Want to ask out the girl I work with

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As long as its a temporary summer job type of deal go for it.

If its the job you are working at for the rest of your life don't do it.

Kuwi

Don Juan
Reaction score
KontrollerX said:
As long as its a temporary summer job type of deal go for it.
If its the job you are working at for the rest of your life don't do it.
I'll problably working there for about 1 more year.

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
From the sticky at the top of the page called READ BEFORE YOU POST

diablo said:
From this point on, threads lacking details, mainly those with only 1-2 sentences in the body, will be deleted as soon as a moderator comes across them - as will threads that are just wildly stupid or unreadable

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kuwi said:
Is this a good idea?
Mate, can you give us a bit more detail about the situation?

My personal take is dating girls from work isn't a good idea. For one, if you stop dating each other, you'll still have to see each other every day, and that could get awkward. Also, if you get turned down, gossip could get round the workplace, and ruin your reputation or make being there uncomfortable.

Another thing, do you really want to spend 24/7 with the girl you're dating? Think about it for a second...what keeps a relationship fresh is some time apart, you know, having your own lives outside of each other. If you date a girl you work with, you will literally see her all the time, thus time spent together won't seem as special or as fun.

If you're going to ask her out, ask her out outside the workplace, then there is no risk of being dismissed for 'harrassment', etc.

On the positive side, if you just want a casual 'fling' with this girl, it could be a buzz working together and knowing what you got up to last night!

I myself wouldn't date a girl I worked with....(although I work for myself now, so I don't have that problem!).

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guitar_Whizz said:
Mate, can you give us a bit more detail about the situation?
I second this notion. Certian situations are horrile for dating a coworker, but others are completely acceptable. None of us will have a crack at a conciderable anwser until we get something with a tad more depth to it.

Kuwi

Don Juan
Reaction score
PRMoon said:
I second this notion. Certian situations are horrile for dating a coworker, but others are completely acceptable. None of us will have a crack at a conciderable anwser until we get something with a tad more depth to it.
What else do you want me to say? I suck with details.

Reaction score
It's your life, enjoy it while you can.

Sometimes you have to take risks to get somewhere or you are just existing and not living. Can't worry about potential recprocussions like other people are talking about, just do what you feel comfortable with, since you know the quality of the rapport you have with her and where it's going.

Go for it!

Let it go :

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=NK3L6ccMQ4U

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kuwi said:
What else do you want me to say? I suck with details.
What type of job do you work? How many employees are there? What is the venue (location, atmosphere, demenor) of the job you're in? Is there potentioal for growth in your job to last beyond a year?

Don't worry, most of us are here to help you in more then one way. Learning to appreciate details is a good skill to have as well. If you can't describe a situation with confidence to complete strangers then you can't possibly have reviewed the options in depth to yourself.

Kuwi

Don Juan
Reaction score
PRMoon said:
What type of job do you work? How many employees are there? What is the venue (location, atmosphere, demenor) of the job you're in? Is there potentioal for growth in your job to last beyond a year?

Don't worry, most of us are here to help you in more then one way. Learning to appreciate details is a good skill to have as well. If you can't describe a situation with confidence to complete strangers then you can't possibly have reviewed the options in depth to yourself.
I'm a clerk, around 6, it's a convenience store, not really.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kuwi said:
I'm a clerk, around 6, it's a convenience store, not really.
Alright so that gives us something more to work with. Firstly one year at most at a convenience store is pretty much nothing. You most likely aren't going to use this place for referances when applying to other jobs other then to say you showed up to work on time. In addition, it's likely nobody at your job plans or wants to make a career out of this job so any work drama is for the most part pety and of no conciquence. All signs from this point say it's okay to ask her out given the situation.

Is there anything else or is that sufficient?

Kuwi

Don Juan
Reaction score
PRMoon said:
Alright so that gives us something more to work with. Firstly one year at most at a convenience store is pretty much nothing. You most likely aren't going to use this place for referances when applying to other jobs other then to say you showed up to work on time. In addition, it's likely nobody at your job plans or wants to make a career out of this job so any work drama is for the most part pety and of no conciquence. All signs from this point say it's okay to ask her out given the situation.

Is there anything else or is that sufficient?
No, thats good.