• Wii

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Other (Please mention below)

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

CCKazi007

Banned
Reaction score
Well my PC died and I really like gaming with my friends online and at my house so I was wondering what kind of game platform and console I should buy!

Scrumtulescence

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Xbox360 is probably your best bet as a PC gaming rig replacement. I haven't been following this console generation nearly as much as the last one (xbox/ps2/gc), but it looks like the 360 may be the best all-around system, including "pc ports".

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ps3 will have blue ray technology, making gameplay possibilities even more advanced. The blue ray (smaller surface area of the ray) allows for more information to be stored on the disc, increasing the amount of stuff they can cram into a single game. Plus, with it being released post 360, the Sony staff has the ability to "One Up" the competition, since they know what they're up against.

Scrumtulescence

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Skilla_Staz said:
Ps3 will have blue ray technology, making gameplay possibilities even more advanced. The blue ray (smaller surface area of the ray) allows for more information to be stored on the disc, increasing the amount of stuff they can cram into a single game.
Storage space does not determine anything about the gameplay, just how many discs the game spans (which usually only matters with games that have tons of FMV). Dual-layered dvds hold plenty of space.

Plus, with it being released post 360, the Sony staff has the ability to "One Up" the competition, since they know what they're up against.
Developers generally seem to think the two systems will be about equal, with the PS3 of course having a bit of a lead. After a while it will probably even out as developers master the systems. Besides, while the PS3 may be a bit more powerful, developers will aways have a full year's worth more experience with the 360, and developer talent/knowledge of a system is usually more important than the system's specs.

As if that really matters....the Xbox was more powerful than the PS2 and came out a year or so later, and the PS2 still had a more impressive lineup by the end.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pick the system that has the games you play. New technologies like blue-ray are nice to haves but how many publishers are going to completely use it capabilities? Also, business wise it would be more cost effective to publish on hardware that everyone has (don't want to alienate PS2 owners).

Not to forget the vast amount of titles that Sony has already but do you want to buy the older games. Microsoft is doing something that is pretty cool which is releasing their development kit so that anyone can design XBOX games.

None the less, it comes down to who has the games that you want to play. You could always buy multiple platforms....

bbestar

Banned
Reaction score
First of all it was nice to put all your music in the box and play it through your speakers.

But the thing that bothered me was you couldn't keep your 360 on for two days straight, without slowing the whole system down. It made the menu and dvd movies slow with long delays in sound.

And none of the games at that time suited my interest, such as FFVII, tactics, sonic, mario type, i wanted to play ghost recon, but never able to rent it. For a solid 2 months all it did was a dvd player and a music player.

I had 4 more months to keep it but I decided I wanted to put more time into becoming the number one ATP Tour Tennis player in the world. Don't worry Mr. Unique Now that I have millions of dollars i'll get ps3's,wii's,360's. :)

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BTW, they make external cooling systems for XBOX to combat any heat issues.

Reaction score
the Wii was orginally named the revolution for a reason

this game system is gonna be sick read the reviews online almost everyone is freaking out about this system

now i have to admit the 360 and PS3 will be better for sports games and fighters if Nintendo doesnt follow through with thier plan to make the system compatiable w/ the GC controller or make one for sports and fighters (they gonna do this even if just for Smash Bros 3)

read up on it

and rember the DS totally was looked over because of PSP but if u look at it the DS is now the more popular system and all of its games are fun and addictive in their own way (my little bro bought the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game 4 it and its AWESOME)

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nintendo 64 cause it has golden eye + 4 people to play + drinking = intese shoot em up action.

Create Reality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
oakraiderz2 said:
Nintendo 64 cause it has golden eye + 4 people to play + drinking = intese shoot em up action.
Welcome to 1999 *highfive*

Reaction score
OMG I LOVED N64 that console had great games like Zelda, Perfect Dark, 007, Super Smach Brothers and Star Fox! and the controller was perfect. Too bad they stopped making games for those.
I think XBox 360 would be better cuz it's around 300 bucks compared to PS3 which is gonna be over 500 bucks. I heard Xbox live was pretty cool and lots of good new games are coming out like Halo 3, Metal Gear 4, Splinter Cell Double Agent, Tekken 6, Madden 07, Call of Duty 3, Gears of War, Resident Evil 5.

Capt.Jack Sparrow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PeterNorthisawesome said:
OMG I LOVED N64 that console had great games like Zelda, Perfect Dark, 007, Super Smach Brothers and Star Fox! and the controller was perfect. Too bad they stopped making games for those.
I think XBox 360 would be better cuz it's around 300 bucks compared to PS3 which is gonna be over 500 bucks. I heard Xbox live was pretty cool and lots of good new games are coming out like Halo 3, Metal Gear 4, Splinter Cell Double Agent, Tekken 6, Madden 07, Call of Duty 3, Gears of War, Resident Evil 5.

OOHHH METAL GEAR 4!
Im looking freakin forward to that game!

im a metal gear guru..
I can't get enough of it
Snake Eater was a pretty good game but I don't know why they made it after solid snake and sons of liberty

Mandiblard

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
PeterNorthisawesome said:
How can you say you loved the Nintendo 64 then look forward to the two systems that aren't Nintendo! Nintendo Wii is going to be awesome and its even CHEAPER! It's an actual new system unlike 360 and PS3 they are the same thing as before just with more expensive tech that will NEVER be used to its maximum!

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Wii is going to sell the most consoles due to its lower price and production success. PS3 is riddled with manufacturing problems, and even if the ones scheduled work there's going to be a fraction of the number of PS3s sold due to high costs. XBox360 didn't even make a dent in the Asian markets; it's going to be a distant 3rd in Japan. Therefore, 3rd party game developers can sell more copies of their games on the Wii, so they're are going to focus the most on the Wii.

The Wii doesn't have top of the line graphics, but if you want the best games, get a Wii.