Who here still don't want to buy a phone without a headphone jack?

RSDCharlie

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just bought a Samsung F34 5G. Overall a great phone, with 8GB Ram and 128 GB storage. Everything is great about the phone, except of average camera.

I really really wanna go for the Samsung S series phones. However it's tough for me to give up the headphone jack. The bluetooth earphones are just plain irritating to carry around, along with the fact that you need to charge them occasionally.

My other choice was Asus ROG phone. However, from the reviews I've read online, even that has an average camera.

Basically I was unable to find a good camera phone online that had a headphone jack as well. They simply don't exist anymore.

Would love to hear opinions. What's your favorite thing in your phone that you just don't wanna give up??

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The sell a USB to 3.5mm headphone jack adapter. Thats what I use.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
The only time I ever use a headphone jack is on airplanes.

I'd much rather have to charge earbuds occasionally than deal with the constant issues that wired headphones cause where they only last for a month or two before one of the sides goes out due to the wires getting twisted or bent too many times.

RSDCharlie

Don Juan
Reaction score
The only time I ever use a headphone jack is on airplanes.

I'd much rather have to charge earbuds occasionally than deal with the constant issues that wired headphones cause where they only last for a month or two before one of the sides goes out due to the wires getting twisted or bent too many times.
That's the thing. I'm not against wireless earphones. I'm against companies taking away our options. Having a headphone jack means I can use both options, either wired or wireless. But since they removed the headphone jack, now they are forcing us to only use wireless. I hate that.

RSDCharlie

Don Juan
Reaction score
My fax machine broke, is there another way to send communications?
Yeah believe it or not, there's a thing called email. It's "better" than a fax. Read this term clearly. Its "Better". That word is only true in some cases.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
That's the thing. I'm not against wireless earphones. I'm against companies taking away our options. Having a headphone jack means I can use both options, either wired or wireless. But since they removed the headphone jack, now they are forcing us to only use wireless. I hate that.
Technology waits for no one.

When was the last time you saw a car manufactured that had a tape deck built into it?

Hell...now they barely even make them with CDs anymore.

The headphone jack takes up resources they can use for something else which will be more aligned with their technology driven focus.

One of the reasons I was kinda shocked to read about exploding pagers in the news because who the hell uses a pager anymore outside maybe doctors?

Those things have become like tape decks...something of the distant past technology wise.

RSDCharlie

Don Juan
Reaction score
Technology waits for no one.

When was the last time you saw a car manufactured that had a tape deck built into it?

Hell...now they barely even make them with CDs anymore.

The headphone jack takes up resources they can use for something else which will be more aligned with their technology driven focus.

One of the reasons I was kinda shocked to read about exploding pagers in the news because who the hell uses a pager anymore outside maybe doctors?

Those things have become like tape decks...something of the distant past technology wise.
If a headphone jack was a thing of the past, why do almost all laptops still have them? Also the best example here is ASUS ROG 8 phone. No one can beat that phone when it comes to android phones. It has a 5500 MAh battery, and still has a headphone jack. Why can't other phone manufacturers try to do the same?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
If a headphone jack was a thing of the past, why do almost all laptops still have them? Also the best example here is ASUS ROG 8 phone. No one can beat that phone when it comes to android phones. It has a 5500 MAh battery, and still has a headphone jack. Why can't other phone manufacturers try to do the same?
Because few companies care enough about a dying technology that not many use.

The same reason cars no longer come with tape decks and CD players.

RSDCharlie

Don Juan
Reaction score
Because few companies care enough about a dying technology that not many use.

The same reason cars no longer come with tape decks and CD players.
If you change a technology for a better one, I'm up for that. Using USB slot or bluetooth was better in cars due to access to youtube and unlimited number of songs, which you could not get using tape decks. However, many comparisons have been done online that show that wired technology is better than wireless technology when it comes to earphones due to latency issue. Giving up a good technology for a worse one, that's difficult to comprehend.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
If you change a technology for a better one, I'm up for that. Using USB slot or bluetooth was better in cars due to access to youtube and unlimited number of songs, which you could not get using tape decks. However, many comparisons have been done online that show that wired technology is better than wireless technology when it comes to earphones due to latency issue. Giving up a good technology for a worse one, that's difficult to comprehend.
The difference in terms of what it's being used for is mostly irrelevant and a difference of less than a third of a second isn't even noticeable to most people to begin with in those situations.

This is like when people argue that a certain language compiles 10x faster than another one but the difference is measured in milliseconds. At that point, who really cares? It's not even perceptible to the average person.

Now, if you are talking about things like gaming or other things where the audio is linked to what's happening and it's not in sync then yes, that could be a problem.

When you are watching YouTube videos or listening to music, that really has little to no relevance for the average person and that's what wireless headphones are mostly going to be used for.

Also, the high end wireless headphones built for things that need low latency are designed with that in mind so those are almost indistinguishable from their wired counterparts. For the average person, latency is pretty much meaningless for what they will be using it for.

RSDCharlie

Don Juan
Reaction score
The difference in terms of what it's being used for is mostly irrelevant and a difference of less than a third of a second isn't even noticeable to most people to begin with in those situations.

This is like when people argue that a certain language compiles 10x faster than another one but the difference is measured in milliseconds. At that point, who really cares? It's not even perceptible to the average person.

Now, if you are talking about things like gaming or other things where the audio is linked to what's happening and it's not in sync then yes, that could be a problem.

When you are watching YouTube videos or listening to music, that really has little to no relevance for the average person and that's what wireless headphones are mostly going to be used for.

Also, the high end wireless headphones built for things that need low latency are designed with that in mind so those are almost indistinguishable from their wired counterparts. For the average person, latency is pretty much meaningless for what they will be using it for.
I was actually talking about gaming and stuff. But I do get your point. However I own both a pair of wired and wireless earphones. But when I'm listening to music, I tend to reach out to wired earphones more than wireless. Maybe because wired earphones are easier and faster to connect, and quality wired earphones cost alot cheaper than wireless. But i guess that depends on each person's preference and budget. I just hope this technology still remains in some phones in the future, and more high end phones get it back. Would make my choice limited and easier.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah you can carry a dongle. But its so small and can get misplaced real easily.
Super glue the "dongle" to the end of your headphone jack. Problem solved.