Unusual advice

flyinshark

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, here's a great tip. Don't always look your best!

As in, don't always dress with your nicest clothes, don't always put your best perfume, don't always have your hair at its best, wear your glasses instead of contacts, and so on...

When you finally decide to look your best, say for a special occasion, all your friends and relatives will be in admiration of your looks. Needless to say, you will love the feeling!

Apply this to your 1st date with a chick you have known for some time and who has seen you looking "ordinary". Impress the heck outta her on your date, and your chance of success will be higher!

Thank You! Now send me your donations and life savings for such a great post that sure enlightened you!

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i see where oyur comming from, but surely you should try and look good every time, only do the 'speacial effort' thing if doing it really takes a special effort, otherwise you are just going out looking less then you could, which is only going to be a disadvantage.

flyinshark

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by check_mate_kid_uk
i see where oyur comming from, but surely you should try and look good every time, only do the 'speacial effort' thing if doing it really takes a special effort, otherwise you are just going out looking less then you could, which is only going to be a disadvantage.
Yes, yes, true. I am not tryin to say that you should ALWAYS look crappy, hehe.

So let me tweak it a bit more like this: Look crappy from time to time, but not too often either. Just make sure you don't always, and i mean always, look your best.

I know i try to look my best every single day, so this advice is for people like me.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
and how exactly would you do this then? because i also always look my best, i wear my best clothes all the time. I guess the only diffrence between if i was going out with my parents or on a date is that i would make sure i shower and shave on the same day for the latter, either way i sitll put wax on my fringe, and either way i never wear cologne.

flyinshark

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Go out unshaved for a week. Wear your not-so-nice clothes on those days when you feel like not giving a **** about what people might think of your appearance...Stuff like that.

white cloud 8

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This logic I sort of follow by, I go unshaven for a couple of days, I dress down (sometimes its just not important to me), I don't fix my hair (it's short, what I mean is I don't style it). This is just a change up, once you have established a reputation of consistently dressing nice then, you can fall back and change your style every so often (don't remain the same all the time because thats boring).

bbestar

Banned
Reaction score
I thought you do the opposite with ladies

Dress your best all the time, have your hair gelled and all... then on the date,

Dress crappy, and not take a shower..

Makes her think that your not there to impress her, and she thinks she isn't worth being dressed up for.

flyinshark

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by bbestar

Dress your best all the time, have your hair gelled and all... then on the date,

Makes her think that your not there to impress her, and she thinks she isn't worth being dressed up for.
Is that sarcasm?

catch

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by bbestar

yeah, this is actually quite true asswell man, they both work supringly well if you trying to create an impression...

if you can gain her attraction when you look normal then you will usually blow her mind if you lookin hot...
and if your always dressing to impress then she will wonder why if your not trying to impress her, she will start going through those crazy "thinking in depth" stages of attraction...

Wonderbread166

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by catch
yeah, this is actually quite true asswell man, they both work supringly well if you trying to create an impression...

if you can gain her attraction when you look normal then you will usually blow her mind if you lookin hot...
and if your always dressing to impress then she will wonder why if your not trying to impress her, she will start going through those crazy "thinking in depth" stages of attraction...
That's rediculous. Stop thinking so much.

[DoN.2.Da.JUaN]

Don Juan
Reaction score
meh...wise man once told me

"better overdressed than underdressed"