What to do with ex-GF?

DoubleC

Don Juan
Reaction score
What's up everyone, been reading for a while now but decided to finally post. Here's the background with this girl:

We're both in the same grade, we had been going out for almost 1.5 years now. Over the past month, she started becoming slightly flakey, and we stopped talking/hanging out as much. I attributed most of this to graduation and stuff, but things didn't change. A week or so after graduation, we decided to cut off the relationship, but continue to hook up and remain friends (I know, bad idea). She said that making out is ok, but anything past that would make things awkward, and I agreed, for the time being.

A week went by, we didn't really talk or hang out much, as I was busy with other friends and didn't have time for her. We hung out one night, she was on her period but she gave me head, and after we hung out it came up that she had made out with a guy at a party the night before. (I had some mutual friends at the party, which was small, and I know for a fact it was just a makeout.) This annoyed me, but not so much that I cut off all talking to her. For the next week, we rarely talked and didn't hang out at all. I hooked up with another chick, and then her best friends, who basically sided with me on the issues of the relationship, called me to tell me some news, and that was at another party, her and another guy ended up fvcking, no condom.

Now I obviously never want to talk to her again, but she thinks I don't know and she's still talking to me like nothing happened. I was wondering what the best way to approach the situation would be. For now, I have been playing ignorant when she texts, acting like everything is normal, and I was gonna wait to confront her about it until the next time we "hung out," where I would have brought it up right away.

What would be the best approach? Play along until I get the chance to see her face to face, or just confront her about it over the phone and end things there? Also, her best friends still said they want to be friends with me even after I cut off everything with my ex. They've been awesome to me the whole time, and have basically stopped hanging out with my ex-gf because they're "embarrassed by her."

Sorry for the long first post, but I was wondering what the best thing to do is in this situation, and I figured you guys here would have some good ideas.

SnowBlind77

Banned
Reaction score
i know its probably hard to say goodbye to someone after youve been with them for so long, but this girl is just stringing you along man.....if shes banging other dudes......forget her. Find a new, and better girl. you dont need to make yourself all upset over a girl that isnt even your girlfriend. just tell her you know about it, and just tell her its time you got some space to yourself. make yourself happy, chill with friends, get drunk, and chase other girls around, you dont need that ****.

DoubleC

Don Juan
Reaction score
No, saying goodbye to her isn't the hard part...I'm just wondering how I should go about doing it. Whether to just be like "I don't think I wanna talk to you anymore," to just ignoring her calls, to confronting her about her ****ing another guy. I'm probably going to confront her about it, just because I feel like that would bring the most closure to the situation.

ObieJuan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just make it a gradual thing- when she calls just make less contact by talking to her but with closed-end conversation. Short answers, straight to the point..kinda like she's one of the guys. Don't bother confronting her...if anything just tell her about all these great girls you've met...at this point it doesn't really matter how you go about ending things. Do whatever feels good to you. Girls are great at dropping hints but she probably won't take a hint so you might want to consider straight up telling her you aren't interested in talking to her any more.

Tomatoes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ignore her......Completely. Until you see her in the flesh. Then just tell her straight that you dont want anything to do with her anymore.....DONT SAY WHY. Just say you think its for the best or some **** like that.

Leave it at that.

Sorry for your loss mate.

Plenty more girls

Sarge On!

DoubleC

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like a good plan, but I'm just wondering...is there any reason why I should not tell her that I know she had sex with the other guy? Word has been spreading about it happening, so it's not like it's just her best friends that ratted her out. I kind of want to go over her house with a "gift," pull out a condom, and tell her "use this next time you fvck _______," and then walk out.

vorbis

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ignoring her would be the best option. Why is the fact she ****ed someone else bothering you so much? Didn't you say that you ****ed another chick as well??

Man Of Adventure

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
start makin out with her best friend right in front of her. Thatll give her the picture. :whistle:

DoubleC

Don Juan
Reaction score
vorbis said:
ignoring her would be the best option. Why is the fact she ****ed someone else bothering you so much? Didn't you say that you ****ed another chick as well??
No, I just made out with another chick...she was the one who talked about us still hooking up, and that she wouldn't do anything other than make out with another guy.

Reaction score
Kill The Hor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omgwtfm8

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been in this situation before.. me and my ex were still talking after the break up.. then our feelings were going up and up and we were still hanging out un-officially. Well it took 2 months and we're back together. Now i'm just now starting to here about how she hooked up with other people during our 2 month break and it's bothering me.

Boyfriend/Girlfriend, whatever dude! You're still in a relationship with her no matter what. And you didn't call it off. All you guys are in is a relationship where you both carry the license to cheat and it's just going to send you both into an emotional rollercoaster.

Avoid this @ all costs.

Why did you break up in the first place and who broke up with who?

DoubleC

Don Juan
Reaction score
I broke up with her because she started becoming very flaky and didn't pay enough attention to me...but I figured I could still hook up with her, at least until I found another girl. I'm definitely cutting off all contact with her, but I wanna meet her face to face to do it. Just have to wait for a chance where we're both free.

omgwtfm8

Don Juan
Reaction score
DoubleC said:
I broke up with her because she started becoming very flaky and didn't pay enough attention to me...but I figured I could still hook up with her, at least until I found another girl. I'm definitely cutting off all contact with her, but I wanna meet her face to face to do it. Just have to wait for a chance where we're both free.
Tell her this, "We need to talk". She'll wonder and worry and ask why. Tell her we need to talk in person, set up a meet and dump her. Tell her why you can't see her anymore. Tell her there's someone else and it's time for you to completely move on and it would be best if there's no contact between each other for a while.

Believe me, the worst thing you can do is have your ex-gf on your nuts still when you are trying to pimp your game for your next relationship.

I tried hanging on to my ex while talking to a new chick. Eventually my ex found out, called up the new chick and b!tched her out.. Well that blew off my chances with the new chick.

DoubleC

Don Juan
Reaction score
omgwtfm8 said:
Tell her this, "We need to talk". She'll wonder and worry and ask why. Tell her we need to talk in person, set up a meet and dump her. Tell her why you can't see her anymore. Tell her there's someone else and it's time for you to completely move on and it would be best if there's no contact between each other for a while.

Believe me, the worst thing you can do is have your ex-gf on your nuts still when you are trying to pimp your game for your next relationship.

I tried hanging on to my ex while talking to a new chick. Eventually my ex found out, called up the new chick and b!tched her out.. Well that blew off my chances with the new chick.
Sounds like a good plan, thanks for all the help.

MacDiddy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I broke up with her because she started becoming very flaky and didn't pay enough attention to me...
You became boring.... Nothing wrong with her... You just couldn't give her what she wanted and that "other" guy could and got rewarded in spades!!!!

She's not gonna care much if you ignore or get angry at her... theres nothing at stake here for her... losing you wouldn't be worth a great deal and thats the hard truth...

You better off just forgetting you every meet this $lut and find some other chick....

radronOmega

Don Juan
Reaction score
dude ur a DJ. She is simply being a female version of that. When we hook up with multiple girlfriends it's a lot worse. You two are already broken up, just enjoy the fact that you have a FWB. I'd still be friends with her; she could introduce me to some hawt friend in the future.

Deadly_Assassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First of all, she had you wrapped around her little finger. She said she just wanted to be friends but making out was ok, and you agreed. She strung you along, probably because you were her back up and/or she enjoyed your attention.

My advice to you is act like it does not bother you that she slept with another guy. I mean not even a little. Your job now is to find other chicks and move on. Cut off contact with her, don't go tell her that you don't want anything to do with her - this will show her that you are upset cos of what happened. You show her that you are upset, it will only help boost her ego and will make her have more control over you.

Just completly stop replying to her texts, if she calls act as if your busy with someone else and that its nothing personal. If she sees you at a party and wants to make out, tell her to fvck off - making out with her will only boost her ego. If you want to make out with her, take her somewhere more private and bang her brains out. If she does not agree to your terms, don't give her the time and attention. And next time take charge of the situation.