What is going on? It feels like I'm numb to the world and women...

otr4

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I broke up over two weeks ago with a girl I had been seeing for almost 4 months.
This girl was a total hoe/slut/psycho...just all around not a girl I should have been hanging out with, especially on an consistent intimate level. She was pretty much a f*** buddy, but we had become closer over time.
When we were talking and deciding not to see eachother anymore, she mentioned "hey, if you ever want to have sex, just call me..." This is one of the last things she said to me and exemplifies the kind of girl she is.
Anyway, It's been almost three weeks now since I've seen or spoken to this girl. I KNOW my life is better without her, but she is constantly on my mind and thoughts of her having sex with other guys makes me SICK SICK SICK!!
This girl was truley a TERRIBLE girl to date--I could go on and on about how much of a screwed up hoe she was, but for some reason I can't erase her from my mind and in a sick way miss her at times.
I've recently been dating a new girl. She is cute and nice and really likes me and has many of the traits I SHOULD like in a girl...certainly girlfriend material, but I AM FEELING NOTHING FOR HER, AT ALL!! I don't know what is wrong. She has called me three times over the past week and I have not called her back and have no desire to do so. It's like I have no attraction to her, BUT THERE SHOULD BE ATTRACTION THERE...
It's not like I'm yearing for this last girl I stopped seeing and want her back or anything, but it seems like thoughts of my last girlfriend and the entire situation has made me completely NUMB to the world, particularly other women.
Can anyone relate or help me out of this funk?

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a very old cliche - but it's true... Time is the best healer...

a similar thing happened to me. Not with a phsyco, but with a girl that would not have worked out between us. I still think about her - and she still get's in the way of me having a close relationship with other women - potentially great women for me.

But you can't force it. It will take it's course and time. Just keep doing what your doing. I don't really believe you can speed these things up.

jbbrain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OTR-

I feel you dude. You have these lingering feelings. You're still attached. Nobody said it was easy.

What WILL help you in the long run is knowing how bad of a match you were. It's one thing breaking up when you still TRULY love and respect a girl, and another thing altogether when you just KNOW she wasn't worth your time.

I have faith in you. You'll get over it.

More importantly, do u have faith in yourself?

What I sense is evident in your posts dude (and I've taken note on a lot of them) is that you're a bit of a masochist. Meaning, you seem to be a bit of a drama "queen" (king:) ) and you dont take the necessary steps, at the necessary times to do something you know is best for you. We've all been with you in your last ordeal with slut A (there'll be others), but it always seemed to me, that YOU weren't always there.

Give yourself time to grieve/get over it. But most importantly, take the right and necessary action on YOUR part to get over her. Put YOURSELF in a position of power and personal control to get over her. Do whatver it takes. But for you own peace of mind (if it really means a lot to you..I know it does for me)...

JUST DO IT.

Caveman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not sure but this could be your selfdefence system kicking in.

I don't know why you two broke up and even though you know this girls wasn't right for you, maybe somehow the break up hurt you. Therefor you now feel numb. If you don't have any feelings for any girl, you won't get hurt again. That's your selfdefence.

If this is the case (you are probably the one to judge that), you need to give yourself a little time. your feelings might come back soon or they might be gone a little longer but eventually they will come back.