Vitamin C Pills

B

Bud_Fox

Are there any benefits to taking Vitamin C Pills? I drink a lot of apple/orange juice to get my daily dose of Vitamin C, but this is a lot of sugar and not good for abs or a flat stomach.

Vitamin C is supposed to be an anti-oxidant, but will I get the same benefits from taking the pill everyday?

Thanks

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are there any benefits to taking Vitamin C Pills
yes "GOOGLE IT"

I drink a lot of apple/orange juice to get my daily dose of Vitamin C, but this is a lot of sugar and not good for abs or a flat stomach.
it won't have any effect on your abs if you drink your juices at breakfast or when your most active during the day and also if the majority of your liquids is coming from water and you routinely exercise. I drink orange juice fortified with calcium.

but will I get the same benefits from taking the pill everyday?
the same benefits as what ?? If you take a vitamin C pill your introducing vitamin C into your system, if you want to know how much your taking just read the label on the back of the pills and compare it to your other source of Vit. C. what are you having trouble figuring out ??

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i think he's asking whether the pills give the same benefits of the juice. usually whole food is superior to any supplement with the equivalent micronutrients, but this may be an exception. Partly b/c much of the Vit. C in modern fruit juices is added by the bottler.

it's hard to drink enough fruit juice to get as much Vit. C as proponents suggest you supplement with.

a123

Don Juan
Reaction score
Vitamin C is an antioxidant but its also responsible for producing collagen (=the material that holds your body together) and it helps your immune system as well.
Very high doses of Vitamin C you will pee out, and high doses for long time are not healthy.

Doctors say that at the first sign of a cold - Take 2000mg of Vitamin C. You can't drink 35 glasses of orange juice (=2000mg of Vitamin C) so take Vitamin C. But normally you don't need so much Vitamin C - just in special cases.

An exhaustive review to determine how much Vitamin C is required was published in the Journal of the American Medical Association concluded that doctors should counsel patients to avoid regular daily doses of over 1 gram, or 1000 mg.
Buttom line, if you just want to take Vitamin C to be healthy you can drink 1-2 glasses of orange juice a day OR take very small dozes 100mg a day with a pill.