Whats your opinion on getting back with EX if YOU were the problem?

Infern0

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Say some girl from a few years back who you were with but at the time you were AFC

If you can look back and see that you fouled up the relationship being needy and clingy or whatever.

Would you give it another whirl or nah?

(Btw not a reality based situation just wondered the concensus)

PatientOne

Don Juan
Reaction score
Only for a hook up. There is no way that I would put up with having crap thrown in my face, and you know that a woman will do that.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It would have to progress naturally. Like I'm not doing **** for her unless she clearly wants it. Then we can start moving forward. But if she starts making fun of me NOW for how I was BEFORE, I'm out. Doubt that I would ever want to get with someone who knew me from way back when though.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
A few years ago?? It's over. Move on.

A few weeks ago, if you messed up, a real man owns up and admits when they are wrong. Avoid apologizing per se as it only makes a copy of whatever went wrong to begin with. Just say you regret the way you acted.

But you can't say that years later or you look like you're obsessed.

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Generally speaking, I'd say no. I read a long time ago, something about how it very rarely works out again in future, whatever the circumstances were for the break up. Usually one or both has truly moved on or the compatibility isn't there anymore, not for anything serious anyway.

I tried a few times to half-heartedly rekindle a couple of old flames, but would say it might work one time in ten. With absence and time and meeting other people comes experience and reflection. A break up happens usually for quite profound reasons and it's important to acknowledge those, especially for a man.

AlphaNate

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nope. She'll always know you as that chump. You don't want to inadvertently re-frame back to what you used to be.

Leave it.

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Even if you can look back and feel that you were the issue, there is still the relationship dynamic between the two people. The real question is - did both people grow in the interim. The problem is that you can truly only answer that for yourself.