whey

napoleon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Where could one buy only whey.Not like protein but like a product from cheese.Would it be good to drink it.

superman0

Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont know what you mean.
From what I know, you can only buy protein?
You probably can buy something else.
But why?
I dont understand what your looking for...

OddTech

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I also have problems understanding your post. Here is what I can tell you.

You can buy whey protein powder (or bars) in any nutrition store (GNC but expensive) or online store (bodybuilding.com). Whey is a soluble form of milk protein. Hence, you can in a sense get whey from eating diary product, but you'll be eating fat as well. The most popular form of eating whey protein is to buy a container of whey powder (comes in various flavors), mix them with your favorite drink and chug.

There are many different types of protein, whey is one of them. There is casein, which is the insoluble protein from milk (opposite of whey). Also there are egg proteins (albumen) and soy protein as well. All of these can be bought in your local nutrition store or online. Hope this answers your question.

andyh

Don Juan
Reaction score
ok i'm from sweden and there are a lot of words i dunno but i'll do my best.

if you take milk and pour an enzyme from stomaches from calves (called löpe in swedish) the nutritiens will seperate and you'll get a creamy mass which is cottage cheese and a thin fluid which is whey. you can prolly buy the enzyme from a pharmacy or you could try and buy the whey from a dairy. Where i live i can buy whey from a dairy for 3usd/kg. but i don't. why?? keep on reading...

There is two things about this whey. the whey you buy from twinlab and like. has a protein percentage of over 80% maybe 90% this whey will have a much lower concentration. and second it'll not only smell and taste like puke it'll also make you puke. it's almost impossible to keep it down. the taste is so horrible you will wonder if it's really worth it.

if you want a cheaper protein than the whey powders from nutrition companies i recomend that you buy eggs. if you only want protein eat only the white but if you can bear with some fat eat the whole egg the yellow part contains a bit more protein but also som fat.

hope i've been to some help

//Andy

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are obviously clueless about whey.

If you had a clue, you wouldn't be asking such a dumb question. What was the point? Are you a cheapskate or strapped for loot and looking for a cheap whey hookup?

Unprocessed whey tastes like paint thinner. I worked in a cheese shop in my youth, and had the displeasure of tasting it out of curiosity.

There's a reason it's filtered and flavored for human consumption. Whey in it's natural state is nasty as hell, and probably not too good for you...can you say food poisoning?

D