Went NC on EXGF (with one exception); she sends me friend request on FB the cancels

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Went NC on EXGF with the exception of both mailing and emailing her tax forms to her around tax time since they were sent to my house.

Anyway I made a new Facebook and a few days later she sent me a friend request. I ignored it with the intention of accepting on Sunday after the weekend, but it looks like she cancelled it already.

Anyone know why she'd do this? She cheated on me last December so I kicked her out of the house, initiating contact only to set up logistics on where to drop off her stuff.

Dgwizdal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To make your hamster spin like it is right now. 4 months and your still not over her smh.

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dgwizdal said:
To make your hamster spin like it is right now. 4 months and your still not over her smh.
You just reminded me why I don't go to this forum anymore.

El Suave

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
She probably was hoping you'll accept right away and she'll maybe have a chance of rekindling the relationship whit you. Then, realizing that you have a backbone and actually kicked her out in the past, knew she doesn't stand a chance with you. Therefore, she cancelled the invite so she doesn't look like a fool.

Moment of weakness and foolishness on her part

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
he was a bit harsh by he is 100% correct as to her motivation.
It's not that it was harsh as it was just so asinine.

Mr Wright

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
Then accept the other feel-good know-nothing explanations you are bound to recieve. But he was correct.
You seem really sure that she did this on purpose when the other explanation is equally if not more plausible. Not everything a woman does is trying to f*ck with you. She probably felt embarrassed because if someone doesn't respond to a friend request in 24 hours they've obviously ignored it.

Mr Wright

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
Once you actually get to know how women think and operate you will understand that DGwizdal's theory is 100x more plausible than the inanity that she was "embarrassed" along with the assumption that he checks his facebook every day.. There are at least 1,000 threads on this site explaining why women toy with men they have fvcked over after the relationship ends.
This site is slowly becoming about who can say the most extreme thing and anyone who even questions it is a fag. Just because some guy says it, it doesn't automatically make it '100% correct'. She may have got the message that he doesn't want to be in contact with her. Either way the OP did the right thing by not acknowledging it straight away.

Peaks&Valleys

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vice said:
I ignored it with the intention of accepting on Sunday after the weekend, but it looks like she cancelled it already.
Why did you ignore it?

Seems to me she just beat you at your own game.

Dgwizdal said:
To make your hamster spin like it is right now.
^this +1

Vice said:
You just reminded me why I don't go to this forum anymore.
Why is that? Truth hurts?

Vice said:
It's not that it was harsh as it was just so asinine.
Asinine?

PairsPlusRoyalFlush said:
Then accept the other feel-good know-nothing explanations you are bound to recieve. But he was correct.
^this

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
El Suave said:
She probably was hoping you'll accept right away and she'll maybe have a chance of rekindling the relationship whit you. Then, realizing that you have a backbone and actually kicked her out in the past, knew she doesn't stand a chance with you. Therefore, she cancelled the invite so she doesn't look like a fool.

Moment of weakness and foolishness on her part
optimistic explanation

Dgwizdal said:
pessimistic explanation (although I'd disagree with the bolded part, that was just weird)

pick one OP, either way, you should forget about it and move on cuz *****es be crazy

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr Wright said:
She probably felt embarrassed because if someone doesn't respond to a friend request in 24 hours they've obviously ignored it.
not everyone checks fb every single day.

narcissist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Both are plausible.

Assuming either one as 100% absolute is asinine.

Anyways. Vice, she cheated. Her intentions dont matter anymore. Shes doesn't deserve to occupy your thoughts. So try not to over think this. You are letting her get to you. And you know in your soul your stronger then that.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My response is a two parter:

Sounds like your ex wanted to save face. I tip my hat to you for not accepting the friend request. If you've ever (and most of us have) sent that letter or e-mail and later realized it would make us look like an AFC, then it's sort of the same mentality with your ex. She either knows by your public posting(s) (after she sent the request) that you didn't accept and the other thought is she did something on impulse and is now doing all she can to save face.

Part II speaking of AFC's, it looks like your posting attracted more than one. This forum is about giving constructive advice. As witnessed in some of the above replies, there's definitely a display of AFC'ness. Anytime someone has to belittle another in order to feel 'escalation' toward their own self worth/image, take it for what it's worth (little to nothing).

Peaks&Valleys

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She sent you a friends request. You ignored it (to play it cool), and she took it away. She knew what you were doing. She knew that you saw it and were eventually going to accept. So she one upped you, and took it away. Now you've all bent out of shape, like she knew you would be. She's winning, you're losing. She knows your not over her. Truth, it hurts, time to man the fvck up.

coronaflash

Don Juan
Reaction score
My 2 cents worth...

It was an attempt by her to get you to become "friends". Curiosity gets the better of you and you check out her profile. Boom... NEW man on the scene...

You didn't accept the invite so she bailed out mid way through the plan... Saving face as said above.

Ignore and Ignore again. You did the right thing by ignoring her first time out. Stay the course.

sylvester the cat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is either the optimistic explanation or the pessimistic one.

Either way, who cares. She cheated. She cannot be trusted.

sylvester the cat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Peaks&Valleys said:
She sent you a friends request. You ignored it (to play it cool), and she took it away. She knew what you were doing. She knew that you saw it and were eventually going to accept. So she one upped you, and took it away. Now you've all bent out of shape, like she knew you would be. She's winning, you're losing. She knows your not over her. Truth, it hurts, time to man the fvck up.
She doesn't know he's bent out of shape or that he's not over her because he ignored her. All she knows is that she approached him and he didn't respond and then she backtracked.

She's not winning anything. If anything, she lost because she is not with him.

RagingBalls

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Vice said:
Went NC on EXGF with the exception of both mailing and emailing her tax forms to her around tax time since they were sent to my house.

Anyway I made a new Facebook and a few days later she sent me a friend request. I ignored it with the intention of accepting on Sunday after the weekend, but it looks like she cancelled it already.

Anyone know why she'd do this? She cheated on me last December so I kicked her out of the house, initiating contact only to set up logistics on where to drop off her stuff.
Nothing wrong with re-mailing her stuffs like tax mail, You're doing it like what a civilized person would do, it's not about being bitter or whatever, i just hope you'll tell her straight that you're expecting that would be the last ones you got those letters and won't be sending anymore than that if ever.

I'm going for: She thinks you had no intention of accepting it, so to save face on an already damaged one, lol. she cancelled it. She perhaps thinks what use is it staying in your fb request anyways.

I'm just curious man, why add her? if it's for setting up logistics to drop her things, a text message would suffice right?

tripod23

Don Juan
Reaction score
funny how chicks all operate in the same manner , my ex did exactly the same thing last week , when we broke up she dumped all my personal paperwork for my businesses behind a bin in my driveway , that was in novemeber last year she sent me a text to tell me where she had dumped everything , she was clearly looking for a reaction from me , but iv learned some hard lessons , so i did not respond ,

as i said above she did just what this guys ex has done , deleted everyone off facebook , then sent me a friends request only to cancel...........i didnt accept and had no intention of doing , she desrespected me ...........so i will keep searching for someone who values me for the awesome dude i am.............fvck her ...........silence is golden never forget that........say your piece then disapear.........

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Super gay thread. I asked a simple question and was instead cross-psychoanalyzed by keyboard jockeys. I'm going to enact a rule that anyone who replies to my threads MUST have recent field reports or I will delete their posts with my amazing nazi mod powers. Yeah abuse of power, but I'd rather promote a culture of field reports and field tested replies than keyboard jockeys on this site.