What does this mean?

LostAndConfused

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh sorry, it was basically from a neg. I mean I know I don't neg as much as I should, but when I do neg usually its quality and I don't go too far with it any more. But on three different occasions I've got something like "try harder" or "you aren't trying hard enough". Its really weird.

:EDIT: I'll give an example. These two girls (I swear the are more than just "friends") were wearing similar outfits and I walked up, laughed and said "thats cute, did yall plan this?" then one of them said "try harder next time." Usually negs like that seem to work.

Last edited:

tucking fypo

Don Juan
Reaction score
lol wow ur username says it all , those girls are just not intersted in you and when they said "try harder" it meant something like "if ur trying to get me or make me laugh, try harder its not working". do u understand wat im saying?

LostAndConfused

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah man I get what you are saying.

But its a real weird way to say "try harder its not working." Like if I were the girls I'd have thousands of wittier/smarter ways of saying "its not working."

DonJuan11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Try Harder" means try harder. Don't give up, she wants you to put more effort into getting her.

Randallpink83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LostAndConfused said:
So does anyone know what "Try Harder" means in this context?
I think in that exact context as in "nice outfits, yall plan this" .. "try harder" was just her attempt at a comeback.
You can treat it as a sh!t test.

Sun

Reaction score
ask her what exactly you should try harder with? she means hitting on her ofc. "Doing a better job"

you can easily just ask her if she is so ****ing out of her mind that she thinks everybody's hitting on her constantly, and that she should be able to see the difference between a common interaction and a pickup thing.. you dig?

you're setting the frame that she's hoping to be picked up, but you're just after a common interacton and she should get more social skills.