Which LINUX OS is the best?

Reaction score
I'm going to help my dad repair this piece of crap computer with 4.3 GB of space built into it.. yep it's old.. as for processor, who knows what it is, it just sucks.

Which LINUX OS is the easiest to install and why?

Gentoo
Slackware
Ubuntu

I'd like to not waste too much time (only in town for a few days) but also get him an OS that doesn't suck. He'd use the computer for music and just wasting time when the family computer is being used.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You probably won't be able to do much with the distros you mentioned if the computer is older and only has a 4.3G hard drive. Try using Puppy Linux or Damn Small Linux.

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Try using Puppy Linux or Damn Small Linux.
Do these actually exist? Or is this a clever insult about his hard drive (and, by implication, his manhood)?

djtdot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Phyzzle said:
Do these actually exist? Or is this a clever insult about his hard drive (and, by implication, his manhood)?
I know for sure that Damn Small Linux actually exists. Not sure about puppy.

MrMike

Don Juan
Reaction score
You want the easiest to install OS? Ubuntu probably out of the list you gave.

Gentoo is not easy to install, and slack out of the box is lacking some niceties.

Of course, as was stated previously, if the computer is pretty slow, any those might run pretty slow, and Ubuntu takes up quite a bit of space for just a base install.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is Linux still boning Chuck's sister?

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, but last I heard he was getting Peppermint Patty, Chucks sister and the little red-haired girl to do a 4-some with him while Lucy watched. Things have gotten wild since CMS died.

They do snatch Lucy's vibrator away right before she gets off though, as payback for all those footballs.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bigjohnson said:
Yeah, but last I heard he was getting Peppermint Patty, ....
:eek: She's BI??? :eek: I thought she was eating out at the "Y" with that Genine Garofalo looking chick with the glasses!