What's the point of marriage ?

ScottMustaine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was reading in mature men section about guys having divorces.

What's the point of this **** when in the end someone will cheat, get bored or something like that ?

I see everywhere that marriage only brings sadness into the household. Maybe because of the feeling that you are not anymore that much free?

I for sure get bored after X period of time with some person. Women probably do the same. Yet people marry AGAIN.

It only leads to loss of your material posessions.

Whatsoever if you get married you basically hand over your balls.

Woman can cheat and get away with it. Not only that, when divorce comes, she gets half of your ****, and if she has a kid ( who might end up not being yours but you signed the paternity) , she wins a milking cow.

So she gets awarded for cheating. If you cheat, again it's lame, but if she finds out, divorce comes and she gets half of your posessions, again. With this being something as 'punishment' .

So why are men doing this ? Society pressure ? **** THAT !

Maybe I'm wrong , but I grew up with rock n roll/metal music mentallity...

Discuss.

betheman

Banned
Reaction score
There isnt much to dscuss, you have supplied a very convincing argument

anon92

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll play devil's advocate for this,

Mainly its for religious, societal norms and some other reasons I will mention. I have heard a ****load of divorce horror stories but looking at relationships in general at least in my life, successful but but often stressful marriages tend to last until death are more common than divorced relationships in my experience. Of course you have to have a solid girl though, a mannered girl who doesn't hit up the club is going to yield a better marriage than a girl who is covered with tattoos with one kid who hits up the bars and clubs every weekend.

Comparably looking at the alpha wolf or the alpha lion what is their reward for being the alpha male? Its mating and producing offspring with their the rest of their pack/ pride. Now we don't believe in polygamy in marriage and could argue that having 10+ kids to 10+ mothers might be success, but with humans I would argue that doing this is impractical and marriage is the alternate form of it. Don't get me wrong its a risk but if you find the "perfect" woman why won't you want to have kids, sure they might be expensive,might die before having kids but they are what is left of you, so it would make sense mentoring them to leave a piece of yourself with the world.

I don't quite understand alpha males who say "im never having kids", you are removing yourself from the genepool in 100 years no one will likely remember your only lasting thing in this world will be your children. Besides when you look back on life at your deathbed do you want to be surrounded by the doctor and priest with no one there saying "aww man I had so much game back in the day" maybe with the latest senior from the seniors home who ass your tapping or would you like to see the success of your marriage with your wife,3 + kids and 8+ grandchildren at your deathbed.

Sure you can stay commonlaw but you won't yield the same high quality results that a successful marriage. Your kids will have to awkwardly explained why their parents aren't married to their friends after you explain it to them ("well you see I never trusted your mother and always believed she was going to leave me after we got married and steal the house, sorry your a bastard"). Look at the the successful people in the world they have always come from marriages, mostly successful marriages too. Disregarding marriage might seem and sound alpha now but your won't be able to pull in same hbs once you hit mid 40s and it goes down from there. Marriage will optimize the conditions to producing the best offspring. Overall I believe a successful marriage can be alpha. Key word is successful, you can't cheat or fall into your old beta ways just because you have been married with 2 kids for 15 years, even then sometimes failure on the other partners part. Marriage is a risk but Alpha males are defined by their willingness to taking risks fear free, we are suppose to be fearless then betas. We walk up to the two hbs sitting at the bar and approach them when the 5 betas in the back are hoping they will walk up to them. I would advise you to start looking and keep this in the back of your mind when you meet girls because the good ones are the first to go the rest of the decent ones usually get ringed before 30 and after 40 a women tends to have kids that aren't the best quality (downs and other birth defects start to happen). Go out and seize the moment at least you 18 and trying to figure this out unlike people who end up 50+ childless saying oh ****. I don't care how alpha you think you are if you don't have kids you will likely be forgotten from history as only a fraction are remember (although they are almost all alpha males lol) and will have bred yourself out of the genepool.

TL;DR Marriage + children that is successful is alpha as Phuck buts its still a risk don't get me wrong on that, But alpha males take risk, we are suppose to stare danger straight in the face and laugh, eat fear and sh!t courage my friend. By having fear of failure and not playing the game you automatically lose.

Anyway this is my philosophy on marriage feel free to disregard, accept or challenge it and stay frosty

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For me, i grew up with the mentality that you grow up, make money, fall in love and you get married, have kids etc. After what happened to me emotionally from my ex girlfriend that i loved very much and no question wanted to marry, she did me in big time. I was an emotional mess and thought to myself..... Imagine if i was married and had kids, how much worse could i feel? I have read stories of Husbands saying they love their wife and family very much then out of no where, the Wife is getting distant and is probably having or exploring an affair, then say they feel bored or dont feel the spark anymore with their husbands and not only have i read it, ive seen it. I would like to get married with someone i truly love but the idea that few years down the line, my wife tells me "shes not happy", What could make it worse is me being a great husband and father and my wife STILL decides she's unhappy and doesnt "feel" the same anymore. i dont think i could take another heartache like i did previously only being married, i will get crushed financially as well. im not against marriage, like i said id like to get married but.... the risk of emotional, financial and mental devastation, im just not sure.

seethehoop

Don Juan
Reaction score
I got married, now getting divorced. She's getting half of everything despite bringing nothing into the relationship. I'm not gonna get bitter about it, there's no point. I can't do anything about it but my advice to anyone is DON'T GET MARRIED!

I found it gives a free pass to give up on each other. I believe the fear of loss, the fear that the other person may walk away is what will keep things going.

If I do get into another LTR I will celebrate my years of not being married to that person.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
seethehoop said:
I got married, now getting divorced. She's getting half of everything despite bringing nothing into the relationship. I'm not gonna get bitter about it, there's no point. I can't do anything about it but my advice to anyone is DON'T GET MARRIED.
I've also been married, but now divorced. I figured I would try it once. I had what I considered a good choice of woman but it still didn't work out.

The problem is that marriage is no longer the institution that it used to be. The current culture has eroded it to the point where it has no meaning. Today's women will not take the vows seriously, they will only stay married while it is convenient for them to do so. The vows mean nothing, not in today's culture. Therefore I have to echo your advice, don't get married.

I find that if a woman has high interest and feelings for you, she will do whatever is necessary to stay with you. Which is why I've been living with my girlfriend for nearly 10 years. And if at some point she decides to leave you, she probably was going to whether you were married or not.

Obviously today, a large part of the "point" of marriage is to raise children. Unfortunately in today's environment, having children is an even bigger risk to your financial well being than marriage is. As ScottMustaine said, you may then become the woman's money cow.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
This day and age, F**K MARRIAGE TO THE 3RD POWER!

Marriage used to be a beautiful thing, but now it's a ploy for the woman to get most of the man's stuff and think nothing of it. It's better to just stay boyfriend and girlfriend. No paperwork involved.

My verdict: 9 times out of 10 this is a great way to get robbed by a woman. The courts will favor her, and I've seen lots of these cases. You'll never know if the love and desire will still be there when you put the ring on her finger.

Case closed.

Leporello

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Half of marriages end in divorce...but then, half of them don't.

Sure, it can be all the bad things you describe, but you 'could' gain a home, a refuge, a family that loves you and someone to support you throughout the difficulties of your life.

I'm not trying to be maudlin - I don't believe in happy ever afters. Boredom, frustration, and betrayal are possible like they are in every human relationship.

Bottom line, marriage - like everything else - is a risk. It's a question of whether you believe the rewards are worth it.

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marriage is great if you want a stable relationship and commitment. The problem is that with the advent of no-fault divorce that stability went out the window as soon as she's unhaaaapy or something shinier than you catches her eye. The best thing you can do is to remove the incentives for divorce. That means a rock solid prenup, and avoiding being the breadwinner so that she isn't tempted with cash & prizes from divorce theft. Lastly, the older they get the fewer options they have, so that means they'll be less likely to jump ship if they know there won't be anyone around to fish her out of the sea. This is why I recommend not getting married until you're a least 30-35. Guys have no idea what their sexual market value is until that age and tend to really hamstring themselves by settling down too soon. With hookup culture in full swing I strongly recommend you use it fully to your advantage to get your fill and find out what you do and do not want from a woman long-term.

Last edited:

C-quenced

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ScottMustaine said:
Maybe I'm wrong , but I grew up with rock n roll/metal music mentallity...
Discuss.
And it's doing you good. It sure beats the slave/sheep mentality most people base their lives on. I wish I was as knowledgeable as you at 18 brother. You're wise beyond your years.

I don't want to make it seem as if I'm bitter or intentionally trying to bash women because I'm not but the truth is they're nothing more then illogical hypocrites that demand so much more then they actually deserve. The only thing that matters to them is themselves and their stupid feelings. Why on earth anyone would want to put their lives on the line for that is beyond me. I think as you gain more insight and experience you'll be deeply disappointed. While I harbor no hatred or resentment for women I also have nothing good to say about them either. Other then sex they're just completely useless.

Burroughs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You would have to be a idiot in need of a mother figure to get married today...unfortunately most men are idiots in need of mother figures. :)

from http://www.the-spearhead.com/2010/10/08/stop-looking-for-a-wife-you-wont-find-one/

If someone were to tell young men that with a little pixie dust they could fly like Tinkerbell, they could hardly be making a more absurd statement than in telling them that a contemporary Western woman will, upon marriage, become a helpful, cooperative and cheerful wife, but I suppose hope springs eternal.

One could say that part of the blame lies with the amulet and dream dealers – the media and corporations who profit from the marriage industry – but that would be to miss the big picture; these people are simply taking advantage of a demand, like all businessmen. In fact, what they sell tends to reflect rather than influence society. Take two Disney movies for example: Snow White and Cinderella.

With a couple of small children under my wing, I’ve had a lot of time to catch up on old Disney movies, and they speak volumes about the times they were produced.

Snow White was released in 1937, during the Great Depression. She is a modest, but cheerful young beauty who hides when she first sees the prince. Menaced and nearly assassinated on the orders of her wicked queen stepmother, a powerful, aggressive seductress, witch and prototypical feminist who hates Snow White for her kind, tender ways and youthful beauty, she flees into the forest, where she finds the hard-working dwarves, who are bachelor miners. Needing some protection she endears herself to the little men by cheerfully cleaning, cooking, baking pies, singing, dancing, etc. Finally, she wins over even Grumpy Dwarf, the Ur MGTOW who has little use for women. Much adventure ensues, in which she is poisoned by the feminist queen, who is subsequently chased to her doom by the furious dwarves. Sad to lose their pretty little helpmeet, the dwarves construct a glass coffin so that her beauty will not be hidden, and her prince finally finds her and awakens her from her slumber with a kiss, upon which they leave to presumably go on to become husband and wife. Note that there is no wedding in the movie.

Snow White, a girl who cheerfully cooks and cleans for short, stout and bald working men and brings some feminine grace and genuine kindness into the mix as well is an example of the old ideal wife. Not every man would get a Snow White, but he could at least expect that women aspired to be somewhat like her as wives and, most importantly, were expected to be so.

Just 13 years later, after the war that changed everything, Disney released another fairytale movie: Cinderella. Like Snow White, Cinderella was the victim of a cruel stepmother who forced her to work as a maid, but her attitude shows a marked difference. Not only does she ***** and moan about housework, she even indulges the household pests, bringing them food and protecting them from the cat.

The plot in Cinderella revolves around a royal ball in which the prince must choose a wife at the insistence of his father. The ball therefore represents female competition along the lines of the modern mating ritual, where females deck themselves out in all manner of finery and compete for the alpha male’s attention. Again, here is another departure from Snow White. Rather than the modest, bashful young princess waiting for a prince to sweep her away, we have a horde of women descending on a giant dance floor competing for the prize, a desirable male who is reluctant to commit. It’s a scene one can see today in clubs in big cities.

JohnChops

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No more keyboard jockeying . Action is the place.
why get married, so when you get divorved the she devil can take all YOUR hard earned money and she didnt have to do sh1t for. To many sh1t women out there to settle down with and my god are they good as faking anything. So why bother even settling down? I wouldnt even let my future wife get anywhere close to my bank accounts, house, toys, etc, without a rock fuvcking hard prenup.

C-quenced

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JohnChops said:
why get married, so when you get divorved the she devil can take all YOUR hard earned money and she didnt have to do sh1t for.
They're vagina's are all beat to **** by the time they reach my age, Not to mention the psychological trauma they been through for many years. When you sign that stupid contract you're also agreeing to put up with all her bull****. See if the guys she willingly gave sex to before you came into the picture had to jump through the same hoops you do. Society expects you to buy and commit to used ***** that's probably STD infested at the highest possible price. If there's anything that actually does anger me this is it.

JohnChops said:
To many sh1t women out there to settle down with and my god are they good as faking anything. So why bother even settling down? I wouldnt even let my future wife get anywhere close to my bank accounts, house, toys, etc, without a rock fuvcking hard prenup.
You better mean every last word you say because the courts can laugh away a prenuptial agreement if they choose.

AriMamba

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think people have 1 single problem and they want to get divorced right away.

but i have been thinking about it lately i would not want to get married ever!

pdx1138

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ya there's always one half of the marriage where one of the two just drop it and put little effort in to keep it intact.

I was telling my sister on saturday: I'm NEVER getting married.

She said I'd be a great husband.

I'm not worried about ME it's the other half I said. she laughed.

No kids, no marriage.

F it.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've stated this before, as this comes up every other week on this forum.

I have what i call the megyn kelly rule. What is the megyn kelly rule you might ask? well i will tell you.

A woman, who is truely a catch, and knows she is a catch, and not only knows she is a catch, and has no real baggage, they dictate terms. it's really that simple.

once i finally started getting ass on a regular basis I never saw a day where i would be married. yet here i am, married a year and a half with a 4 year old. and honestly quite happy.

Here's the problem. regardless of what you want, or what you think is fair, women that everyone want to date, and that can attract the best, they are not going to pay any you any serious attention why would tehy? that would be like some smoking hot gir you know telling you that she's a nun and that any guy that wants to get with you has to become a monk. i'm sure she can find some dope that woudl agree to those terms, but i'm not beucase i don't have to.

simply put, if you honestly want a catch, you are going to have to give up something. Would I prefer not having the goverment in my life, the ability to up and leave when i damn well please, or have to dish out 10s of thoundsands of dollars just so i can put a ring on her finger and come right back home where we were lol? of course. but, my wife is a catch. she knows she's a catch. she loves me very much. I know this beyond a shadow of a doubt. however I also know that eventually, regardless of what she might say, had i not put a ring on her finger, the gig was going to be up once someone else came along that was suitable that would. and that to me was not acceptable. at least in regards to her it wasn't.

i will say this, the mindset that you have is much better than the mindst most guys have, that they are looking to marry the first girl that looks at them. But eventually if you meet a woman worth settling down with, and that you know will be a benefit to your life, you will change your opinion ust like i did. and if you don't so what.

the reason I call it the megyn kelly rule is that megyn kelly has just about all the traits that most men want.. sexy as hell, in shape, smart as hell, and on top of that, doesan't need a dime from you. now, do you honestly think that if you were dating megyn kelly and you told her that, do you not think there would be a block of guys around the time square watiing to put a ring on her finger, all of which are just as if not more qualified than you are lol?

catches, both male and female dictate terms. in the beginning of my wife and i's relationship i dictated the terms. all of them. but if i was going to keep her around, the only way we were going to stay together is if i put a ring on her finger. ;she won't ad mit it to this day but that's all there is to it beucase i know her. damn near every fight we ever had was because she was scared of me leaving her. we have had all of one fight in the last 18 months since i put a ring on her finger. she's content and happy now.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
zekko said:
The problem is that marriage is no longer the institution that it used to be. The current culture has eroded it to the point where it has no meaning. Today's women will not take the vows seriously, they will only stay married while it is convenient for them to do so. The vows mean nothing, not in today's culture. Therefore I have to echo your advice, don't get married.

I find that if a woman has high interest and feelings for you, she will do whatever is necessary to stay with you. Which is why I've been living with my girlfriend for nearly 10 years. And if at some point she decides to leave you, she probably was going to whether you were married or not.

Obviously today, a large part of the "point" of marriage is to raise children. Unfortunately in today's environment, having children is an even bigger risk to your financial well being than marriage is. As ScottMustaine said, you may then become the woman's money cow.
There is a term used to describe a man with a wife, child and mortgage.

Winner? NO! Slave!

And yet we are all brainwashed into thinking we need to be slaves or we failed! And other men will say "You're not married yet? We need to set you up". Misery wants company.

Stay single and you'll have more "Honeymoon phases" overall, even if you're lonely 9 months out of every year.

Marriage used to be part of successful cultures, but now it's been perverted into forcing a man to service a woman for the rest of his life.

ScottMustaine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Somebody said I wanna be alpha.

Not really. I never believed in that mindset. I just had laid back mindset before, and now I went ' Less *****in' more doin' " type of thing.

Simply put it this way, you end up as milking cow.

I would marry only if somehow I could make premarriage contract in which she agrees she has no rights after the divorce to ***** for half of my fortune, if that is actually possible.

If that's not possible, oh well, you STILL CAN have KIDS, even if you are NOT MARRIED.

**** it, I need adrenaline, I got addicted to it. Rock n Roll is my way of life and I won't put up with this slavery ****.

I wonder how come MEN can't ***** for half of HER fortune ?

nkh78h

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not married, but here's my take on it:

Pros

Free sex almost all the time
You almost always have company
Family time
Insurance

Cons

You're stuck with the same woman (save for open marriages)
Less free time
Higher costs