What's the best text to send after you get a number to set up the date ?

Thechamp

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

Willard

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's meet for a drink, when are you free? The response is usually 1 to 5 open days, then you pick one and say ok great we'll meet this day

amazingswayze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Something else that works is saying, "Can you talk right now?" Just tried it last night with a girl from my class. She replied, "As in a vocal conversation?" Then I just called her and made plans for tomorrow night. I've been rejected quite a few times by asking for a date via text. This was the first time I called. And it worked. Just call.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
You have to just start a casual conversation. This notion that texting is only to set up dates is largely BS IMO. Girls nowadays want to get to know you through lots of texting. Getting 100 texts in 1 day is not that uncommon before the first date. It's only after you start dating casually that you try to minimize contact.

Once she replies and you get going, then you can say "What is your schedule like this week?" and then "I'll be going to (such and such) at (exact date and time, possibly with 2 days as an option) if you'd like to meet me for drink/dinner". For the love of God don't do coffee dates. Those were for lesbians in the 1990's. Coffee date 2015 = unemployed cheapskate trying to get laid for under $20.

Yewki

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bigneil said:
Getting 100 texts in 1 day is not that uncommon before the first date. It's only after you start dating casually that you try to minimize contact.
... is this real life?

pyros

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Coffe dates are perfectly fine. If you dont know the girl cause you got her number in a 5 min conversation, it is ok.

I would meet her in the evening (not too early, not too late) and have a drink instead of coffee to set the right mood, though.

If you meet her at 16:00h for a coffee it could be a bit too "lets just be friends", but if she likes you it doesnt matter.

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just suggest a date idea, and give her two calendar dates to choose from. If both those dates are bad for her but she still likes you, she will counter-offer with a different set of dates.

weaponx

Banned
Reaction score
Thechamp said:
You don't text her. You call her with plans and set a date. Don't speak too long. 15 minutes tops and leave the conversation first.

If you got her number online first text her another pic of you that looks great not on your profile. Have her send you one of her for your phone NOT one off her profile. A different one. (To make sure she is real, not using OLD pictures online etc.)

Then tell her in text I'm going to call you now. (You want to hear her voice). Talk 15 minutes TOPS. Have a PLAN and a PLACE to meet.

That's it.

Because the difference is a passive text with no voice attached and a MAN with a PLAN she hears in "3D" calling her and going for what he WANTS. She hears his voice and if she likes it it gets her more interested than just asking her by text.

Just DO NOT get caught up in long phone conversations no matter how much she tries to make you stay on the phone or how good the conversation appears to be going, laughing etc. as anything you may say these chicks run with and take it to outer space without saying anything then flake etc. 15 minutes TOPS and you exit first. No "interviewing" over the phone, no giving out too much details even IF she spills her guts to you or your mystery has been solved. Movie over. She's satisfied and wants the next man with a plan to meet who doesn't fall for it and remains mysterious and enticing. The call should be quick chit chat with a plan to meet and a place. The rest comes at the actual meet / date. You've been warned.

Peña

Banned
Reaction score
bigneil said:
You have to just start a casual conversation. This notion that texting is only to set up dates is largely BS IMO. Girls nowadays want to get to know you through lots of texting. Getting 100 texts in 1 day is not that uncommon before the first date. It's only after you start dating casually that you try to minimize contact.
No reason to be texting a bunch of chicks from online all day.

bigneil said:
Once she replies and you get going, then you can say "What is your schedule like this week?" and then "I'll be going to (such and such) at (exact date and time, possibly with 2 days as an option) if you'd like to meet me for drink/dinner". For the love of God don't do coffee dates. Those were for lesbians in the 1990's. Coffee date 2015 = unemployed cheapskate trying to get laid for under $20.

Has nothing to do with being a cheapskate. It is stupid to spend $183 for a 1st date on an online woman you never even met. The purpose of the date is not about how much money you spend. It is about if the woman is attracted to you. She will fvck you only if she is attracted. That will happen no matter if you spend $20 or $200. Spending more than you have to is dumb. You will have the same results anyway.

Teac-her

Reaction score
You call and talk to her for 2-3 minutes max then tell her you'd like to see her and ask her when she's free. She'll tell you a day and you set up time and location.

raider87

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thechamp said:
Tried that one before lol not good results
Few years ago I went through my gf's phone, guy said "wanna f#ck" and it worked for him lol. What a hoe. I sent a txt to all her contacts saying "f#ck I had a big c*ck last night" :D

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MR.LPC said:
Something else that works is saying, "Can you talk right now?" Just tried it last night with a girl from my class. She replied, "As in a vocal conversation?" Then I just called her and made plans for tomorrow night. I've been rejected quite a few times by asking for a date via text. This was the first time I called. And it worked. Just call.
Yep... just call. I wouldn't even text her to ask to call I would just call. But there is nothing wrong with a text asking if she is free to talk. Just don't get in the habit of asking permission.

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
You got lucky, the problem with "can you talk right now?" is you are asking for permission. What if she responded "No, but I can talk in 2 hours." Then you reply "sorry, I'm at work in 2 hours, can you talk at 9 pm." "I'm at my sisters house at 9 pm, how about we talk tomorrow in class at 10 am." "OK, see you tomorrow in class." "have a good night." "You too." So you got about 10 texts going back and forth and nothing has been accomplished.

Just calling also is risky, because if she doesn't pick up the phone you leave a voicemail, then you have to wait for the whole night on the off chance she receives the message and decides to call you back, and then if she misses you you wasted the opportunity.

I would just text, then she can answer whenever she wants, after sleeping with her boyfriend or daydreaming about you, and you are not waiting by the phone all the time. :woo:

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
I've had 2 girls who texted 100 times in 1 day early in the relationship. I never double texted, but answered questions. I had sex with both of them afterward. One I moved in with. I don't recommend that much texting, but in my case I was out of state at the time.

Peña said:
She will fvck you only if she is attracted. That will happen no matter if you spend $20 or $200. Spending more than you have to is dumb. You will have the same results anyway.
I didn't make up the average date statistics, I only reported them. Sorry if that hurts you but keep looking and you'll eventually find employment. Just know that you are below average when it comes to being a generous man.

Peña said:
It's stupid to spend $183 on an online woman you never even met.
Why on Earth would you go on a date with a woman you never met? Talk about desperate. Online dating went out of style circa 2005.

Working Example:

Meeting 1) Met gorgeous waitress (age 26) walking by and was so struck by her I stopped her and asked her name.
Meeting 2) The next time she came up to me and said "How do I know you?" She told me her birthday.
Meeting 3) I remembered her birthday and she was impressed. She asked where I was from and seemed really interested.
Meeting 4) (I was on a date but she smiled). I called her over and asked how many tattoos she had and she said one and she pulled up her shirt to show us.
Meeting 5) I asked "Are you single?" she answered yes. "Write your number down." She did. She introduced a friend and told her how smart I am. She then talked to me for a bit but I got out of there ASAP.

Text 1) Day after we met. I just said hello. No reply.
Text 2) That night I sent her a picture of my pet because she said she loves animals. She replied immediately and included a picture of her cats.
Text 3-5) Told her about a girl from her work she has asked about. That girl had gone missing but happened to text to me after 2 months by coincidence.

Meeting 6) I went to meet the second girl at a bar (her 21st birthday party) and ran into the waitress. I tried to avoid her but she came running over and put her cheek out for me to kiss. Then the birthday girl was all over me so I got out of there quick.

Text 6) I told her I had 2 tickets to a concert this weekend. I was going either way and had already paid for them. She said she had to work that night but would try to find someone to cover.
Text 8) (Next day) I offered to tip her friend if she covered for her and she said "Ok! I'll go!"

The tickets cost me 3 hours pay. All told, I will spend 5 hours pay on this date. I'm going to work 5 hours today (they pay OT at my work) to cover it. Concert is tomorrow. She will be one of my prettiest dates ever, and 19 years my junior.

Peña

Banned
Reaction score
bigneil said:
I didn't make up the average date statistics, I only reported them. Sorry if that hurts you but keep looking and you'll eventually find employment. Just know that you are below average when it comes to being a generous man.

"Generous men" are beta buckers who need to be generous with their money or women will not have any interest. You have to spend a lot of money on women to get them interested giving them hundreds of dollars for their phone numbers and dates buying their time. Nothing is more beta and AFC than that. Having a good job with money does not require you to spend tons of money on women when you do not need to. Do not ever lose your job, because you will never get any more women without your beta bucks.

bigneil said:
Why on Earth would you go on a date with a woman you never met? Talk about desperate. Online dating went out of style circa 2005.
Really. That is is why tinder and dating sites are still popular for many people that use them.