What do you think of a woman who can't cook?

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was at a get together this past 4th of July and while we were all talking and drinking. The discussion veered towards food and the host's wife made a comment that stuck out to me.

She said "I just like my kitchen to look pretty with high end appliances. Other than that, you'll rarely see me inside it because I can't cook. The only thing I serve is frozen, takeout and microwave meals." Of course all the beta men and women chuckled in unison and even praised her.

She said it in such a manner as if she was actually proud of her incapability to cook for her family. I can understand women who can't cook but actually put in effort to learn and improve but those that can't cook and refuse to learn disgust me. To me, it screams of laziness.

I can cook and feed myself. I don't need a woman woman who will become my personal chef. I enjoy cooking and learning new dishes. However, not being able to cook is such a big turnoff to me. I believe a woman should be able to take care of her family when it comes to domestic issues like cooking. That's just my personal opinion.

I always feel like any man who marries a woman that can't cook has been duped and a lot of western men seem accustomed to the idea of a woman that can't cook and is simply too lazy or incompetent to try.

Anyway, what are your thoughts? What do you think of women who can't cook?

old_skoolr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If a women cant cook me food, she's pretty much useless to me after sex.

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
YandelIdbell said:
I think you are just being selfish here.
A woman who won't cook is the type of woman who wants to behave like a man. I am not talking about gender roles here; I do laundry, cook, clean, and whatnot. Most of the women I've dated have been great cooks and it really pays off. It's a necessity of life to be able to feed oneself without lunchables.

hockeyfreak79

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've always preferred my own cooking over any ex beside the Latina. BUT I also put on weight because she feed me so damn good/bad. Ex wife was on okay cook, nothing spectacular really but she put in an effort and also leaned towards the healthy side.

My grand parents owned a restaurant for 30yrs so I caught the cooking gene from them.

Eating healthy is more important, no doubt this is in my screening process but for the most part I would say a lower priority.

silencer

Banned
Reaction score
El Payaso said:
I was at a get together this past 4th of July and while we were all talking and drinking. The discussion veered towards food and the host's wife made a comment that stuck out to me.

She said "I just like my kitchen to look pretty with high end appliances. Other than that, you'll rarely see me inside it because I can't cook. The only thing I serve is frozen, takeout and microwave meals." Of course all the beta men and women chuckled in unison and even praised her.

She said it in such a manner as if she was actually proud of her incapability to cook for her family. I can understand women who can't cook but actually put in effort to learn and improve but those that can't cook and refuse to learn disgust me. To me, it screams of laziness.

I can cook and feed myself. I don't need a woman woman who will become my personal chef. I enjoy cooking and learning new dishes. However, not being able to cook is such a big turnoff to me. I believe a woman should be able to take care of her family when it comes to domestic issues like cooking. That's just my personal opinion.

I always feel like any man who marries a woman that can't cook has been duped and a lot of western men seem accustomed to the idea of a woman that can't cook and is simply too lazy or incompetent to try.

Anyway, what are your thoughts? What do you think of women who can't cook?
A lot of women do cook so do their boyfriends and or husbands. And they cook DAMN good better than restaurant food as in something you'd see in high end restaurants. All fresh, creative etc.

Others who don't cook or never learned are used to being taken out to eat, used to being taken care of passive aggressively expect their boyfriend or husband to not only work but cook for them etc.

That IMO is a huge turnoff and gives me a red flag that the same chick will expect you to work, cook, do more than your share, wind up getting pregnant and sit around needing daycare with you paying for it etc.

Any chick I've known who didn't cook or know how to always was lazy and expected the man to do more for her than she was willing to reciprocate with anything. It just gives off a vibe they are selfish and looking for a guy to do most everything for them.

Everyone else I know dude and chick both cook together.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't really care. I can make my own food. And Im not a great cook either. If anything both her and I can learn to cook well together. Then eventually we can cook for each other.

An expectation of a woman cooking or cleaning is like a woman's expectation of a man spending money and being a provider. Be prepared to back up old school expectations by providing her with old school treatment.

That said, its 2015...I can cook and clean for myself...and I desire a partner. Id like us both to help each other out, and I'll treat her as a she treats me.

silencer

Banned
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
Don't really care. I can make my own food. And Im not a great cook either. If anything both her and I can learn to cook well together. Then eventually we can cook for each other.

An expectation of a woman cooking or cleaning is like a woman's expectation of a man spending money and being a provider. Be prepared to back up old school expectations by providing her with old school treatment.

That said, its 2015...I can cook and clean for myself...and I desire a partner. Id like us both to help each other out, and I'll treat her as a she treats me.
I hear you and I'm not talking about chaining some chick to a stove either but there really is something to be said for women who don't know how or won't cook. You find you not only do for yourself but wind up doing more for them. Some may try to learn but the ones I know who don't are lazy and expect some dude to rescue and take care of them. It just seems to add on to other negatives about those types that start popping up.

Suspens

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They are only good for one thing, I guess you know what that is.

Cooking is the primary art of a feminine lady.

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Old proverb:

Back in the day, women cooked like mama
Today, they drink like papa

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Huffman said:
Old proverb:

Back in the day, women cooked like mama
Today, they drink like papa
Good one. I'll have to remember it.

Fitters

Don Juan
Reaction score
Another one of my cards.
I can cook & also look at any recipe and make it. So I always go " I make my own money and can cook to stay alive ...which leaves you one thing to offer me "

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
it saves me a lot of money and is evidence that she's not lazy, but tbh in this market if you find a loyal girl that can't cook, snatch her up anyway.

Btw, women "fake" the ability and/or desire to cook during the honeymoon if they think it will get to you.

Word to the wise, try to instill some gender roles in your relationship...it makes for a happier woman. Male feminism will not make her pvssy wet, and a study demonstrated that sharing chores dries it up.
I agree. If you live by yourself, you ave to do everything yourself, but when you are with her a healthy amount of gender roles are not a problem.

Can you share the study? I'd like to see it.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
Word to the wise, try to instill some gender roles in your relationship...it makes for a happier woman. Male feminism will not make her pvssy wet, and a study demonstrated that sharing chores dries it up.
Don't try to dictate to me how to have a happy relationship. I dont need a woman to cook in order to be happy. I can feed myself.

Gender roles my ass. They didnt save your relationships now did they? Those young girls still wanted new c0ck didnt they? If I was so worried about gender roles, I wouldnt be having the casual sex that I do. Wasnt that long ago that sex outside of a relationship was considered a male gender role (many still see it that way too).

Btw, stale relationships dry up vagina. And most relationships get stale the longer they get. Nothing gender roles can do about that. Even the most "feminine" women stray or get bored. All in all, Im trying to date women that are fun to be around and fit into my expectations. Not yours. If she doesn't cook or clean for, I don't give a fvk. Im not living with these broads.

Dhoulmagus

Banned
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
Don't try to dictate to me how to have a happy relationship. I dont need a woman to cook in order to be happy. I can feed myself.

Gender roles my ass. They didnt save your relationships now did they? Those young girls still wanted new c0ck didnt they? If I was so worried about gender roles, I wouldnt be having the casual sex that I do. Wasnt that long ago that sex outside of a relationship was considered a male gender role (many still see it that way too).

Btw, stale relationships dry up vagina. And most relationships get stale the longer they get. Nothing gender roles can do about that. Even the most "feminine" women stray or get bored. All in all, Im trying to date women that are fun to be around and fit into my expectations. Not yours. If she doesn't cook or clean for, I don't give a fvk. Im not living with these broads.
If the girl is over 20 and doesn't know how to cook than that should tell you a lot of things. Unless she is rich enough to have a private chef or something, it tells that she eats fast food every day/spends a lot of money eating out and she has a spoiled princess mentality.

Reaction score
Have never lived with one who couldn't. Probably wouldn't, either. She'd have to have a HELLUVA lot of other good points, cause good cooking counts, man, several times a day, every day.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have yet to be blown away by a woman's cooking abilities. Every woman who's cooked for me has made very mediocre food. Then I invite them over and cook something that tastes fvcking magnificent.

Any dummy can follow a recipe book. Getting creative by modifying the recipe or just plain winging it is the true artist in the kitchen. Every time I make a stir fry, it's always different.

I think a lot of women's inability to cook comes from the feminists saying "I don't want to be pregnant and barefoot in the kitchen" or "I'm not a 1950s housewife!" What exactly is wrong with being pregnant and barefoot in the kitchen?

gravityeyelids

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a mean cook so i have yet to meet a girl than outcook me. Baking maybe....but who the f*** cares about desserts and pastries (yes i know you can bake manly food, but still).

I think it's an attractive quality. And I do think it's unattractive when a girl can't even cook basic things like breakfasts and eggs and pasta and chicken, etc.

It's fvcking annoying because the whole feminist thing has gotten to the point where girls go around like they're proud that they're useless in the kitchen because they hate the gender roles.

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's just another modern, shît quality woman, that's all. And the guy is a chump for choosing her to be his wife. They will become ill when older, their children will follow, and the rest will pay.

All I know is if I get a huge house with a bangin kitchen, I'm cooking in that motherfûcker until the wheels come off. It's not a show piece.

TheGambino

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Very very bad, a woman has to know her spot and her spot is the kitchen when youre back from a hard day of work.

I love woman, don't get me wrong, but a woman has to be there to support you in YOU'RE dreams.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
If she can't cook, you have to learn how. What is the alternative? Microwaving leftover pizza?

Observe that in families where nobody cooks, everyone is on Prescription drugs.