When to ask for the number

JPlaya

Banned
Reaction score
So I'm in college and I'm talking to girls, but I don't know when to ask for number because I usually talk to them in a class room setting where you don't get much time to talk.

Yuma

Don Juan
Reaction score
The number should usually be a close to the conversation. If you've got better game than that, there should be a kiss close. If you've got amazing game, insta-date. Or lay. Whichever. But, still - the number has to come first before those, and that's usually the closer. After you "tell" her you guys are getting together, and then you "tell" her to give you her number. Don't ask - if you don't ask, there's less chance they'll say no.

NOW. In times where you don't have a lot of room to talk, passing notes works wonders. Funny sketches, games (tic-tac-toe), just quick little notes back and forth - lots of C+F, sarcasm. Get her to laugh and you've got her.

The best way I've found to do it is to play hangman - use a couple of simple words, then make it a little harder, and then ... draw the gallows, and put this

(_ _ _) _ _ _ - _ _ _ _

she'll either get it, and give it to you, or she'll be like "the hell is this?" and you'll say "you don't know you're own phone number?" and she'll give it to you.

I've done it ten times, worked every time.

handle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"hey, we should hang out sometime. Give me your number and I'll send you a text so you get mine"

It's college, if you're self-conscious about saying the above just realize everyone else is too. And that she probably wants you to ask anyway. Everyone is trying to reach out.

thevilittletroll

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
phone #'s are not a big deal, and try to live by that philosophy. if you make it a big deal by asking for her #, she will make it a big deal and get creeped out. she'll probably still give you the #, but it will only turn into a flake. the best method is to have a reason you are asking for her # in the first place. have something going on like a concert, or a party, or some other event. never say we should hang out sometime whats your #? also dont make your conversation the reason you are talking to her. ask earlier and keep the conversation going a few mins after you have her #.

my fav # close technique can be used without even asking? i use it in bars but can be used during normal conversation. while you are setting up your "event" that i mentioned earlier, type her name in your phone, put the cursor on the # part and just hand her your phone. it is just common sense for her to type it in. keep talking, remember its not a big deal to have her phone #.

this has never failed for me, 100% success rate. i've even done it while having a conversation with one of her friends.