What should every short guy know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

booga

Don Juan
Reaction score
this is tangentially related to pook's thread "what every skinny guy should know." i am a very short guy (5' 4") and ethnically look like a hun, which is what i suppose i am (a little asiatic, sometimes mistaken for hispanic). in the past 5 years i have peeled off 30 lbs fat & replaced with 30 lbs muscle (weight = 168 lbs). i lift like a maniac & box. i look very strong & i am.

this helped, but still i feel like my shortness is a big handicap, like i get automatically "disqualified" by women who would not disqualify me if i were tall.

i'd like to hear some tips specific to short guys. frivolousz (sp?) mentioned something about "having a large presence" but didn't mention specifics. (he is short too, but even he is taller than me).

so how about it? a thread for the short guys.

edited to add: i'll start. i have noticed something weird: big amazon women are attracted to me. it's not like i have a harem or anything, but it's happened too often to be coincidence. i think gigantic women are driven by the desire for normal size offspring (same reason tiny women like really tall men). i guess i have the same instincts b/c i have a fetish for amazon women. too bad there aren't very many of them.

so there's tip #1. it's counter-intuitive, but you should go for the 6' blonde viking chick who looks like she could break you in half :)

kiz

Don Juan
Reaction score
just accept your height. theres nothing you can do about it. i wouldn't workout to try and compensate for missing height. i'd work out to stay healthy and have a good body though.

Spirit Fingers

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 5'6''. It's so weird when I tell people that. Like, people who I've known for months. They're like what the ****?!?! No you're not!!!

There's a few reasons for this. First, if you project a strong image, people will notice that and not take in the fact that you're short until later. Woodhaven, while taller than me, is also fairly short, but he sucks you into his reality so much that's all you notice. You only say a guy is short if he is unremarkable in all other aspects.

Secondly, I'm fairly muscular (160 lbs, very little fat). This gives the impression that I am big, which is more important than being tall.

Third, I use some tricks to make me seem taller. I usually wear boots, which adds a few inches to my height, and I spike my hair, which adds a few more inches. So, I give the impression of being around 5'9'', which is plenty tall enough to attract any woman.

-Dan

PoloBlue

Don Juan
Reaction score
you should go for the shorter women or asian women, Im only 5 ft 7" and the women Im attracted to are usually under 5 ft 5

Vibe

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 5'6" and realize that women say "I like tall guys" but they really just like a guy who can project an aura of protection. They want to feel like they are getting a man and I guess since a lot of guys are AFC by nature, the tall guys can get away with it more because they are physically alpha.

If you exist as a tall guy in your mind, project an essence of confidence and strength, people won't notice your height so much.

Oh, and I think the Amazonian women are attracted to short guys because, since most guys are shorter than they are, it's not so much of an issue. It's difficult to find a guy who is taller than they are so they've subconsciously learned not to concern themselves with it.

~Vibe~

Last edited:

Mischka

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ignore comments about your height. NEVER make it obvious to anyone that you care about your height. Don't make jokes like "I am small, but I don't care", this is over-compensating.

Nice women (and good men, friends) never make a comment about anything you cannot change.

Wee

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ask a girl if she likes short or tall guys. If she says tall guys, ask why. Usually she will respond with something like "they make me feel safe, etc. etc.". Bingooooo. It isn't the height that she likes, it is the feeling the man with height gives her. If you can make her feel that way at 5'1, you are still in.

mungro

Don Juan
Reaction score
keep in mind how many tall dorks there are out there. also, how many times have you seen a guy easily 6 foot or 6'3" who slouched with no self esteem... a girl *might* be attracted to that tall glass of water... but usually not.

just some observations

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.