When women joke about your height

Reggie Bush

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm a newbie to this forum, and just finished reading the bible, or most of it...Anyhow...I'm a really short guy. I'm 5-3. And women joke about my height all the time. How do I counter this and not be embarassed? For example, I asked this girl out to a school dance and she says, " Sorry. But I don't date guys who are shorter than my little brother"....Man I was so mad...But i hear things like this all the time. Although not as harsh as what i just mentioned, but enough to make you feel embarassed. Sometimes it's indirect comments like ," i would never date a short guy" or " short guys are so wierd looking", right while i'm there...Is there anything i can do ? I know I need to have more confidence in my height, but is that enough? Is there a way I can counter this? THanks.

Zombie

Banned
Reaction score
Nothing you can bro. Yes 5'3" is short, but that's life. You'll find someone who likes you for who you are.

Tazman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As of right now, FORGET ABOUT YOUR HEIGHT. Seriously, it is a huge waste of time thinking about it even for a millisecond. I'm only 3" taller than you so I fall in the "short" category as well. The sooner you let it go, the sooner you can get on with your life. People make comments from time to time, but all I do is laugh (if it's funny) and continue ahead. Don't ever let anyone think it bothers you because it will provide them with all the ammunition they need to get under your skin.

TubularBells28

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello, short person coming through! *nudges through crowd *

Anyway, welcome to the boards! Yeah, height is a big issue, but I learnt some things about being short and have taken them into practice.

For starters, if you are out of shape, get to the gym. By getting into the gym and busting some weight, you can make any woman take back her statement that short guys don't give good protection.

Be ****y and confident. Don't have a date for the dance? Who gives a damn? Find an open space surrounded by people and bust out some moves. Some of the shortest guys I know are awesome dancers.

Also, for a confidence booster, say to her that, "I may be short, but I am balanced out in "other" places." For example, Ron Jeremy is only 5'6", yet he has a huge ****. Short guys often have big ****s.

People say that there are no advantages to being short, but I must disagree. As a short guy, you are naturally advantaged in dancing, seeing as it is easier to pull tricky and breakdancing moves. In addition, short guys tend to have a LOT of endurance, which means better performance in the bedroom.

So to wrap this up, think of it in this way. Use confidence, get in shape, be ****y and funny, and be the center of attention. I guarantee you that having an electric personality will make a majority of women forget all about your height. Some will turn you down, but the hell with them! Their loss.

The Juan and only

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you need to project that you are confortable with your height. If girls make fun of you, make fun of them back (not in a nasty way)..just tease them about anything appropriate that comes to mind.

to give off that sexy confidence women love, you need to be completly confortable with yourself.

short guys can get girls just like anyone else.

Tazman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, and please do not "overcompensate" for it by acting like something you're not. Be who you are and "except" yourself along with all your flaws. You'll be much happier that way.

aftershock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
5'3" is very short...BUT if you laugh at your height, then it'll make you feel more comfortable.

I'm 5'9" and I honestly sometimes think that I'd rather be taller or shorter, rather than bloody average!

SparkleMotion

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just like any average sized male, I wish I was in the 6 foot range.

But whenever a girl asks how tall I am, I say "I'm a lofty 5'9"!"

bobbob

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Height is NOT an issue. The biggest players I've seen have been short (like less than 5'5").

Here's a story that helps illustrate this ... I'm not short, but I've had other things to deal with.

I remember once I went out to a bar, and during this time I was breaking out with acne. Like a few big cystic zits, very noticeable.

As I was walking through the parking lot on the way to the bar, I was self-conscious of the acne. I noticed that a few women would make eye contact, and then look right at the zit, and I could tell for sure they were looking at it.

I decided to put the thought of having acne out of my mind COMPLETELY. In other words, I totally ignored the fact that I had these zits, and decided to just act and go about my business as if my skin was clear.

The funny thing was, every girl who made eye contact after that, not one of them even noticed I had these zits (which were quite large and noticeable).

Not one of them looked at them - they just maintained eye contact.

Because I was comfortable with the idea of having the zits, they were comfortable with it too. I truly don't think they even noticed it once I changed my mentality for that night.

Does this make sense? The point I'm trying to make is, if you TRULY stop viewing your height as some kind of limitation, women won't view it as such either.

And if they mention your height, or call you short, its very likely a sh1t test, to test how secure you are with yourself, and you should treat it as such.

peace

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
we get this to much here....height is somethign that doent matter..

carry yourself proud..and project confidence

GuitarPlayer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Also keep in mind that you're in high school (I'm assuming). Girls at that age are WAY more cruel than they'll be when you get older.

DonJuanMonk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cut off their titties, beat the shiat out of them to show how short you really are.

The Juan and only

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One advantage I can think of is that you'll be at about boob level...get some of that sweet eye candy without the effort of having to crane your neck downwards.

If you still see height as an issue then either:

**** them so hard it compacts their spine - the height difference will disappear.

or just break their legs to bring 'em down you your level.

..some quality tips for ya there guys;)