when women ask for your number

aiforce_juan

Don Juan
Reaction score
lately, women have been chasing me and wanting ME to ask for their number ( I believe)

If they were interested, shouldn't they have asked my number already or not necessarily?

senator

Don Juan
Reaction score
It usually means they're not interested. For whatever reason, they feel uncomfortable in saying so in person and may give you a false hope . Now, when they refuse to give me their number, and they in turn ask for mine, I'll then refuse. Even in the past when I would give my number, i would promtly forget about them.

john_1234

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
every situation is different... once, and only once, i asked a cutie for her #. she said, "let me have yours." i said, "nevermind." she literally grabbed my phone out of my hand and typed her # in. after some time, she told me she wanted to make sure we'd meet again & that was the reason she wanted to get my # rather than the other way around. doesn't happen often, though; only once for me. but as a rule, i always ask for her # and if they ever give me that "let me have yours line," i don't proceed any further ("never mind").

Cheat_LBJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by senator
It usually means they're not interested. For whatever reason, they feel uncomfortable in saying so in person and may give you a false hope . Now, when they refuse to give me their number, and they in turn ask for mine, I'll then refuse. Even in the past when I would give my number, i would promtly forget about them.
Like this post says, the order of things is important.

If she asks for your number unprompted, then she's probably very interested. If she doesn't give you her number but takes yours, it PROBABLY means she's not very interested (though i've had friends enter into LTRs from girls who just got their number and called them).

dirtyvibe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
well yeah, if she asks your number after you've asked for hers and she doesn't give you hers, try to to get hers, otherwise its probably a huge iod, but give her your number anyways as it cant hurt.

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by aiforce_juan
lately, women have been chasing me and wanting ME to ask for their number ( I believe)

If they were interested, shouldn't they have asked my number already or not necessarily?
No, that's not how it works. They expect you to take the initiative and ask them. If that doesn't work, they'll do some "work" and hint and be subtle and see if you'll ask. If you still don't ask, they'll start making it obvisous, "we should get together sometime." You are right when you say they chase you wanting YOU to ask for the nubmer, no doubt about it. She still wants you to ask her, but most of the time she won't, specially if she's gone through all the steps and you haven't caught on or shown interest.

At best, most of the time you will get a "give me a call sometime", that is a blatant attempt of her still trying to GET YOU to ask her for the number.