where the hell are my sideburns?!

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i am 18 years old and i like to know if this is normal. i started the upper lip and the chin when i was 15yr old and now they grow faster than the average for guys of my age (not that much, just a bit faster). i have some little hair on my cheeks too, but... i never shaved my sideburns and there's nor the smallest amount of hair there... everyone of my buddies says that that's pretty strange, since it's the first facial hair that grows, a part from moustaches. they all had already been shaving their sideburns for at least 2 years when they notice hair on their chin...
it's pretty strange, since i can grow out a nice goatee, but i can't have sideburns... has anybody else this "problem"? it doesn't bother me, but i'm curious to see if i'm the only one like that

also, what's strange is that my brother (a year less than me) has been shaving his whole face EVERY DAY since he was 15years old and now his facial hair is like a grown-up man's.

my other brother, who's 3 years younger than me, is not as hairy as him, nevertheless he has to shave his sideburns every 3 days.

is this normal, or my mother fùcked 3 different men?:D

ApocalypseCow2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 26 and I don't have much facial hair. What hair I *do* have is dark and normal, but there are lots of areas on my face where I have nothing (including sideburns). My brother, on the other hand, can easily grow a beard and sideburns.

It's life, dude. Pay attention to more guys, and I'm sure you'll start to notice that there are many men out there who don't have 100% facial hair coverage.

quest

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jay, i wouldn't worry to much..

i didn't even shave when i was 18..
(maybe once every week or 2?)

21 now, i only grow hair on my side burns, neck, upper lip, chin, but nothing on my cheeks..

and it can get worse, theres a guy at my work with dark brown hair, but right where his side burns start, it goes red. and he has a HORRIBLE chin (he shaved it all off not long ago and i was seriously laughing) he's always had a full red beard rather then his chin..

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i was in the exact same situation. 17yrs old, no hair at all on my sidies, my wee bro was 15 and he had full ones. i had a 5oclock on my chin though, while he had bum fluff there.

now, i'm 19, not much stubble on my sidies when i shave, but if i let them grow for like a month, they'll turn out alright

anyways man, i wouldn't worry about it, a good ripped body's all you need to get ahead of the rest of the guys your age, not some extra hair on your face

padrote

Don Juan
Reaction score
There's a guy in our office in his mid-twenties and he can't grow sideburns. Just something that happens I guess.

Blinky

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im 23 and a half.. still can't grow side burns, ;) only get hair under my chin an on my neck also can grow a tache..... :cheer: :down: :woo: :D , cool new faces lol,.. back to the point I've always wanted full coverage so I can grow sideburns and **** cause I look so young, but i'll just have to wait ..only good point is really that I don't have to shave much, can get away with having stubble around my chin.

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
guys, it's gettin more and more abnormal, i'm now shaving my chin and my moustaches almost every morning, but yet no traces of those fùckin sideburns!

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you're lucky Jay, my hair is so thick it takes me 20 minutes to shave and i cut myself EVERYtime..... If you have little facial hair it probably means you have baby soft skin too and little body hair which chicks dig. So i don't wanna hear about it:p

Jippii

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jay-X
guys, it's gettin more and more abnormal, i'm now shaving my chin and my moustaches almost every morning, but yet no traces of those fùckin sideburns!

Boo-fcking-hoo don't you realize many 17 year olds need to shave once every ONE or TWO WEEKS.