very newbie rafc question

Zog

Don Juan
Reaction score
I need some tips for approaching in loud enviroments. Im thinking specifically of a very loud mall. Ive never had a very loud voice, and although there are other ways I could stop a group, I wouldnt be able to keep them interested at all w/o being able to talk to them.

Should I just work on talking louder? Does anybody know some voice exercises that could help with that? I want to work on getting a more powerful voice anyway so this could be helpful.

Im going to be taking singing lessons soon, so that should help, but something I could do now would be awesome.

Thanks thanks!

Z

Edit:
Annother question. Im working on packaging my life now in story form in a way I can pieces of it when I need to. I have alot of stories that would be..self depreciating. (like the fact that I was playing a single MMORPG video game for 5 years 8+ hours a day:( ..) Im wondering If I should even bother talking about stuff like that.

johnmich

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
5 years, 8+ EVERY DAY ??

thats like my little bro. He sits on the PC all day and all night and never goes out. Hes nearly 16 and hasnt had a beer yet WTF?

~ ONE exercise you can do is open you mouth and go aaahhh. Then close your mouth and start going hhmmmmmm. try getting it so that your nose and throat resinate and vibrate and practice talking at a similar pitch

Zog

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the voice exercise.

Yeah I did way to much. It was deffinetly a mistake, but I only slightly regret it.

If you wanna try and get your lil bro to do other things try this...Start bringing him out and teaching him social interactions as If it was a video game. RPG video games all have skills that you pump up by using them. Thats the comparasion I made for myself that helped me with a few things. Come to think of it..maybe I will try thinking like that with my current issues with going out and practicing game.

Luscious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I actually prefer not to operate in loud environments. I just find that I can't be bothered with all the noise.

However, you should note that a louder environment will work to reduce the importance of WHAT you say in comparison as to HOW you say it - in other words, body language and kino increase in proportional importance.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This could lead to having to lean in for her to hear you. Close is good ;)

Chosen1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i agree with luscious also if you don't have a loud voice that might not be the place for you if you want to approach go somewhere where there are girls working like at a local a grocery a big one like kroger and start talking if it is crazy **** that's what i don't it gets girls laughing but sometimes when you approach you'll get a *****y type of girl like i'm too good for you or to clean toilets just **** these girls and move on and one day you'll be a big pimp like me