uneven facial tone

david90

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The tone of my face's skin is uneven. My forehead is darker than my some part of my face. Is there a wash I can buy to fix this?

Also, how easily can scars from pimples be removed

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Health & Fitness...

Short of using a bronzer on the light areas (you can pick one up at any tanning salon), I think the only alternative you have is to start tanning. Within a week or two your skin tone will even itself out... As for removing acne scars, I'd also recommend tanning. While it won't remove the scars per se, it will cause them to be far less noticeable than they are now. There are no shortage of online snake oil sellers who will take your money and send you a cream that won't work. Don't buy the stuff off the web. You can't be sure its safe and you are quite likely to end up with something that costs money but doesn't work. The only way that you're going to be able to remove scars is through laser treatment, and even that isn't guaranteed to work. Talk to your doctor if you are really interested in having them removed... until then, start hitting the tanning bed 3 times a week!

italicized text taken from: http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/ate/health/205969.html

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You do realize that has nothing but junk links to different products, right? Some of which promise "GET RID OF YOUR ACNE IN 3 DAYS!". I mean, come on.. if it were THAT easy they'd be making a fortune. The only places where that page even talks about scars is in the page name. No worthwhile advice whatsoever. As said before, don't buy the stuff off the web. You can't be sure its safe and you are quite likely to end up with something that costs money but doesn't work.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diablo
You do realize that has nothing but junk links to different products, right? Some of which promise "GET RID OF YOUR ACNE IN 3 DAYS!". I mean, come on.. if it were THAT easy they'd be making a fortune. The only places where that page even talks about scars is in the page name. No worthwhile advice whatsoever. As said before, don't buy the stuff off the web. You can't be sure its safe and you are quite likely to end up with something that costs money but doesn't work.
I also used to think that way... but those type of products have actually helped alot of my good friends get rid of acne... Now i'm not saying that it will work for everyone, i'm just saying that if you find the right product for YOU ( the individual person) then they CAN help you. And yes, these products are costly... BERY costly... my one friend told me he was spending R1500 per month on it ( he used it for 6 months untill it "cured" him 100%)... so the money issue IS a factor here, but if you DO have the money, and u DO find the right product that works for YOU, then looking into purchasing one of those products IS an option.... But i dont recommend just going and buying any random product, going to a skin doctor or someone that knows what they are doing for a recommendation would be wise to do before hand;)

Laterz...

affliction

Don Juan
Reaction score
Removing acne scars is best done through a laser resurfacing process. The best candidates for this are people with very light skin. It's also very expensive. It can easily get up to around $5k. I'm hoping to have it done some day when I have enough cash laying around.

It's important to shop around too. The results of laser resurfacing depend on the skill of the doctor. Make sure they've got some history.

I've been considering trying to convince a doctor to perform the laser resurfacing on me & then billing it at as something else. Insurance doesn't cover vanity procedures. I don't think they'd go for that though. :D

DeathDealer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
acne scars can only be cleared up through surgery or you can try to minimize the appearance physically by spending a couple hundred on facial microscrub treatments which you can get at high end beauty salons.

sfalexi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going through a laser acne surgery right now. Not resurfacing, but I'm using the cooltouch system which shrinks the sebacious glands (the oily root gland). Since I've begun treatment, my skin has evened out a little and I have not had any breakouts. I'm five months in and have about two left to go.

However this is more for stopping the acne than taking care of the scars. I'll also be looking into the resurfacing project in the future.

BTW, for me, nothing else worked. Tried everything on the market. Not even five treatments of accutane worked.

Alexi

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is there something you can do about big pores.

Ever since being an acne ridden teen, my mega blackheaded pores never really shrunk back.

To be honest it's no big deal but I notice it.

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i dont know if they still do this but, i had a co-worker in her 50's or 60's?

when she was a kid, she had horrible scarring due to zits. her mom took her to a skin doctor ( i think) and skinned her face, of course she would have to cont' this process as each time the skin grew back. over the course of a few months her face was as good as new. now in her old age her face looks pretty damn smooth.

you could ask your gynecologist about this

unfortunatley scarring gets worse with age, as i notice this in my bro's face already

MasterPlayer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Vitamin a (0.1%) acid also called retin removes scarring due from acne and other dark spots. U need a perscription usually to get the 0.1% (stronger version), otherwise ur stuck with 0.01% version. Anyways it works like a charm, by peeling the layers off the skin slowly on the spots u applied it. U'll notice a difference after a month or so.