Wanna hear how reggae, techno, rap, and dance mixed together sound?

Upside

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The only real good songs to come out from Bob Sinclair is World Hold On (Best one), Together, and Love Generation. I feel like a lot of the songs (like the one you posted) try to mix too many different genres and in the end make the music sound sub-par. In general, his music is pretty sweet though even though I don't like the song you posted.

Reaction score
snowdog said:
Is this a joke? Please tell me it's a joke. I might not be able to take you seriously anymore, ever.
share your opinion on why you don't like this song.

Edit: Alle Gory - what is hill billy about this song? It's a short fat reggae-ish black guy singing to the techno beat from Calabria.

This song is as far from Country as you could get........i don't hear any guitars and I don't see any rednecks.

Can someone be logical with me at all?

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rescue Mission said:
share your opinion on why you don't like this song
He's just poking fun at your hill billy like taste. For example, calling KFC a fine dining restaurant is like calling this song a masterpiece.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't stand that guys voice... but the beginning of the video is funny

snowdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rescue Mission said:
share your opinion on why you don't like this song.
It should be self-explanationary to anyone who's single source for music isn't MTV, and Alle_Gory made the perfect comparation already, but here goes.

You're calling a song with some some guy with a digital voice, simple beat and lyrics a "true masterpiece of music". It doesn't have much to do with music anyway, since I don't hear any real instruments. There's nothing special about this, there are thousands of songs like this that plague the airways. The clip is nice though, but that hasn't anything to do with the song itself.

But yea, to each his own I guess, lol.

Reaction score
snowdog said:
It should be self-explanationary to anyone who's single source for music isn't MTV, and Alle_Gory made the perfect comparation already, but here goes.

You're calling a song with some some guy with a digital voice, simple beat and lyrics a "true masterpiece of music". It doesn't have much to do with music anyway, since I don't hear any real instruments. There's nothing special about this, there are thousands of songs like this that plague the airways. The clip is nice though, but that hasn't anything to do with the song itself.

But yea, to each his own I guess, lol.

this song is not mainstream and has never been touched by MTV.......the beat is HOT without a doubt.....i dont see how someone could hate on that beat because it sounds really fresh and fun.

Rogue

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rescue Mission said:
this song is not mainstream.
As a connoisseur of underground electronic dance music and techno, the song has a very mainstream commercial sound and structure. One of the long outstanding hallmarks of underground electronic music is the freedom to break away from conventional formulaic lyrical structures, but the song seems to only reinforce the stereotypes.

wait_out

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I won't front on the Calabria drums, which are actually pretty awesome though I'm not really that keen on the bassline or hook.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgvnO4zdc9I

But I will back Rogue in saying there is TONS of amazing dance music out there which is much farther off the map than this song. XLR8R runs a podcast and they are consistently on the bleeding edge of what's going on. Aside from the tempo, there's a lot of dancehall songs with similar production to Calabria:

Diwali Riddim
Coolie Dance

These ARE mainstream Rescue Mission, because Sean Paul broke both these songs in the US as 'Get Busy' and 'Feel Alright', respectively. I love these beats -- but they're not exactly hidden gems.

In the end if it makes the girls dance though... what do you care what anyone thinks of it? It's not a contest...

Rho

Don Juan
Reaction score
how is that cross fertilization? it sounds like hard techno to me.