Very jealous/possessive girl in LTR

yogy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hy to all.
I am with this girl for almost 2 years.I do like her very much.She is beautiful/smart/funny,the sex is very good, BUT for the last 5-6 months she is very jealous of every women on this planet.
Every time we go out there is some chick that "is looking at me funny","or wants something from me" or whatever.When we watching TV and there is some girl she changes the channel and looks at me like I want to f..k that chick :trouble: .
When I am surfing the web and there is a picture of a girl or somethnig she starts with questions like "why are you looking at that","all men are pig that want only sex"...all this kind of crazy talk.
And I am in a 50/50 situation: 50-she a realy nice/funny/good looking/smart girl .... and 50- she is just crazy

And my dilema is what to do next.Is she gonna be like this forever,or is this some kind of crisis...What do you think

foomee

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
no i dont think she'll be like this forever. it seems like maybe she has some trust issues. but she does have a high level of interest in you. i'm in the same situation my girlfriend of 2+ years who i'm currently living with gets jealous at almost any girl i talk to. always saying i'm flirting...i probably am. but my advice to you is make it into something fun. she says "why are you looking at that girl" maybe you can say "i'm looking for someone to join our three-some" or something. i'm sure you can think of something funny to say. ignore it for the most part, it'll go away with time. i think all girls go through this phase in ltrs.

eaglez1177

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yogy said:
Hy to all.
I am with this girl for almost 2 years.I do like her very much.She is beautiful/smart/funny,the sex is very good, BUT for the last 5-6 months she is very jealous of every women on this planet.
Every time we go out there is some chick that "is looking at me funny","or wants something from me" or whatever.When we watching TV and there is some girl she changes the channel and looks at me like I want to f..k that chick :trouble: .
When I am surfing the web and there is a picture of a girl or somethnig she starts with questions like "why are you looking at that","all men are pig that want only sex"...all this kind of crazy talk.
And I am in a 50/50 situation: 50-she a realy nice/funny/good looking/smart girl .... and 50- she is just crazy

And my dilema is what to do next.Is she gonna be like this forever,or is this some kind of crisis...What do you think
I think she will definitely continue to be like this. You went out with her for over a year and a half until she finally starting showing her TRUE side (the past 5-6 months of being jealous and possessive). Trust me man, you're going to get extremely sick and tired of this soon...this girl is trying to control you and is very insecure about her relationship, and thus there is probably no trust here either. If she wasnt insecure and trusted you fully, she would not give a sh*t about other girls and stuff.

Just think of what your saying man. This girl is getting mad at you simply because of the way you and other women LOOK at each other. That sounds totally insane to me. This girl is a jealous, insecure, control freak. I highly suggest you next her and free yourself from these chains.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not a good idea to get involved with someone, hoping to change her. People aren't likely to change, at least not in the direction that you're hoping for. It's better to find someone who is what you are looking for.

Myself, I don't mind a bit of jealousy and insecurity, I even like a little bit of it. But this girl sounds a little over the top, especially if she freaks out over some girl on the TV screen.

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There was post much like this a few days ago that I replied to.

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=171165

When dealing with a jealous girlfriend or the girl that doesn't really go out much with her friends, it is imperative that you make sure you build a well balanced level of reassurance and comfort with her. If not, she will start to look for it elsewhere.
Slip her a compliment or two. She is just looking for satisfaction. I know it can get annoying at times, but if you let her feel like she is wanted then this behavior will stop. Unless she really is the crazy type and needs CONSTANT reassurance in which case I would just next her. However you did say you've been dating for 2 years and this behavior has only been a resent thing. Sounds like she is going through a mode where she is feeling insecure and unwanted. Maybe she feels like the relationship is a little unstable right now. It's okay to break the rules a little now and then, show her some affection.

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If compliments etc don't work and you cant get it to quit, you'll have to lose her.

jonnnb

Don Juan
Reaction score
yogy, you should have posted this in the mature man's section. you are 28. assuming that your gf is about the same age or just younger, then i believe the following:

her behaviour is due to the fact that she nows perceives the corrosive passage of time on her skin, on her hips, on her face...
she gazes at under 25yo women, and subconsciously knows she is nolonger the belle of the ball. nolonger the pretty young thing. that the competition is younger than her. her skin cant compete with theirs.

that is what is driving her behaviour, shes having a hard time getting old. as to whether she will accept her fate or become a bitter old woman, only time will tell.

yogy

Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks for replies.

The thing is that this is my first longer then 2 month relationship and some times I think maybe I am freaking out just because I don't have "experrience" with this kind of long commitment.

And the thing is that I am not scared AT ALL to next here,but what if this is how all women act ( in LTR ) ...

Anyways, I'll follow your advices and see what will happen