What age should you get worried that you aren't married?

dannyc

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im only 19 but i was just thinking about this.

I know you cant plan these type of things but what do you lot think is the age that you reach where you get just too old and you need to get settled in a marriage. Theres a point where you can't just go from relationship to relationship your whole life. What age do you think that is?

Just a question. Whats everyones opinions?

tobiashunter

Don Juan
Reaction score
All depends on the person...

Personally, I want to get married soon after college. I don't want to wait till my late 20's to get married...

Bradshaw

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
mid forties (at the earliest)

I am in my early 20's now, so that leaves a good 2 decades of nailing miscellaneous pvssy. Also, I hope to be at least 10-15 years older than my wife.

PoS

Don Juan
Reaction score
girls will not want you once you pass certain age, unless you're super rich and successful. a pretty older women can get any guy anytime she wants .. but it is hard for the guys. go read posts in mature dj forum .. some of those guys are over 40 still act like 21, just struggling. it is just sad to see older looking guys go after college chicks and they have no idea why younger women keeps rejecting them. this "dj skill" crap should stop once you pass 35. sure, you can always learn something new, but you can't stop aging

libre

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear young man

I suggest that you aim for the 27 - 33 years old time frame. Do NOT get hitched before 27! Sure you can have all the girlfriends that you want and you might also have multi-year relationships beforehand. But, don't get married before that time frame; it just isn't worth it most of the time.

If you get hitched before 27, the odds are quite high that either you or your spouse will get tired of your married life and call it quits. Why bother and have to pay alimony and all the sheebang if you can avoid it?

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why worry about getting married, at all? Marriage, for the most part is kinda becoming a thing of the past, to a point.

I think you should get married when you are old enough to take on the responsability, and you are definitely 100% in love with the woman you are with.

Nowadays, with feminism and women becoming more independent, there's no longer a codependency happening.

People got married for security, and to start a family..... These days, at least in our western world, everything is so fast paced that marriage is taken for granted and is a lot lighter in meaning. People get married and divorced often, and it's completly acceptable.

I see more and more men and women who live "common-law" rather then get officially married. It is the same thing, just unofficial, I guess.

Don't worry about you're age so much..... unless you're 35 and have never had a real serious relationship... then, i think the clock would be ticking.... and has been ticking for a long time.

Persue LTR's before you even start to worry about when you'll get married.

The Bad Ass Canadian

skyjcky

Don Juan
Reaction score
Strange statistic, I know a couple of guys who are over 40 and never been married. Though I am only 17, I really would not want to get married, imo it just seems pointless to me.. Maybe because I havent ever even witnessed a 'sucessfull' marrige. On the other hand, If i DID want to get married, age for me would be over 30.

BigFoot

Don Juan
Reaction score
You can have a good relationship with someone and not be married. But if you have to get married, try to wait until your at least 30 or 40. Depending on the person, you'll be more established ,
better able to judge who would be good for you in the long run, and have more experience on which to make your decisions.

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know about you, but i'm not planning on getting married until late 30s, and that's if I find someone worth marrying. I have no idea why anyone would want to get locked down in their 20s, those are the best years of your life man.

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its funny that 99 percent of guys want to get married.

infact most of them are probably in there 20's

yet everyone here wants to play cool bad ass till they are so old when theyre 10 yr old son wants to play catch they wont be able to throw with there 60 yr old hip :)

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you should only be worried about getting married, if you want to be married and your relationship has lead up to that.

there is nothing written in stone that says you have to get married by any age at all.

do what is best for you.

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by frivolousz21
Its funny that 99 percent of guys want to get married.

infact most of them are probably in there 20's

yet everyone here wants to play cool bad ass till they are so old when theyre 10 yr old son wants to play catch they wont be able to throw with there 60 yr old hip :)
it's got nothing to do with that man. right now, my bro and his wife have a kid, and since they both work a lot, I help him out and take care of the kid almost every 2nd day, sometimes everyday (he's almost 3). While I do love the kid and don't mind watching after him at all, I dunno if the life of a father is the one for me. The very fact some people wanna do this sh!t as soon as they graduate from college tells me that they have no idea what theyr'e getting into.

p.s. my hips will be awesome at 60.

Joe The Homophobe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do the smart AND MANLY thing. Date dozens of girls, enjoy your 20's, go to college, get your degree, get a good job, save some money, and then maybe think about getting married in your late 20's. Finishing college education before marriage is a must. Don't make the same mistake countless guys have done by ruining their lives fathering children at a time they don't have a financially stable life, carreer and job.

I personally will not marry until I earn enough money so that my future wife stays home full time to take care of the kids. I don't ever want my kids staying with some baby sitter. This is why I can only marry after Im done with college, have a stable job and have saved for a few years.

ARK

Don Juan
Reaction score
I know a couple in their 50's who are getting divorced because he no longer loves her. They were together for over 10 years. Now they are forced back into the dating world again. Life is so uncertain I dont think there is a certain age. Depends on the person.

Society judges everyone to be married, have kids and own a house with a white picket fence by your early twenties. I have news, life isn't like that. Get that idea out of your head. I agree with an above comment, wait till your late twenties.

sux2bu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by The_Shezzler
35 tops

So if i'm not married by the age of 35, that makes me a loser in life and people will start to wonder if i'm gay.

Thank you so very much! It's all becoming so much clearer now..

:crackup:

marriage = grossly overrated source of happiness.

Black_Italian

Banned
Reaction score
marriage = grossly overrated source of happiness.
How many times do you hear people saying marrige is a source of happiness 80% of all the older married men i know in my life including my dad say and i quote "never get married". My uncle in law hung himself because he married my auntie.

But i think you have to get married you cant go clubbing a picking up when your 40 - 50 im 19 right now so id say 26-27 id start considering marrige.

BUT ONE THING i belive is really important and not enough people do this well not im my culture (Italian) you should live with the girl for a wile first because when you move in with someone it can make or break the realationship. You dont want to get married move in togather and realise the person drives u crazy

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IF i get married, i'll probably wanna get married between the age of 26 - 32 (thats probably the time i'll have a good paying job that will enable me to support myself, my future wife, and child support even:D)

Laterz...

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MOM- I believe you.

I really do.

you constant with ur views and steady posts.

if anyone sees how I write Im a big advocate of love.

the life of banging chicks is empty for me.

maybe its because I had a broken home and a abusive father.

ever since I was a kid ive wanted to change that trend and have a great family.

so thats why im dating the good girls now :)

hopefully ive found me the right one.

time will tell.