What To Do Next?

lloyd_bank$

Don Juan
Reaction score
There is a girl I really get on with, she's really flirtatious with me. I've known her quite a while, could never really tell if she liked me or not, so I decided it was time to make a move. One night I saw her in a club, I was gonna make a move - then found out she has a new boyfriend.

This was around 6 weeks ago - she admits this is a long time for her to still be with a boyfriend (she's only young - 17).
I recently found out through the girl's best friend, that she actually does like me but, she has a boyfriend! Also, I met another friend of theirs who seemed to like me a while back. I wasn't really interested in her. After this though, when I was really drunk, I asked the girl's best friend if I could have the other friend's number. She said she wouldn't do that to the (original) girl because she would kill her, cos she likes me!! This seems strange. If she has a boyfriend, she must really like me if it would bother her seeing me with someone else!!

Anyway, what should my course of action be now? Should I just be patient, and wait for the relationship to end? (which it will do eventually) But then I could just be waiting for a long time. I really like this girl, and not many girls ever seem to like me. So it would seem a waste for me to just NEXT, or forget about her.

NRM

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quit being so stupid.

If she liked you MORE than she liked her boyfriend, she wouldn't be with him RIGHT NOW. If she liked you so much, why would she ever choose him over you?

If she really likes you, then you should just ask her on a date, and then go in for the kiss and see what happens from there. Ignore the boyfriend. If she agrees to go out on a date, then she must not care about her boyfriend much, but I think she'll have the common sense to turn you down. A girl doesn't turn down guys she's interested in. So just go through the normal routine and find out for yourself.

jakeyboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If she liked you MORE than she liked her boyfriend, she wouldn't be with him RIGHT NOW. If she liked you so much, why would she ever choose him over you?
yep. well said.

lloyd_bank$

Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe it was never a case of her choosing him over me. Maybe he just made a move first!! And fair play to him.

Also, I think her being so young, means that she will just go out with someone, for the sake of having a boyfriend. Her best friend is the same!!

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by NRM
Quit being so stupid.

He never said he made a move. I think it's more that she settled for this other guy, who she also likes.

If you aren't afraid of starting a possible conflict with this guy, then make a move.

NRM

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, because of all the false assumptions,

"Asked her friend for other girl's number, she said this, she said that."

The only move that I think you COULD MAKE is A MOVE. Truth is, you cannot assume she likes you.

The way you are acting about the situation just seems silly. You don't want to move on because you're afraid no other girl that will seem to like you. The only advice I really have is to MAKE THE MOVE, see what she does, judge from there. If she really likes you that much and she knows you have interest in her, she WILL LEAVE HIM.

But if she just dates for fun, watch out if she's just looking for the BBD.