Ultimate DLV

B

BlueAlpha1

Learned a lesson last week men. I was on vacation in Florida, shopping in a store browsing at some clothes. Spotted an HB8 nearby and grabbed a borderline sweater. Tried it on and asked her about the fit...

What followed was a one hour long conversation with laughter, a description of my blog (one thing I did well was tell a good "story", essentially selling my blog's central thesis with some life experiences - she ate that up), and a few sexual innuendos.

When I went for the number close, I got the "I have a boyfriend" test. I busted her nuts on it a little, to the extent she went to the back to get her phone and came back to me on her break and show me photos on Facebook. My mistake? Never insult the boyfriend. She immediately stormed off.

That being said, I would feel extremely uncomfortable with a girl who would chat up a guy in a store she works at for an hour. Enormous red flag.

Lesson learned.

B

BlueAlpha1

Masuer, wouldn't you find though that many women actually can't even be bothered with that now? In other words, having a flirty conversation even if they're not down to bang, because it's a human connection?

It seems like the majority of girls give you an attitude because you've distracted her from her iPhone. Such a sad state of affairs.

logicallefty

Reaction score
HB: I have a boyfriend

DJ: Oh OK here is my number give it to him. Have him call me when you guys split if he wants a great wingman.

B

BlueAlpha1

I'm not hating on this girl. It was a pleasant conversation, and insulting the boyfriend is a ridiculous thing to do.

She was friendly and had a sense of humor. It was vastly better than trying to chat up one of these smartphone zombies.

Evzone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jeffy and Alex from RSD call this "getting used for your personality." A way to help prevent this is to be a bit more overtly sexual from the get-go, so they know what the deal is and that this isn't a platonic interaction. You'll lose some sets faster, but those sets were going nowhere anyway.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"You have a boyfriend? This is your lucky day... Now you can have two!"

I've used that in the past to great effect but I'm not sure if it's too old school these days.

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BlueAlpha1 said:
That being said, I would feel extremely uncomfortable with a girl who would chat up a guy in a store she works at for an hour. Enormous red flag.
I find it amusing when young guys here think that, just because a woman has a boyfriend, it somehow means she can't even have friendly chats with other men. I suppose they should be wearing veils as well?

It's endlessly interesting to see the fear of cuckoldry in young men play out here. I think it's genetic. But it lessens as you age. You stop taking yourself quite so seriously.

To be quick, this chick never had any sexual interest in you. I'm sure this scenario has played out exactly this way dozens, if not hundreds of times for her.

Read and learn:

http://matingmarket.wordpress.com/2011/11/15/dont-hit-on-women-who-are-paid-to-be-nice-to-you/

B

BlueAlpha1

I find it amusing that people who have somehow accumulated about a trillion posts on a forum don't read before they reply. Did you not see the part where I talked about sexual innuendos? To clarify, I'm talking about 2 penis jokes that she made.

Your talk of cuckoldry in this context is babble. I was talking about was a mistake in the pickup I made where I negged the boyfriend. But I'll entertain your babble for a moment.

Given your ungodly post count, I'm surprised you don't know most guys on here would tell you that a taken girl supposed to be working, who gets distracted for an hour by a guy and begins to tell sex jokes is indirectly showing a degree of disrespect for her man.

I'll check out that blog you linked up, and return the favor to you! If you're trying to be a bit more productive with your spare time why don't you check out my signature and learn a little yourself!