What's The Deal With Star Tattoos?

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've heard conflicting things about girls with stars tattooed on their bodies. That they're lesbos, bi, into 3somes.

Does anyone have any light to shed on this bullshyt? I met a chick today with a star tattoo on her inner wrist and it reminded me of these theories, so I'd thought I'd run it by you dudes.

Thanks.

Sneevox

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
VladPatton said:
I've heard conflicting things about girls with stars tattooed on their bodies. That they're lesbos, bi, into 3somes.

Does anyone have any light to shed on this bullshyt? I met a chick today with a star tattoo on her inner wrist and it reminded me of these theories, so I'd thought I'd run it by you dudes.

Thanks.
Dunno. I've been seeing everyone lately getting a dumb nautical star tattoo.

It is what it is, though.

To me, it just means that she's a girl who wanted a star tattoo.

NobodyCares1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I know two girls with star tatoos, one might be a bit into the bi thing but not too much and I doubt that the other is into that stuff. I don't really think you can say something like this just by looking at a tatoo. It's just a tatoo after all, all you can say for certain is that that girl wanted a star tatoo and not much more.

SamTheHobit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol stupid tattoos are a big trend in South Africa.. Every other person has a stupid ****!ng tattoo.

Can nobody think for themselves?? I weep for humanity.

pdx1138

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I avoid women if they have more than 2 small tattoos.

Graffiti on a temple.

Dominance

Don Juan
Reaction score
It may have meant something initially. But now it just seems to be 'the thing' to get and everyone is doing it. So whatever meaning there is has been lost.

Apparently tramp stamps are a good sign they are pretty sexual. But i'm not sure, don't see as many of them now.

d!ckmojo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
SamTheHobit said:
Lol stupid tattoos are a big trend in South Africa.. Every other person has a stupid ****!ng tattoo.

Can nobody think for themselves?? I weep for humanity.
This Sam Hobbitt has a typical loser attitude. Tattoos are essentially a hard-core adornment. Traditionally belonging to Mafia gangtars, Russian mobsters, Japanese Yakuza, Bikies, Sailors, etc, they denote bad-boy "I don't give a f*ck status" better than any other single accessory or trait.

I personally think tattoos lend archetypal power to wearers adorned by them. Millennia old ice men mummies are discovered with tattoos placed strategically over the top of acupuncture points on their bodies. If you were gonna weep for humanity, Sam Hobbit, maybe you should have done that 12,000 years ago when our ancestors were busy adorning themselves with kick-ass tattoos.

EastWind

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
pdx1138 said:
I avoid women if they have more than 2 small tattoos.

Graffiti on a temple.
This. A girl who has something permanently drawn on her skin out of some random "I'll have people look at me" spur advertises that she does not think two meters ahead.

Dominance

Don Juan
Reaction score
This Sam Hobbitt has a typical loser attitude. Tattoos are essentially a hard-core adornment. Traditionally belonging to Mafia gangtars, Russian mobsters, Japanese Yakuza, Bikies, Sailors, etc, they denote bad-boy "I don't give a f*ck status" better than any other single accessory or trait.

I personally think tattoos lend archetypal power to wearers adorned by them. Millennia old ice men mummies are discovered with tattoos placed strategically over the top of acupuncture points on their bodies. If you were gonna weep for humanity, Sam Hobbit, maybe you should have done that 12,000 years ago when our ancestors were busy adorning themselves with kick-ass tattoos.
Your joking right? He has a loser attitude because of his observation that is by the way true?. I don't think so. If you changed that to WERE essentially a hard-core adornment you would be more correct.

Your whole post reminds me of these guys who get all these tats thinking it makes them look or seem tough when it does nothing of the sort. Getting a tattoo to show "your a badboy" isn't going to work except on young, impressionable people.

There is this guy who has started going out to clubs in my town, the first time I saw him he was dressed in all black with a biker mask thing they wear to keep themselves warm when riding in the club trying to be tough, he was telling all kinds of bull**** stories. Another week he was dressed all in camoflage saying he is in the army. Another week he was walking around in the cold in a singlet showing off his new tattoo on his arm.

Doesn't make him a badboy. I actually felt sorry for him because I feel somebody will have a go at him and he won't be able to do much about it.

Tatts only look badass when the person is already badass, with people getting them to seem 'cool' and such them showing somebody 'doesn't give a ****' does not apply at all. The reason they look intimidating on mob or yakuza guys is because the guys are already intimidating.

And I tend to avoid girls with alot of tattoos myself now, especially in certain places where i've learnt it shows they are a bit 'low brow'.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My ex-wife wanted to put star tattoos on each side of her ass. She tried to verify it by saying "they're going to symbolize blah blah blah." I told her flat out "I don't want to see stars on your ass!"

I seem to have successfully steered my artsy gf clear of tattoos by comparing her body to a piece of art, and a tattoo to a vandal's spray paint.

RedScorpion

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
d!ckmojo said:
Yeah. But if you're bad ass, you will have tattoos. Look at MMA guys. http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/372987/21-of-the-best-tattoos-in-MMA/
Conversely, you will see bad ass people without tattoos. Example, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bruce Lee. Tattoos are just another way of representing yourself.

I would advise getting a tattoo if it represents something to you, and something you can stand looking at for the rest of your life (as even laser removal doesn't entire return it to normal). Get a good tattoo artist with a reputable name, as there are junky artists (with the art ranging from meh to bleh), and you're stuck with it. Shell out the money for a good one.

Tattoos should not be done to make you look 'cooler', imo. There are much easier, cheaper, and less permanent ways of doing it.

yuppaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stars and swans (or other birds) on the wrist mean the girl likes vagina (in my experience). It's their secret code to tell each other they lick the ****

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A girl with a star tattoo, or any tattoo that is obviously visible is just a hipster or the "Look at me daddy, I'm rebelling!" type. Generally good to fvck, but not date.

-Scars