• Beat

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Groove

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

ian1988

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just kinda sunk in my head i kinda need an alias... So ive narrowed it down to 3...

Just a bit of background info as to why I choose the names.. I am a drummer, I sing, play a little guitar and love to dance... and I love music in general with a passion.

So getting connotations with being a drummer.. it was between.. Groove, Pulse or Beat..

I would have liked Rhythm.. but that got taken :(

So VOTE AWAY PEOPLE!

Soyoushave

Don Juan
Reaction score
why do you want an alias?
because Mystery has one?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but being a DJ is about being your (best) self.
Showing who YOU are, without hiding behind things.
An alias is the opposite. It shows that you're hiding behind something. It sounds very 'batman/spiderman/superman' like. Finding a cool name to fit your personality.

I'd just go with your normal name;)

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, whenever I meet a girl in a bar, I say "Hey, my name's [insert name here], but my friends usually call me Obsidian." It really gets the convo going.

Mental

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ian1988 said:
Just kinda sunk in my head i kinda need an alias... So ive narrowed it down to 3...

Just a bit of background info as to why I choose the names.. I am a drummer, I sing, play a little guitar and love to dance... and I love music in general with a passion.

So getting connotations with being a drummer.. it was between.. Groove, Pulse or Beat..

I would have liked Rhythm.. but that got taken :(

So VOTE AWAY PEOPLE!
I think you might look at a "nickname" more than an avatar, which, I suppose some might argue, is sort of the same thing.

Here are a few I've had since early high school until now.

Draco

Draco, of course, refering to the constellation, and the idea that I looked a bit more like a vampire back then. (I have a natural widow's peak)

Yard Boy

One of my friends and I were playing a computer game, and I showed him an easter egg where you swear at the announcer and he gets pissed off, and makes fun of you, takes away points, etc. This time, the announcer changed my name to "yard Boy." My buddy thought it was hilarious, and started calling me "Yard Boy"

and now some close friends call me "Mental" though I don't introduce myself to the ladies as such.

"Mental" is because I specialize in a branch of illusion that deals with reading minds; I also have a character that I perform (an "amazing Johnathan" type of lunatic), so all my performer friends call me "mental."

I don't use it to go out with the ladies.

I think most nicknames sound goofy if you force them on people. I tried going for "Ace" once, but absolutely no one wanted to call me that (actually, my aunt came up with it; I liked it at the time, so I tried spreading it around, and it didn't work). I think it has to grow somewhat independantly of the person who the name is for.

Only time you might need an avatar is when you're performing, writing, etc and don't want your real name known.

That being said, I think there are pros and cons to all of the nicknames you've chosen:

Beat sounds cool, but then it sounds like the vegetable, or it can sound like you're violent... or that you're always, as the British say, "having a pull."

Groove sounds a little cornball to me, personally. Plus, I think it tend to be a common "avatar" name for DJ's, etc. Actually, I've met 2 or 3 guys who try referring to themselves as "DJ Groove."

Pulse is ok, but still, I'm not a huge fan of it. I suppose I can take it or leave it.

Someone Much cooler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
lol unless you have something to hide....like you slingin and you don't want the cops to know who you are, then whats the point of an alias? I actaully think is kinda lame.

B4IFURU18?

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow this post is ridiculous...and the thought of using an alias is as lame as anything I've ever encountered here.

Telos

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, whenever I meet a girl in a bar, I say "Hey, my name's [insert name here], but my friends usually call me Obsidian." It really gets the convo going.
I hope to god this was sarcasm.

Suicide

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, if you ever introduce yourself to a woman with one of those names, the only thing they're going to be calling you is Dork.

Stuntmann

Banned
Reaction score
Choose wiser. In 6 months time disco might go out of style.

Rebound Material

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
since youre a drummer how about...

- drum stick?
- beat stick?