Why DJ Techniques are harder to pull off in High School

RedZone122

Don Juan
Reaction score
Many high schoolers here (myself included) are having trouble being a DJ, because one of the rules are completly contridictory. In High school, if you end up completly transforming yourself from Loser AFC to a Popular Alpha Male, you still have to deal with all the same people that KNEW you as an AFC. Remember - one of the rules is, do not use your new DJ techniques on people you were previously an AFC with.

With this being said, it's obviously going to be hard to operate in High School! Try a few things - other grades, other schools - and get ready for college, where you will SHINE!

RedZone122

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in a school where everyone has about 10 years of history together. I changed. They don't rememeber the old me. The new me blows that image away. What you are saying is a sad excuse for failing.

triple_ultima

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to go ahead and agree with Lik on this one. I made the change and no one has cared that I went from AFC to DJ. They are completely accepting of it. Reputations aren't as hard to change as you might think

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HS is easy to change. The only people who cared about me changing were the loser chicks i used to be around. But i never liked them anyways.

The hardest part of becoming an alpha male is choosing which people to remain friends with. I was in 4-5 groups of friends at one point. I had to choose which ones to stay in contact with, and its hard losing friends, but having close friends is more important to me than a lot of casual friends.

NRM

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Heh, well the change is often pretty subtle and come in subtle stages. If you haven't seen a person for a year and came back with a brand new confidence, they'd think pretty highly of you.

Becoming a DJ isn't like putting on a mask. It's changing yourself for the better. I mean, no one would look down on you if you came back as a buff 6'1 guy when you used to be a scrawny 5'5. It's not a facade, it's just the new you. There shouldn't be anything wrong with it.

VIVAlasVEGASBaby

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by RedZone122
In High school, if you end up completly transforming yourself from Loser AFC to a Popular Alpha Male...
What makes you think being a "Popular Alpha Male" has anything to do with being a DJ?

triple_ultima

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Why DJ Techniques are harder to pull off in High School

Originally posted by VIVAlasVEGASBaby
What makes you think being a "Popular Alpha Male" has anything to do with being a DJ?
That brings up an interesting point. DJs aren't always popular, but they are always respected, because they have their own set of values, morals, etc. and they lead their own life. While this often makes you popular because you stand out, there are times when you will not be popular. And you will always have enemies. I just read a quote today that said "If you don't have any enemies you don't have any character." It's very true.

Cloud-uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mmmm, I agree. I seem to be despised by every camp wuss in a 10 mile radius. I throw a great party, they come, drink my beer, then ***** about me treating girls bad. Pah, go figure...

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can't DJ the same in high school as you would in college.

JSH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
but then again everyone has their own techniques and styles

speedballs

Don Juan
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with change, if its positive people might mention it, but they would probably praise it.

People go through most of the big changes in the Jr. High and High school years, everyone around you is changing as well so its not too hard. After two days of reading and working out, I have noticed change. More of myself than others reactions but that's completely normal.

What you are doing is self improvement right? If your friends don't like you improving yourself and what you think about yourself, no matter how much you change, are they real friends anyways? It's good to keep your friends in high priority but your real conscern is with yourself, you don't have to live with your friends.

Need-2-B-Pimpin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I agree with lik too...and damn i need some enemies lol

Sexual

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
agreed with triple_ultima

I agree with most points, maybe not so much with the thought that you can't become a DJ around people you know as an AFC. I was a flat out loser in 6th and 7th grade and now that I'm graduating, I can confidently say every one of those people that looked down upon me either 1. Respect 2. Fear - in one way or another, good or bad, maybe intimated by or hated, though feared.

Triple_ultima knows his sh*t.

Alexis Zorba

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in a school where everyone has about 10 years of history together. I changed.
I'm gonna have to go ahead and agree with Lik on this one. I made the change and no one has cared that I went from AFC to DJ.
I'm curious. How long did it take you guys to change? Some people change gradually, step by step, while some people change drastically from one day to another. For me it's been a slow but steady process. Sometimes I wish it would be faster (I know it's all up to me, I gotta keep trying). Anyways how about you? Was your change gradual or sudden?

Alexis Zorba