What do I do after I have some numbers?

Dannyrt34

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, I need some fellow DJ help. Every weekend, I go out and get as many numbers as I can. But, after waiting a few days, and calling them, I realized most of these girls will not answer. I never gave out my number, so they don't know who it is. I was thinking maybe that's why, they don't recognize the number so they don't answer. Do you guys experience these same problems too sometimes?

And for the next part of my question, after calling once (I didn't leave a message). How long should I wait before trying again? I don't want to seem desperate, but I would really like to at least get a hold of a few of these girls.
And should I start leaving messages?

By the way, I'm young (19) and the girls are usually in the 17-19 age range. So I know they don't have full time jobs and stuff, so I know thats not why they don't answer their phones. And I usually try calling at around 7 or 8PM.

mountain

Don Juan
Reaction score
are you actually conversating with this girls and building a rapport or just going and asking for numbers. you won't have this problem with girls you actually connect with

Reaction score
So they don't answer, don't know your number, you don't leave a message, and you're still expecting a call back?

Bat

Don Juan
Reaction score
Before getting the number build some rapport, spend some time (personally i spend between 20 and 25 mins) connecting with her, and you will severely reduce this problem.

Dannyrt34

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hell yea

mountain said:
are you actually conversating with this girls and building a rapport or just going and asking for numbers. you won't have this problem with girls you actually connect with
Yeah dude, I meet most of these girls at the club, So I usually have a dance with them. Then I take their hands and lead them to a quieter place where we can talk, after about 5-10 minutes I say "I need to go find my friend, but I'd like to talk to you again" Hand her my phone take the number, then go look for another girl. So yes I usually have rapport and conversation before asking for the number.

mountain

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is what I'm imagining, correct me if I'm wrong:

You approach a girl, dance with her, take her to talk. This is good. But you talk to her for 5-10 minutes, which is really not enough time to talk about anything.

Then you say "you gotta go find your friend", which by the way is a CLASSIC line used by girls who want to get the hell away from someone they find unnattractive.

Then you go and repeat this same operation in the same place with different girls who can see it happen.

So from the girl's perspective, you didn't give her any time, then you dropped a rejection line as popular as "Let's just be friends" on her, and then you did the same thing assembly line style in front of these girls.

Dannyrt34

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Uh oh

mountain said:
This is what I'm imagining, correct me if I'm wrong:

You approach a girl, dance with her, take her to talk. This is good. But you talk to her for 5-10 minutes, which is really not enough time to talk about anything.

Then you say "you gotta go find your friend", which by the way is a CLASSIC line used by girls who want to get the hell away from someone they find unnattractive.

Then you go and repeat this same operation in the same place with different girls who can see it happen.

So from the girl's perspective, you didn't give her any time, then you dropped a rejection line as popular as "Let's just be friends" on her, and then you did the same thing assembly line style in front of these girls.
I'm Sorrry dude but I disagree with that, I believe that you can say alot in those first 5-10 minutes. I think that you can get enough info out there that she knows what type of man you are. Also, I don't want her to know me completely the first meeting, all I want her to see is that I'm fun and interesting, and I'm not dropping a "let's just be friends" line when I'm leaving the conversation. I do my absolute best to make it very fun, tease her, and crack those lines like "You're definitely ruining your chances with me". I then end the conversation when it's at it's highest point, right when she seems most interested in me, I cut it short and just ask for her number.

I believe that by ending this conversation short, at it's highest, funnest point. You leave her wanting more, she's overflowing with anticipation. The girl will be wanting more from you, she'll be anticipating your call. I've even had a girl chase me down after leaving the conversation early.

However, I will say that I do understand where your coming from. But I'm just saying what I've been doing has been working, and I think I'm going to keep doing it.

But now, I'm going to give an update on my question to all of you. I realized that the reason they didn't answer was the whole voicemail thing. I called 3 of the numbers today, left a message, and so far 2 called back.

And definitely keep posting your opinions, I enjoy hearing other's point of views. I don't think you're wrong about having longer conversation and rapport, I know different stuff works for different people. I was just stating that what I have been doing has been working for me.

mountain

Don Juan
Reaction score
your first post gave me the impression that it wasn't working... if it works, more power to you

Dannyrt34

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh yea

Oh one more thing. This club I go to is HUGE, it has 3 floors, and usually about 2 or 3 thousand people there on a saturday night. So the girls I talk to never see me running around and talking to a bunch of other chicks the same night.

Krassus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There was an excellent post on this by Razorjack or Woodhaven i believe. "Balance attraction with rapport" is what i THINK it was called. Ending the convo at the high point is awesome because it builds attraction, but that quickly fades if there wasn't enough rapport. I know you can say a LOT in 5-10 mins (i've #closed in under a minute), but how much of what you're saying is LASTING, MEMORABLE RAPPORT? Also, when do you usually call em? There are some days/hours, which are just plain BAD for this. Try 8PM Sunday.

Paradigm Artisan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hasn't anyone heard of David DeAngelo?

GET HER EMAIL AND NUMBER!

No, it's not old or cheesy. Just say, "Hey, do you have email? Great write that down for me." It's safer then a phone #, and while she is in the middle of it say, "Ohh, and also jot your number down." She might as well, whe is already writting.

This way you have phone and email.

Email is great because you don't need to worry about having cleaver things to say on the phone, email time is really slow. And it is easier to get a hold of her, day or night, work or play. Because now she has time to check and shoot back an email. If she dosen't then don't worry about it. If she does, then she is more acceptable in returning your calls. Since you reminder her who you are and established a little rapport in your email. THEN, call her up and schedule the date.

skip2mylou781

Banned
Reaction score
Paradigm Artisan said:

No, it's not old or cheesy. Just say, "Hey, do you have email? Great write that down for me." It's safer then a phone #, and while she is in the middle of it say, "Ohh, and also jot your number down." She might as well, whe is already writting.

Email is great because you don't need to worry about having cleaver things to say on the phone, email time is really slow. And it is easier to get a hold of her, day or night, work or play. Because now she has time to check and shoot back an email. If she dosen't then don't worry about it. If she does, then she is more acceptable in returning your calls. Since you reminder her who you are and established a little rapport in your email. THEN, call her up and schedule the date.

thats IDIOTIC.....nobody goes to clubs with paper and pencil to write **** down.....everyone gets #s put into their cell phones, wat century are u living in? lol

Paradigm Artisan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well skip, I wouldn't go as far as to say "IDIOTIC" This is how I learned back in the day. No, not 13th century back in the day, but close. If a girl wants to fvck you, then a simple napkin isn't going to get in the way.

But no, I see what your sayin'. For me it's not a problem. When I went out to collect numbers, this is what I did, and it worked fine. But he wanted a solution, and I remembered that one. Email still works just fine, IM, or text whatever. And I think most phones can store emails (mine can, actually. You may need to get creative if yours can't.) So problem solved. No paper needed, just try asking for the email as well. Maybe DYD needs an update? I haven't gone # collecting in a while. Me and Mosses were sarge buddies. ;)

But seriously, try the email. If it works, great. Glad I could help.

wayword

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Krassus said:
There was an excellent post on this by Razorjack or Woodhaven i believe. "Balance attraction with rapport" is what i THINK it was called. Ending the convo at the high point is awesome because it builds attraction, but that quickly fades if there wasn't enough rapport. I know you can say a LOT in 5-10 mins (i've #closed in under a minute), but how much of what you're saying is LASTING, MEMORABLE RAPPORT? Also, when do you usually call em? There are some days/hours, which are just plain BAD for this. Try 8PM Sunday.
Good point, perhaps it's better to reach a HP before getting her number. Remember, her number is not your goal. It is just a means to your goal.

Dannyrt34

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Email vs. Phone

Paradigm Artisan said:

Yeah, I have studied some of David Deangelo's stuff. His stuff is great, but I still never tried the whole E-mail thing. In my opinion the E-mail thing is kind of 'out there'. I really can't picture myself at a club asking for her E-mail address. Just thinking about that makes me think of a computer geek trying to pick up a girl. But hey, if it works for ya, then by all means go for it. But like I said in previous post, I just started leaving messages on the girl's voicemail, and they did end up calling back. So I think that's kind of the same Idea, if you E-mail her, she'll get it no matter what, well I think it's the same way with just leaving her a cute little voicemail message. She'll get it, and if she was interested she'll respond when she has the time.

swaptrex

Don Juan
Reaction score
ya, i don't know about the email either, but i would think that txting first might be a good idea because you could plan what you said.

mountain

Don Juan
Reaction score
a telegraph or the pony express will work if you build rapport correctly...

rsxtreme

Don Juan
Reaction score
Paradigm Artisan said:

:up:

Dannyrt34

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL Just letting everyone know you don't have to keep giving tips here about my problem with the girls not answering. In my post above I solved my own problem. I noticed this thread sort of changed directions towards the E-MAIL VS. PHONE NUMBERS. Which seems to be an interesting topic now, everyone seems to have mixed thoughts about this. So I think let's discuss that a little bit now.

Personally, I still am leaning towards the phone number, because I rarely even use E-mail. Plus, I'm proud of my voice tone that I use to talk with a girl. Because most of the humor that I use, and stories that I tell, require me to have the right voice tone. I also use a lot of sarcasm, which is hard to tell when you're reading words rather than hearing a voice.