Was I just LJBF'ed?

T Square

Don Juan
Reaction score
So I just got back from a date with a hot girl I met through a painting class I was taking (not a university class, but one of those meet-once-a-week-for-fun classes for working stiffs like me take).

The last day of class we were looking at paintings in a museum. I thought I was getting some IOI's from her: She kept following me around, I firted with her and she flirted back, then at the end of the trip she gave me her e-mail and said we should hang out sometime.

I set up a coffee date for today to get to know her better. She shows up with her two friends! WTF! I played it cool and laid down some C+F stuff while talking to the group. I think I did a good job winning over the group. They were laughing a lot and seemed to like me. At the end of the "date" she said good-bye and made a few references about how we should see each other later.

So my question is, what's the deal with her bringing her friends along? Was she LJBF'ing me? Was she bringing them along to help check me out and keep her safe if I turned out to be a creepy guy? What do you guys think?

El Don

Don Juan
Reaction score
She probably just wanted to see how you would react and also get the opinion of you from her friends. I wouldnt worry about it but just ask her out again and if she brings her friends I would think you guys are just friends.

nonchalant

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
she was never into you. detach now. if she had a coffee date with brad pitt do you think she would bring her two guy friends? no, she'd want to be alone with him.

mountain

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've actually had this happen before with a girl that was making all the moves on me. She came to what i thought was a date with her friends along. I still don't really understand it. Perhaps its just manipulation, perhaps its some sort of test of worthiness. fukk if i know how to handle it. if anyone does i'd love to hear.

nonchalant

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
a girl i dated told me she would do this to guys she had ljbf'ed who were just not getting it. if this girl is doing this to you, she does not care about you at all and is an AW biatch.

TheFlyingMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
hmm nonchalant may be right, but i have had a girl do this to me, and she was nuts over me. She just wanted her friend to approve me first too. I say don't NEXT her right away, set up another coffee and see if she's doing the same thing.

MVPlaya

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
El Don said:
She probably just wanted to see how you would react and also get the opinion of you from her friends. I wouldnt worry about it but just ask her out again and if she brings her friends I would think you guys are just friends.
No. She brings friends to feel safe and to establish a barrier.

You've been LJBF'd. Next girl.