When the girl vanishes

Juan_Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Last week, I walked into this store (very well dressed) and I spotted a worker I had been infatuated with for almost two months now. When she saw me, she disappeared as soon as I turned my head. I'm not sure if she still works there or if she was just visiting, but seeing her again got my interest revitalized when I almost forgot about her. Now I'm not a stalker, mind you, but I do want a chance to talk to this girl but I'm rarely given the opportunity. Her disappearing act was probably a sign of disinterest but the challenge makes her all the more desirable. Meanwhile, I get checked out by other girls on a consistent basis but none of them compare (even the hot ones). I know this is AFC but can someone please help me win this one girl over.

SexPDX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Juan_Man
Her disappearing act was probably a sign of disinterest but the challenge makes her all the more desirable.
It wasn't necessarily a sign of disinterest. She might just be shy. You'd be surprised how shy girls can be, even hot ones.

I know this is AFC but can someone please help me win this one girl over.
Dude, you been here a LOOONNG time. This is bodering on trolling. You know what you got to do here.

-PDX

Juan_Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually, I really don't know what to do despite my "Master Don Juan" status.

PYROTAK

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: When the girl vanishes

Originally posted by SexPDX

Dude, you been here a LOOONNG time. This is bodering on trolling. You know what you got to do here.

-PDX
lol what a useless post the man has a question just answer it :rolleyes:

so wait you never talked with this chick before?

Juan_Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I talked to her before when I was looking for a place to work. I now have a job, so now I want her phone number.

SexPDX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually, I really don't know what to do despite my "Master Don Juan" status.
Hey, you're only a SENIOR Don Juan! Don't get too big for your britches just yet. LOL!!!! Just kidding, buddy.

Anyway, it you are not just trolling and despite having been here probably longer than me you STILL don't know what to do..uhhhhh...talk to her, convey whatever personality you are capable of at this stage in the game, ask her out....I'm just brainstorming here, I don't know the situation and you haven't given me much to go off of.

Don't try to do too much here, anything's better than nothing. And don't blow this out of proportion in terms of importance (that is to say, don't attatch too much to the outcome).

-PDX

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Glad to see you posting some Nick. The place desperately needs more of the old timers to come back and straighten stuff out. I was thinking about your a$$ wiping thread earlier today for some reason and got to laughing. Okay...I'm leaving this thread now before I derail it. Just wanted to say it's nice to "see" ya back. I'd like to see Cyclo, Mr. Paki, Drew and some of the others stop in too.

Juan_Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by SexPDX
Hey, you're only a SENIOR Don Juan! Don't get too big for your britches just yet. LOL!!!! Just kidding, buddy.

Anyway, it you are not just trolling and despite having been here probably longer than me you STILL don't know what to do..uhhhhh...talk to her, convey whatever personality you are capable of at this stage in the game, ask her out....I'm just brainstorming here, I don't know the situation and you haven't given me much to go off of.

Don't try to do too much here, anything's better than nothing. And don't blow this out of proportion in terms of importance (that is to say, don't attatch too much to the outcome).

-PDX
My problem is that I'm not getting the opportunity because I don't know her work schedule. I don't want to go in there every day just to find her. Too stalkerish. I did leave a male worker my phone number that day to give to her but he wasn't sure who I was talking about. I did my best to describe her and left it at that. I didn't like this strategy (I prefer to act in person) but I felt it was the only thing I could do at this point. Any other ideas?

Disconnect

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You left her your phone number... do you really think she'll call? I haven't been here as long as you have, but just imagine yourself in her position. You come to work one day and find a random guy's phone number on your desk. Will you call? I sure as hell wouldn't.

What I would do is wait. She couldn't disappear forever. She has a job to do, and unless she wants to get fired, she ll have to do it despite your presence :p . So wait around next time she disappears. Walk around the store, browse your favorite section or whatever, and look at any partially open doors or glass windows. Chances are if she disappeared because of you, she's watching you from someplace concealed.

SexPDX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My problem is that I'm not getting the opportunity because I don't know her work schedule.
Clearly, your options are limitted for exactly the reasons you say. You, however, have compounded the problem by not taking action one of the myriad of other times you saw her in the past.

I don't want to go in there every day just to find her. Too stalkerish. I did leave a male worker my phone number that day to give to her but he wasn't sure who I was talking about. I did my best to describe her and left it at that.
Dude, what you ended up doing is just as arrousing of suspicion and weirdness as what you did NOT want to do.

Also, it's a safe bet that the dude you gave your number to is NOT going to sing your praises to her and act as some sort of DJ by proxy for your agenda. He probably knows damn well who you are talking about and and wants her himself!

Any other ideas?
I don't think it matters much what you do at this point. Continue with it if you like ONLY if you are able to attatch NOTHING to the outcome.

Go meet some other women.

-PDX

Juan_Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I think I'll stop by the store a couple of times next week at around the same time. Hopefully, I'll find her and when I do, I'm not leaving without either her phone number or a rejection. Peace.

SexPDX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wyldfire
Glad to see you posting some Nick.
Don't get too used to it. I have WAY too much on my plate these days to get sucked back into interminable preoccupation with women. But I will continue be in here occassionally I am sure.

Good to "see" you too.

-PDX