where have YOU met women?

Mr.Fantastic

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am interested in places that you guys have met girls, and the proceeded to take them out on dates (or sex, etc). I am getting pretty sick of bar game as it just doesnt seem to yield the results I want. I want to meet some sane girls, have a real conversation, get a GF etc.

I met a few girls at uni, but i'm not at uni anymore. I met my last gf in a bar.

Where have you guys met girls? Lets see if we can get a LOT of replies going here, if you read this thread then post where you met that girl! I'm sure with the more people that reply it will become useful at sorting out which places are best for finding women!

Moofahsa

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Network of friends. Guy friends, friends that are girls (you know the fat kind you can joke and text with).....once you get that network going you are pretty hardpressed to run out for a while. Friends are always wanting to hook you up, or go to mutal events and run into a group ect...

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.sosuave.com/halloffame/hall5.htm
Like it says in the article, these women may not be the bar types at all.

So far for me, it's all been about gaming at school, but that'll change soon with all these weddings I'm going to. I ride bicycles but bicycle trails are a no-no because they are afraid to speak due to other women getting attacked on the trails.

Mr.Fantastic

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is interesting, I have a feeling that most people meet through mutual friends, people like it because 'friends' have been pre-selected, so they are 'safe; and 'approved by friends' which gets things going. Puts me in the ****ter a bit because I don't really have any friends. It sucks.

Mr.Fantastic

Don Juan
Reaction score
awesome, this has got me thinking, museums and coffee houses! Of course! and anywhere where a woman is reading a book! If she all she wanted to do is read the book then she would do it at home!!!!! (except perhaps on the tube). I think I need to be on the look out for girls reading books in public places! They are just screaming for human contact, they might as well be reading 'come give me a shag!'.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Mr.Fantastic said:
! They are just screaming for human contact, they might as well be reading 'come give me a shag!'.
Especially if they are reading a romance novel or a book about sex techniques j/k.

I hear you on the bar thing. One thing going in your favor at coffee shops and bookstores is that it's not a meat market full of guys with liquid courage and all their buddies backing them up. There's downsides to coffe shops and clubs, it's not as totally acceptable to do a lot of approaches at them as in a bar.

Effington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
90% of my good friends that I've met have been through networking, primarily through friends. My latest interest I actually met at our company gym. As the saying goes, you always meet the coolest people when you least expect it or when you're not trying at all.

In my 5 years of pretty consistent bar hopping, I can't name one good, quality friend that I met through a random approach. Doesn't mean it's not fun, though...

Sexual

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
EVERYWHERE. Anywhere. Live your life and you'll find them. See them and approach them.
Unless you work in your basement. Then you should go to match.com lol

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Effington said:
As the saying goes, you always meet the coolest people when you least expect it or when you're not trying at all.
This is true! It is true because when you're not looking you're frame is different. Girls don't want to be chased. They want a guy that's not expecting anything. That's what sosuave tries to teach guys. It's not a line or a certain dress code, but a state of being. Anyway, I digess...

Go to the book stores that have coffee shops, church (singles groups), yoga, spin classes, aerobics, dance classes (swing style), and school.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Effington said:
90% of my good friends that I've met have been through networking, primarily through friends. My latest interest I actually met at our company gym. As the saying goes, you always meet the coolest people when you least expect it or when you're not trying at all.

In my 5 years of pretty consistent bar hopping, I can't name one good, quality friend that I met through a random approach. Doesn't mean it's not fun, though...

Yeah the cold approach has been a losing proposition for a lot of guys, but it beats doing nothing. Some guys can get a decent amount of ONS from it though.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.sosuave.com/quick/tip255.htm
I've given 7 times and last time was the best, had women in their 30's and 40's opening me! They were all single too and very open to discussion.

http://www.sosuave.com/quick/tip216.htm
One of the best places I've personally experienced back in the day.
Also a gym couldn't hurt, being as they are sweaty and and more prone to rejection from guys.

dfb808

Don Juan
Reaction score
Malls, school, bookstores (gotta love Barnes and Nobles), public transportation, through mutual friends, just taking the chance to talk to someone who catches your eye

dfb808

Don Juan
Reaction score
Malls, school, bookstores (gotta love Barnes and Nobles), public transportation, through mutual friends, just taking the chance to talk to someone who catches your eye