What did she mean when?

bankai

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not sure how to take the conversation that we had. What are your thoughts? What do you think she meant by the drawn out "suuuurreeee"?

Conversation goes as follows

*after a few minutes of banter*

me: anyways, I called to see if you wanted to do something later in the week.
her: ah ok, what were you thinking of?
me: I don't know, movie, dinner, something like that. There were some places I've been wanting to try.
her: uh suuuuurrreeee.
me: ...you don't sound very sure about that,
her: it's just since I've been back I don't know what movies are out and I've eaten everything that I've been craving for.
me: *jokes* erm I'm not going to comment on that last part. How about this, I'll figure something out and I'll give you a call back and we'll see how you're schedule is later in the week.
her: ok!
me: alright, I'm off, talk to you later.

WhitePimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Be more decisive. None of this 'maybe/possibly/don't know' stuff when talking about possible dates. Be firm and direct with your plans to minimize flaking

vatoloco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bankai said:
...How about this, I'll figure something out and I'll give you a call
This should've been your plan to begin with. ;)

You gotta be a "Man with a Plan."

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I agree with the other posters. Have it figured out (time/date and place) before you call her. You should have a primary and a backup plan ready. If it helps, write it all down before you call her.

The backup plan is important because you might first suggest some restaurant she doesn't like or a movie she already saw, etc. You don't want to go quiet if she shoots down your first suggestion.

Never say "I don't know" or "What do you want to do?". It's weak.

Get it all figured out and call her again in a day or two.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She doesn't sound very interested. Women will very rarely give you a direct "no." They think ambiguous excuses are much more polite.

trrush

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah i don't think she's interested much in you. even if you had a plan, she would have flaked.

rocket87

Don Juan
Reaction score
Lack of interest. Lack of decisiveness. Fail.

Learn how to attract. Become more decisive. Don't banter. Don't waste your own time. Win.

Johnnyventana

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Lack of interest aside -- people need to stop ruining the 'set-up!' Have a plan and tell her what it is. That's fun for you both. The hemming and hawing is ghey and totally ruins the moment. In fact, it becomes tedious. Not exactly what you want.

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All the others have pretty much summed it up.

Also she was being sarcastic when she said "surrrrrrrreee" because she knows you want her, yet you were trying to reason and say there was some movies and different food spots you wanted to try.

This is not looking good for you. Part of your issue is the indecisiveness, comes off as not being sure of yourself, insecure etc etc.

Even though this doesn't look promising start by practicing good habits.

Call her back, and have something planned out, set time etc. Be flexible and have two different days as options. If she can't make either, and doesn't counter offer, you know the truth.

Worst case scenario she doesn't answer or call back

PIMP

runner83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pimp-sicle said:
Call her back, and have something planned out, set time etc. Be flexible and have two different days as options. If she can't make either, and doesn't counter offer, you know the truth.

PIMP
If a woman is interested, she WILL make time to meet up.

Of course, being a wishy washy wvssy (as per your side of the messages) can kill any attraction that was there to start with