• He'll stay with the Cleveland Cavaliers

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Chicago Bulls

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • New Jersey Nets

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New York Knicks

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • **** Lebron James. I couldn't care less.

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Upside

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Way to milk your own fame LeBron. I would laugh my ass off if he plays a sub-par season wherever he lands...and I'm a Bulls fan. He hasn't won anything. I kind of think this hype is ridiculous.

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't believe that he's having a live conference announcing where he's gonna sign. What a way for ESPN to get cheap viewer hits. And speaking as a Raptors fan, I don't think LeBron is milking his own fame more than Chris Bosh is. For a guy that is as good as Pau Gasol, he's sure acting like he's up there with LeBron and Wade. Maybe it's just the media stirring the pot, but I heard that the Bulls were close to acquiring both Bosh and Wade, but if it goes through, through some complicated contract rules, Bosh would be making more money than Wade which Wade won't want.

Nexus Polaris

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bosh and Wade will be teammates, but it'll be in Miami. Sucks for me. I was hoping to see Bosh in a Rockets jersey this year.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In related news, the whole of Cleveland has been placed on Suicide Watch today.

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The value of the Cleveland Cavaliers just went down in excess of $100 million as soon as LeBron said he would not return to the Cavs. They're celebrating in Miami tonight.

Upside

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In more important news, where is Ilya Kovalchuk going? Devils and Kings are in the race for him, but the greedy SOB wants a 10 mil/10 year deal.

And did the value of the franchise really fall that badly? ****. Never expected that to happen.

Ohh, and the owner is pissed as hell.

Dear Cleveland, all of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers supporters wherever you may be tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several-day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight: "I personally guarantee that the Cleveland Cavaliers will win an NBA Championship before the self-titled former 'king' wins one."

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our homegrown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland. Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day...

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue...

Dan Gilbert

Majority Owner

Cleveland Cavaliers

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the owner was drunk, he wrote all of that in comic sans...COMIC SANS!!! I haven't used that font since the fourth grade.

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lebron's behavior in setting up "The Decision" is behavior of a classic attention wh0re

EA Gold

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was never a lebron fan but I might be now.. I'm liking this movie by lebron, it brings some excitement to the game, its more of an allstar team then anything else..lol

But With Wade, bosh and lebron I think its either miami or boston who wins the championship next year.

DavenJuan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Being from Cleveland, i can tell you that Lebron is now the most hated man in cleveland sports history in front of Art Modell.

Let me explain why before you tell me that us Clevelanders are just bitter...

People in Cleveland are not "upset" that he decided to leave. this is his choice. Go where you are happy... but the hatred is coming from the WAY he did it.

Unlike Bosh who TOLD the Raptors he did not plan on returning, unlike Wade who told Miami he preferred to stay there, unlike Amare who told Phx he probably wouldnt be returning, unlike EVERY other Free Agent, Lebron was the only one who didnt at the very least, give his current team/home town the courtesy to let them know he was more than likely NOT returning. which in turn handicapped the franchise.

Lebron didnt even give the Cavs organization the heads up before going on national television. They found out the same way we did, on television. when he made his "decision" thursday morning (which no one in cleveland believes), why didnt he let the city of cleveland know he was not returning via phonecall/press release so the entire Northeast Ohio region didnt have to watch the rejection during an hour special.

People dont realize the relationship the city had with Lebron. its not as if he was from New York and played ball here. he was FROM the city. People knew Lebron here, before he was the "chosen" one. You go somewhere.. barbershop, downtown, restaurant, gas station.. people would tell you a story they may have about Lebron growing up. thats more than just a "player"...

I dont share that to say that he is "obligated" to stay in Cleveland. I say this to explain why people in cleveland expected a bit more class in the way he handled the "decision".

EA Gold

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess the second was "The Shot" made by Jordan back in 89 to knock the Cavaliers out of the playoffs. lol, that shot would scar you for a decade.

Only if we could shoot back 20 years and relive the moment!

darkstarrr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dancing with the Devil by the pale moonlight.
There are some stories going around the internet that during the series where the Cavs lost to the Celtics, Lebron learned his teamate Delonte West had been humping his mother!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...nd-delonte-west-what-the-heck-happened#page/1

Check out the slideshow in the link.

Interestingly, what allegedly followed was one of the worst games Lebron had ever had (6 points or something along those lines).

If thats true then it was clearly a contributing factor in him wanting to get out of there.

elite7

Don Juan
Reaction score
im a knicks fan but live in miami there was a huge party down here it sucks the media acted like this but it is what it is.

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DavenJuan said:
Being from Cleveland, i can tell you that Lebron is now the most hated man in cleveland sports history in front of Art Modell.

Let me explain why before you tell me that us Clevelanders are just bitter...

People in Cleveland are not "upset" that he decided to leave. this is his choice. Go where you are happy... but the hatred is coming from the WAY he did it.

Unlike Bosh who TOLD the Raptors he did not plan on returning, unlike Wade who told Miami he preferred to stay there, unlike Amare who told Phx he probably wouldnt be returning, unlike EVERY other Free Agent, Lebron was the only one who didnt at the very least, give his current team/home town the courtesy to let them know he was more than likely NOT returning. which in turn handicapped the franchise.

Lebron didnt even give the Cavs organization the heads up before going on national television. They found out the same way we did, on television. when he made his "decision" thursday morning (which no one in cleveland believes), why didnt he let the city of cleveland know he was not returning via phonecall/press release so the entire Northeast Ohio region didnt have to watch the rejection during an hour special.

People dont realize the relationship the city had with Lebron. its not as if he was from New York and played ball here. he was FROM the city. People knew Lebron here, before he was the "chosen" one. You go somewhere.. barbershop, downtown, restaurant, gas station.. people would tell you a story they may have about Lebron growing up. thats more than just a "player"...

I dont share that to say that he is "obligated" to stay in Cleveland. I say this to explain why people in cleveland expected a bit more class in the way he handled the "decision".
Exactly. If LeBron wasn't such an attention wh0re, he would have told the Cavs that he wouldn't be returning, and they could have worked something out like a trade to build towards the future. No, now he leaves them with absolutely nothing except a burning hatred amongst Cleveland fans and a pissed off owner.

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I find it funny Miami wasn't even on the poll.