Values

jhonny9546

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not easy, but having values and goals in a long-term relationship (LTR) is important. The difference between knowing them is that you either live freely without making choices, or you live "freely" by choosing. Any choice we don't make is, in reality, still a choice: not choosing is a choice, and we must accept the consequences.

For this purpose, I have fundamental values and goals that I always "test" and discuss in my relationships.

Fundamental Values
- Respect
- Honesty
- Communication
- Responsibility

Shared Life Goals
- Short-term/Long-term Plans
- Lifestyle
- Family Values

From my personal experience, honesty is the most lacking quality among women, at least among those I've met. I would be very curious to hear how you structure your fundamental values and goals. I'm pretty sure someone here only needs one element for their lifestyle.

DarwinTaurus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was disappointed in the end of my last relationship, in that values, specifically in regards to politics, became an issue. Personally, I didn't care, and I'm on the mindset of agree to disagree, but she couldn't handle that. I'm not going into the specifics of our opposing political beliefs, because I don't believe that discussion is allowed in this forum.

However, coincidentally, just a few days ago, I watched a CNN documentary about Democrat political strategist, James Carville. Interestingly, he got married to a political strategist of the Republican Party. Ironically, they were on opposing campaigns during the 1992 Presidential election. But what I liked about the couple, is when it came to politics, they agreed to disagree, and didn't let it effect their relationship. I wish more people were like that.