Ugly Guy Game: A Hypothetical Situation

Chimera

Don Juan
Reaction score
You are an ugly man. That is, maybe you're not ugly in the traditional sense, but ugly in such a way that all women, by default, are simply not attracted to you by virtue of sight. They are not, however, repulsed by you and will interact with you as they would any guy that they're not into. This cannot be changed by any physical or material means, so even at you're absolute best, it's always the same. Fitness, grooming, or any other physical modifiers are all irrelevant. Your level of attractiveness is completely set in stone.Getting them drunk or drugged up won't make anything better either, so that's out of the question too.

How does this change your game? Is this a wall or a door for you? Is "game" really enough to compensate for a bad look?

Also, this isn't so much personal as it is me being curious about what this whole "attraction" thing really means to people and how much they depend on certain aspects of it.

Last edited:

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chimera said:
You are an ugly man. That is, maybe you're not ugly in the traditional sense, but ugly in such a way that all women, by default, are simply not attracted to you by virtue of sight. They are not, however, repulsed by you and will interact with you as they would any guy that they're not into. This cannot be changed by any physical or material means, so even at you're absolute best, it's always the same. Fitness, grooming, or any other physical modifiers are all irrelevant. Your level of attractiveness is completely set in stone.Getting them drunk or drugged up won't make anything better either, so that's out of the question too.

How does this change your game? Is this a wall or a door for you? Is "game" really enough to compensate for a bad look?

Also, this isn't so much personal as it is me being curious about what this whole "attraction" thing really means to people and how much they depend on certain aspects of it.
the whole attraction thing is not set in stone, you can improve upon yourself to become more attractive.

the hypothetical situation is irrelevant since the whole aim of this site is about improving yourself - all of the above can be worked on. Even drastic measures like surgery - though i wouldn't reccommend this route.

if you really are that unhappy with the way you look - improve on what you can.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think game can fix not being visually attractive to the girl with today's hypergamous female. Mostly at best, being a good talker would get you friends and less harsh rejections. From there you might be able to use a social circle to play into a relationship with a girl of modest looks herself.

I think only great wealth, fame, or power would nullify being unattractive. Like being a famous musician, actor, athlete or CEO etc. which is harder to do if you're not good looking. But even here, you would be working within a wealthy high status social circle and the groupie women. Some women will date and marry a guy for money and status alone. It would be better if she was also physically attracted to you, but I guess it's better than never having any woman.

Game really only helps if you have the minimum required looks level. The problem is this standard is quite high even for HB1 today. Attraction for females may not be based all on looks but even personality and game is subjectively perceived mostly on appearance.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I agree. When I said there is no "game" for ugly guys, I meant there are no verbal techniques.

The non-game things a hypothetical ugly guy can do have been discussed.

1. Get jacked. It will bump up your looks somewhat.

2. Try to get the coolest hairstyle you can if you have all your hair. That can bump up your looks too.

2. Make more money.

3. If you can, try to have a social circle. Looks are still key, but chicks that would have otherwise rejected you might POSSIBLY consider you for second tier looks type (relationship) dating if you aren't fugly AND you are a friend of their friend(s).

4. Drastically lower your standards and go for much older or fatter or single moms.

So there is no "game" for these guys, just ways to lower the difference between your value and hers.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
In the absence of a social circle, have some niche hobby to meet women and build a circle.

I'm taking ballroom dancing. Dancing, like game, does not make an ugly guy hot. But if you do find a female in your class that likes your type, then being good at something will increase the attraction.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
Being a realist, game as an ugly guy is not gonna make him a hunk or a millionaire. These are the best things he can do.

1. Get muscular.

2. Get plastic surgery to fix them problems.

3. Become a millionaire.

4. Drastically lower his standards. (Sadly with all the male desperation going on these days, this is the least helpful option).

5. Get a social circle.

NobodyCares1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
SoSuave666 said:
All else equal, the very attractive man who keeps his mouth shut beats out the very ugly man with good game. The grey area inbetween is what should be discussed, not extremes. Bottom line is good looks are important. So is game. Your game needs to be inversely related to your looks. Obviously a less attractive male needs more game. Like I said, a great looking guy can go out and simply keep his mouth shut and gain attraction from women.
Not completely true, I am good looking and in my AFC days when I kept my mouth shut I got no girls whatsoever. Maybe you can get attraction but that's nothing because 99,99% of girls won't approach you and even if you get to know them but don't talk they won't want to have anything with you.

But the guly guy who approaches 1000 girls will get one eventually.

Of course it's better to be good looking with not so good game than ugly with great game, but only for ONS. Because the good looking guy without good game will fail the active test in relationship, while the ugly guy with game won't.

thevilittletroll

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
looks are not that important. if you are ugly and have good game you will only weed out the shallow girls who are only into guys for their good looks. those are not the type of girls you want anyway.

guys are attracted to physical traits, most girls are attracted to emotional traits. thats what game is all about is to trigger those emotional responses in women. if you get good at that your game will be strong.

there are ways to mask ugly looks. grooming, hair style, cool clothes, peacock accessories, nice shoes. we all know that working out is good for you but its not good advice to just tell someone to get buff. if your already fat it will take years to acheive. its not very realistic. work out to get healthy and stay healthy and improve your body. work on your body as you work on your game. there is no magic pill for game or to get a great body.

NobodyCares1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
SoSuave666 said:
Eh, I find that good looking men get approached. Not in the conventional way you might think. Accidental contact...a group of girls dacing very closely around you...girls ordering drinks next to you at the bar...these types of things. Also, they get approached in the regular sense as well, usually the ugliest one comes out first to test the waters (sent by her friends) before the hot ones come in and clean up. What would be passive approaches for males are normal approaches for women.

Our definition of approach is simply different.
Well I don't notice these things so much, probably because they don't happen so often. I mean yes I got a makeout just by eye contact and then grabbing her around the waist from behind while dancing. And I got approached in the sense that I introduced myself to three girls, didn't even talk to them and then one of them texted me on facebook, another one texted me too about a week later. But that's not the approach in the conventional sense because I had to be the one to make the first move anyway.

I get it that looks help a huge deal, but I'd say look is most important in cold approaches. Ugly guys shuldn't do cold approaches, I mean those really ugly, they should get to know girls through their social cirlce.

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When you are good looking girls will give you better eye contact. I swear I can walk to a venue and the girls will give me looks like they want me. Once I make that eye contact its game on. (Or at least it was when I wasn't serious about a relationship).

pinkfl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Mike32ct said:
In the absence of a social circle, have some niche hobby to meet women and build a circle.

I'm taking ballroom dancing. Dancing, like game, does not make an ugly guy hot. But if you do find a female in your class that likes your type, then being good at something will increase the attraction.

This is very true and good advice.
I would date a guy that was a good swing dancer even if he wasn't normally my type physically, and if his personality is decent then I would be able to look past his looks.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
pinkfl said:
This is very true and good advice.
I would date a guy that was a good swing dancer even if he wasn't normally my type physically, and if his personality is decent then I would be able to look past his looks.
But the question is just how much looks would you look past? And how good looking are you?

A lot of girls claim they are "looking past a guys looks" when his looks were/should be more than adequate anyway. Ie, she is a 5 and he is a 5-6, and she is only looking past his looks not being a 7-8 or higher that she usually lusts for. Women claim being in a relationship with a guy they are looks matched with is "looking past his looks".

Most of personality is really looks or appearance based anyway-body language, nonverbals, style etc.

floydb25

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NobodyCares1 said:
Not completely true, I am good looking and in my AFC days when I kept my mouth shut I got no girls whatsoever. Maybe you can get attraction but that's nothing because 99,99% of girls won't approach you and even if you get to know them but don't talk they won't want to have anything with you.

But the guly guy who approaches 1000 girls will get one eventually.

Of course it's better to be good looking with not so good game than ugly with great game, but only for ONS. Because the good looking guy without good game will fail the active test in relationship, while the ugly guy with game won't.
Gotta call crap on this one. I used to be super shy, anti-social, reserved, etc, and still had lots of women. This was only possible with them approaching, because I was too shy and insecure to approach anyone. I was also king AFC, but women were still extremely interested... until the nice guy traits became too much.

Of course, there are varying degrees of good looking. I knew attractive guys who still had to approach, and all that stuff. They werent rejected often when they did. But when youre in "super hot / pretty boy" status, you dont have to do jack **** - except leave your house. But, you can still **** up if youre too insecure, weak, annoying, etc. Most women still want sex with you, though... At least for a while.

Game is still important, and sky rockets their interest. Thats why a lot of unavailable / challenging / picky / stuck up hot girls have men fawning all over them. Theyre hot AND attractive in other ways. That makes people go nuts. Theyre already infatuated - then they become obsessed. Ive seen this happen / experienced it both ways.

If you have no game, and too much of an AFC / NG, youre still going to lose. But with so many options, its easier to practice / develop yourself, and not care about the outcome.