Where to find fashion ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

milrenkb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm looking to redo my wardrobe. Think along the lines of the more causal and conservative styles featured in GQ. Also keep in mind that I'm 21.

So does anyone know a good website to get fashion ideas?

Fash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well the GQ magazine is good. It has a range of different styles, both casual and smart. I have found websites to be too outdated and a little to geared towards only 1 particular style.

Having said that, try http://www.asos.com/Man/1001/default.aspx

Charm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Redoing your wardrobe at age 21? Got $5,000? If so, no problem!

Just gotta be economical! 7 Dress shirts (worn casually), 2 nice belts, 2 nice shoes (one casual, one dress), 7 pairs of designer jeans, 1 hoodie, 6 solid color under-shirts, 3 t-shirts with logos and good neck cuts.

Good luck!

Fash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Charm said:
Redoing your wardrobe at age 21? Got $5,000? If so, no problem!

Just gotta be economical! 7 Dress shirts (worn casually), 2 nice belts, 2 nice shoes (one casual, one dress), 7 pairs of designer jeans, 1 hoodie, 6 solid color under-shirts, 3 t-shirts with logos and good neck cuts.

Good luck!
Instead of 7 pairs of jeans, go for 4 pairs of jeans, 2 casual trousers, and 1 smart pair of trousers.

Charm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fash said:
Instead of 7 pairs of jeans, go for 4 pairs of jeans, 2 casual trousers, and 1 smart pair of trousers.
Well, I was going off my own wardrobe but what you say makes sense. I have a pair of sweats too (OMG DONT TELL NOBODY!!!).

And even some outdoors clothes for when you go do outdoor activities (i like the adidas/sports) types with lines down the sides usually or solid colors.
http://www.paragonsports.com/Paragon/images/medium/309571Dmar_pd.jpg

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't listen to askmen.com, I asked women to review their suggestions and the women dogged that site bad.

The best way to learn fashion is to ask women what looks cool until you have *some* idea what's going on. At least they will get you some good baseline stuff to fall back on.

In stage II you should begin conveying your personality through your wardrobe. Women can still lend suggestions but you'll be adding more of your own personal style. If you're a total clueless guy though I'd let women get me started with a base wardrobe. Lance tried to make a fashion video but IMHO it didn't come out nearly detailed enough.

Good jeans and shoes are essential. At least one brown and one black set of shoes, I keep two of each in case something happens. I also always make sure to keep an extra set of jeans and a top in my car in case something gets on me somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.