Which Boxing Glove to Buy?

KiLLer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Which Boxing Glove should I buy?
I want to spar with a friend of mine and I want to go full contact.
If you can please share some information on why you think a particular glove is better than one another.

Thanks.

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If it's real fighting, get the Ken Shamrock gloves. The padding is a little hard, and the fingers are cut off. Soon you'll find it's just more fun to go bare fisted.

If it's boxing, just get some regulation 14 or 16oz gloves, it's not too important.

Jin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ok.... just a little info on boxing and equipment....

gloves were not made to protect the other guys face.. they were made to protect the wearers hand....that being said....
thats why ken shamrock would resort to grappling after the first round in the early days of UFC when they wore no gloves at all... his hands would be broken and he couldn't continue hitting...

so as to what specific brands...

for MMA, the best ones are Harbinger (although you'll have to take out the plastic bar in the palm if you want to practice grappling) and Ouano (the ones used in UFC and King of the Cage)

as for boxing gloves... stick with Fairtex or Ringside.. they make the best...... period.

Best,

Jin

and if you do go with the boxing gloves.. be sure and get the wrist wraps as well.... they are NOT for adding padding to your hand, the glove does that... its for adding support and keeping your wrist from breaking when hitting... so when you put them on... cross over the back of your hand and around the wrist and then back over the hand again.... repeat and then go 3 times around the tops of your knuckles and then twice or three times around the wrist and hand again until it runs out and velcro to itself.

Jin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
dude... what crack are you smoking!!??

wrist wraps do NOT make you hit harder..... I dunno where you picked up this bull-sh!t but its total nonsense....

the only why it would make it SEEM or FEEL as if your hitting harder is becasue wrist wraps support your wrist and keep it in proper alignment with your arm and fist which keeps your wrist from snapping so in essence it transfers more power because of proper body mechanics, NOT just because you put wrist wraps on...

if someone hit you with a boxing glove on and no wrist wraps.. it would feel no different than if he had wrist wraps on....

Best,

Jin

Apollo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jin is right, wrist wraps are only for wrist support. You must be crazy to think they would make you punch harder.