpriced and women love to buy objects that are massively overpriced.

Androids are much cheaper and for the "poor" people or for the tech savy people. Women dont want to be seen as poor and they are not truly tech savy.
Accurate.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its a status symbol for women when it comes of phones and men when it comes of computers.

That apple screams "Im special" or "I side with the cool kids".

The guys I know with apple stuff are all wealthy, professionally successful and personally betas.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The guys I know with apple stuff are all wealthy, professionally successful and personally betas.
Is a man who owns an iPhone but no other Apple products beta or alpha? That question may be impossible to answer. I think you are saying that men who own Apple products in multiple categories are betas.

The majority of men are betas. That'd be true for both iPhone owners and Android owners.

I think more men own Samsung and other Android OS brand phones than women. It is so rare to see an attractive white woman with an Android. More non-white women likely have Samsung and other Android OS brand phones.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is a man who owns an iPhone but no other Apple products beta or alpha? That question may be impossible to answer. I think you are saying that men who own Apple products in multiple categories are betas.

The majority of men are betas. That'd be true for both iPhone owners and Android owners.

I think more men own Samsung and other Android OS brand phones than women. It is so rare to see an attractive white woman with an Android. More non-white women likely have Samsung and other Android OS brand phones.
Nope Im just saying that in my observations (limited to my everyday reality) the men I noticed with apple tech are wealthy and professionally successful but far from being masculine or dominant.

Think of your high skilled professional with a good salary that still behaves like a nice guy and fails to get what his position could provide him.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As much as I rag on mac/iphone people, I could come across as a hypocrite. I actually own an original (the model that is over 5 years old) Iphone SE. I wanted a phone that was still up-gradable for the five apps that I use and under $100.00. It does the trick.

I cringe when I pull this out in public because the majority of mac enthusiasts appear rather shallow and pretentious. Walk into a coffee shop. Then look at the laptops with the big apple logo. Then look at the person behind the laptop. Back in my father's day, he'd call these types as being part of the "sissy" generation.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why is iPhone the smartphone of choice for attractive women as compared to Samsung and other Android phones?
Herd mentality, coupled with ostracising from the herd. owning anything less than the herd, strikes fear to the dark chambers of their heart

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Think of your high skilled professional with a good salary that still behaves like a nice guy and fails to get what his position could provide him.
Nice guys are bad. My core group of friends don't have any nice guys. No major a-holes either. Most are in between. Some of my longer term relationship friends are moving away from a more dominant frame. I think that's bad.

Herd mentality, coupled with ostracising from the herd. owning anything less than the herd, strikes fear to the dark chambers of their heart
Do you think women judge men negatively for owning an iPhone vs. an Android? I'm mainly asking in one specific scenario. If the initial interaction is done in person (no swipe app) and the man takes out his phone to get a woman's number, does she think less of him for owning an Android?