What does the Red Pill mean to you?

Helmet

Reaction score
I'm new here. I've been reading post, and a lot of times someone talks about the 'Red Pill'. I tried searching what that is here, but I've found no answer. And so here I am, asking you guys: What is the Red Pill? What does it mean to you? And does it have any relation with the reddit /r/TheRedPill/?

Thank you guys for your help in advance :)

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Waking up from the psuedo culture that has been ingrained in us since birth and realizing the general truth about life

Jetleg

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
For me its about not being like everyone.

I've learnt that most people are usually wrong. Its a way of differentiating myself from others, learning the path of being more successful.

Red pill = better man = happier, successfull life

Teddy_Beer

Don Juan
Reaction score
To me, it's about seeing things and the world in general for what they REALLY are.

My whole life, I ve been taught the standard bull**** about how the nice guy gets the girl, wait for her and it'll be worth it, bla bla bla. For some reason This advice never sat well with me. I'm glad to see I was right.

And the Red Pill philosophy doesn't jusy apply to women, but in all aspects of life.

People are gonna call you cynical, pessimistic and all that jazz, but screw that!

I'm happier than I ve ever been.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What society and the media have portrayed male/female and relationship dynamics is a lie. Those who ignore the lie and follow their true nature will always come out on top. We have always heard "Nice guys finish last." and "It's a woman's prerogative to change her mind." We know this is true deep down, but society tells us that men who sacrifice themselves will get rewarded. Which of course is bullsh!t. That men and women are the same... which again is bullsh!t.

If you want to have happy and healthy relationships with women, then ignore what they say they want, and follow your gut. You genetic instincts will tell you what works, and it does.

Poon King

Banned
Reaction score
For me the Red pill has always meant living in REALITY and not getting fooled by emotional arguments.

Society in general appeals to emotion over facts. When a man learns to simply look at the FACTS and form his own conclusions based on those facts.. he becomes much harder to manipulate AND more likely to avoid "group think". The side affect is a more masculine personality and a stronger ability to lead others.. including women. In addition, he forms a real identity that is useful to your own goals rather than trying to "fit in" to pop culture.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Being newly single, I have begun to realize how much our culture feeds the blue pill.

MUSIC! I dare anyone to go listen to the radio, especially the hits or hip hop stations. Most songs are about love, or chasing a woman, or something of the sort... It is the topic of what I would guess to be about 70% of all music. Combine this with television and it gets even more ridiculous...

daddymonsterpoodle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To me, it is about power over your own life. It is about finally being comfortable with my masculine nature, especially my sexuality. It is about realising that there are other choices apart from one guy+one girl.

It is about realising how long men have been lied to. It is about realising how great men can be and how much men have done and are still doing.

It is about realising we are not homer simpson but being proud of our gender.

It is about seeing women as they really are, not princesses or delicate flowers, but pragmatic manipulators who need us far more than we need them.

It is about being a confident, sexual man and doing what you need to do.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Red Pill means seeing reality for what it is, and not being deluded by what others or society may tell you.
It's from the Matrix - Keanu Reeves could either take the blue pill and stay in the matrix, or take the red pill and wake up to reality. When the manosphere talks about the red pill, they are usually talking about rejecting the idea that women are special little princesses who will be loyal to you forever.

Some people think red pill means to see things from the PUA point of view, but I think that's just trading one form of brainwashing for another. I try to use my senses and logic to see reality as it really is, then act accordingly. I don't believe in letting someone else tell you what reality is and go by that. That's about as "beta" as it can get.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To me it's a framework and set of tools used to understand social Dynamics wherever they occur. actually the crap women get away with at work has reinforced my red pill beliefs far more than my love life.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Being newly single, I have begun to realize how much our culture feeds the blue pill.

MUSIC! I dare anyone to go listen to the radio, especially the hits or hip hop stations. Most songs are about love, or chasing a woman, or something of the sort... It is the topic of what I would guess to be about 70% of all music. Combine this with television and it gets even more ridiculous...
And the women are being programmed with "tear-down" songs, "break-up" songs, and he isn't good enough. Not like they are glamorizing loving and cherishing a man in music.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And the women are being programmed with "tear-down" songs, "break-up" songs, and he isn't good enough. Not like they are glamorizing loving and cherishing a man in music.
And it is soooo abundant too. Kind of sad actually... Been going straight Linkin Park and Eminem lately, that's good music for me right now...

wolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
To me it's that moment when I realised that by following what seemed right was actually me following the path set out for me by my relatives of past.
To ultimately join them on the bench reserved for the divorced with a jaded ex wife whom would only let me have weekend access to my children. A wife in tow who doesn't respect me and for my own children to grow up dysfunctional as I did.

The red pill offered me a way out of Hell but first I had to wake from the nightmare and be brave enough to not follow what felt right from what would ultimately lead to my own downfall.

I thank the BPD/NPD chick that stole 95% of my soul so that I could learn that having that 5% left meant that I had one to begin with.

It is this soul that I can now build with and avoid that ultimate downfall that has been unknowingly set out for me from birth.

The red pill - knowing the game and how to play it so that you can guarantee being a winner instead of a washed up bitter looser.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The most ominous moment in most of my relationships has been realizing that my girlfriends' true values largely came from things like TV and music, even while they mirrored my values to sucker me in. They acted on those values too especially once the mask fell off. Some of these women were from good family backgrounds too. Screening for values, which can change anyway and are almost always fraudulently presented at the beginning, is the most difficult task for a man.
She's programmed. Brainwashed. Many in the 20-30 range who are drinking to excess partying ALL THE TIME get brainwashed by pop culture and music. Some of the non-sustainable values seep into their mind and they are living it.

SgtSplacker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For me it's all about the world making sense.

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Red Pill = The path to being a Peaceful warrior

It's about being able to be strong inside and outside to face anything and play it on your own terms in the present moment. Because, everything happens in the present moment and deserve your entire focus.

It's the mix of Health, Confidence, Status in a triangle dynamic towards the goal you aim at.

Every day you progress within the journey you have taken to making you and your surrounding better

Last edited:

Helmet

Reaction score
I didn't expect so many answers, thanks!!
I think you are right, guys. Though I am left with another question: Does stop being the nice guys means to start being a jerk?

thatfeel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For me the Red pill has always meant living in REALITY and not getting fooled by emotional arguments.

Society in general appeals to emotion over facts. When a man learns to simply look at the FACTS and form his own conclusions based on those facts.. he becomes much harder to manipulate AND more likely to avoid "group think". The side affect is a more masculine personality and a stronger ability to lead others.. including women. In addition, he forms a real identity that is useful to your own goals rather than trying to "fit in" to pop culture.
Your posts are extremely dank.