Two random questions about women...

RedPill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1) Why do some women - most notably women who are reasonably attractive and well dressed - hang sh1t from the rear-view mirror of their car? I swear it's some sort of subconscious sign they're giving off that they are looking to mate... a female display of sorts somehow carried forward from our days as animals in the wild.

2) Why do many women, especially married women, cut their hair short (above the shoulders)? On a few select women it can be cute, but 9.9 times out of 10 it is not. It makes them markedly less attractive. Do women who do this not get that, or are they intentionally trying to be less attractive?

darkstarrr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dancing with the Devil by the pale moonlight.
RedPill said:
1) Why do some women - most notably women who are reasonably attractive and well dressed - hang sh1t from the rear-view mirror of their car? I swear it's some sort of subconscious sign they're giving off that they are looking to mate... a female display of sorts somehow carried forward from our days as animals in the wild.

2) Why do many women, especially married women, cut their hair short (above the shoulders)? On a few select women it can be cute, but 9.9 times out of 10 it is not. It makes them markedly less attractive. Do women who do this not get that, or are they intentionally trying to be less attractive?
Interesting questions that drove you to post about..

1. I once hung dice from my rear view mirror when I was 19. I'm not a woman. I did it because it made me feel "cool" at the time. I think that is perhaps why some women do it, too. I think it is subjective. For some it could mean something, for others they just hang shit like I did once.

2. The short hair thing baffles me too. One of my exes is a hair stylist (Cosmetologist as she likes to word it) - and I swear some of these women babble all fucking day and dye their hair week in and week out. All those chemicals on their noggens can't be good for the health! Anyways my point is that they cut their hair, and for some of them they feel so good when they are in there - like therapy appointments where they just babble it all out. So they come back for more 2 weeks later. We're only going to trim less than an inch. Next thing you know the woman's hair looks like the woman in the Sound of Music. I duno just an example.

Who knows. Some of them do it because it is convenient I think. I personally do not like it.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Think about this. You see a hot girl, you get horny, all you think about is boffing her. So you try all technques, consciously and unconsciously to deliver the semen. As soon as you blow your load, your "pursuing impulse" shuts off, and your thoughts suddenly shift to reading the paper, or see what's on ESPN, or getting another beer from the fridge.

Girls see getting married, or hooking up in a serious relationship with a decent bloke in the same light. Going up to the event, they are in preconscious "attraction mode" and do anything and everything to maximize the attention they get from ALL men. Wear hot clothes, hang crap from their rear view mirror, everything is done (mostly subconsciously) to attract male attention. Remeber, males pursue, females attract.

Once they are in a relationship which meets their fundamental needs,(the female version of blowing their load) their "attraction impulse" is shut off. Which of course makes them spend less effort looking and acting like they did when they were in "attraction mode." girl marries hot girl, and she suddenly becomes not so hot.

Of course if their in a relationship, and for whatever reason their fundamental evolutionarily programmed needs stop being met, their "attraction impulse" AUTOMATICALLY TURNS BACK ON.

Now imagine when you chased a girl for a while, got her in the sack and realized she wasn't "all that". You were pissed, right? No biggie, though, cause you can always to get another one.

Now you can imagine the bitterness a women feels when she's been told her life to be a good girl and get married, only to find that it isn't "all that." Compound that with the fact that by the time she realizes that it isn't "all that" she is saddled with kids, an AFC husband, and quickly deteriorating looks.

Be glad your male.

piranha45

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1) women are hypersocial/hypercommunicative by default. silly attempts at self-expression are to be expected.
2) I disagree with your hair length+attractiveness opinion on number two. In any case, since they have a stable relationship, it can certainly be expected that a woman will have less motivation to impress others.

window

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hair for women is a major symbol of their femininity and sexuality. Once they have babies and reach 40 etc they cut it off...literally !

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"1) Why do some women - most notably women who are reasonably attractive and well dressed - hang sh1t from the rear-view mirror of their car? I swear it's some sort of subconscious sign they're giving off that they are looking to mate... a female display of sorts somehow carried forward from our days as animals in the wild."

I think you've nailed it.

That or its just some stupid sh!t that women do because there is no more explanation to it than the female mind enjoys that sort of thing.

Similar to how most men enjoy watching football or pro wrestling because that appeals to the male mind for whatever reason and women in turn may look at that sort of thing and consider that stupid sh!t that they can't figure out why men like it as their female brains can't comprehend it much like ours once again cannot comprehend their love of stupid sh!t hanging from their car windows.

"2) Why do many women, especially married women, cut their hair short (above the shoulders)? On a few select women it can be cute, but 9.9 times out of 10 it is not. It makes them markedly less attractive. Do women who do this not get that, or are they intentionally trying to be less attractive?"

They do it because in their minds they've now secured a husband who is not going to divorce them anytime soon or so they think so then they do what they want to do with their appearance and let themselves go in any number of ways from becoming out of shape to wearing jogging clothes to cutting their hair short. All are things that occur in the AFC marriage.

Rollo has pretty much said to prevent this sort of thing from happening a man must always create a healthy competition anxiety in his marriage or relationship or even when you simply have a fvck buddy scenario with some chick going as without competition there is no desire for a woman to be at her best and most pleasing to a man.

Certainty where you think the other person will always be with you no matter what in the case of various types of relationships breeds laziness so if the man can make it clear to his woman that he is going to always keep himself in physical shape, keep his game sharp, keep himself well dressed and overall attractive and likeable to the opposite sex and keep himself a sociably viable commodity as well let his woman know in some way that she can easily be replaced if she stops holding up her end of the bargain in the relationship that sends the message to her that hey my man is on point so I better stay on point as well if I want to keep him.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
RedPill said:
I have often wondered this myself. I think most women know intuitively that long hair is more attractive to men.

I think the ones who do cut it short don't get it doesn't look good, but they figure it out eventually. Or, maybe their friends tell them it looks super-cute when in reality it does not.

The main reason I think married women tend to do is because they dont need to look sexy all the time anymore, and it's easier to take care of short hair as opposed to long hair. It's not often you see a young single girl with really short hair.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I work with a guy who "decided he needed to get married" about a year and a half ago. When he took the job with us he relocated to a pretty nice home here in Orlando, but when he got married (after doing the online dating thing) his wife didn't want to live in his old house, so he bought another. He's fairly wealthy as it is, so he bought the second home and rented the first one to one of my staff, Trisha. She's an attractive girl and became pretty good friends with his new wife.

One day they're talking about the gym that's really close by. Trisha was saying how cool it was to be close so she could get her work outs in. My buddy's wife then says "Oh, I cancelled my membership about a month ago" (which was a month after their honeymoon), "I don't really need it anymore" then she giggled and says "Is that bad of me? Hee hee,.."

I'm thinking my buddy's ƒucked,..

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha....Tom Leykis used to talk about women cutting their hair short after they get married. I'm sure you can guess he wasn't talking about how much more attractive it made them....

As far as the mirror thing goes I think it's the same as women with KEYCHAINS.

Do you really need to carry around a dozen "I am b!tch, hear me roar" charms, a stuffed animal, four plastic thingys that have no use whatsoever, three different vehicle remotes, keys to the house they lived in in third grade, and an 18 ounce canister of mace?

Yea, women are stupid.

Mr. Me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do some women - most notably women who are reasonably attractive and well dressed - hang sh1t from the rear-view mirror of their car?
Because cars don't come with lots of closets.

Why do many women, especially married women, cut their hair short (above the shoulders)? On a few select women it can be cute, but 9.9 times out of 10 it is not.
Because after getting married, 9.9 out of 10 women get to hate their husbands and make themselves unattractive so he'll leave them alone. Also see: "Why do women get fat after marriage?"

Tazman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maintaining a feminine, attractive appearance takes "effort". As it's been mentioned, they may get comfortable and no longer feel the need to put in the same effort. Maintaining short hair, which most of us can vouch for, is "easy". I've literally been told this by a few women (my mother and aunt included).

Da Realist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. Women always need to express their individuality just like everyone else...

2. Actually the haircut thing is subjective. You may like long hair while another guy like its short. Me, it has to be just right so I can grab it. Also, I've noticed how women like to change their homes around to fit how they feel, so why is hair any different? They may just want a new look to see if you notice.

CptnFantastic

Reaction score
Tazman said:
Maintaining a feminine, attractive appearance takes "effort". As it's been mentioned, they may get comfortable and no longer feel the need to put in the same effort. Maintaining short hair, which most of us can vouch for, is "easy". I've literally been told this by a few women (my mother and aunt included).
There will always be a tendency to relax and let your game slip once you're seeing a woman regularly. It's a candle that burns from both ends.

The real game is knowing how to keep a woman consistently motivated to please you, and go further and further for you. You have to learn to keep a woman on her toes and drive in her the desire to improve.

From a leadership point of view it's a balancing act. On the one hand you do want the woman to feel the pressure to be at her best and sexiest behavior, and on the other hand you have to make sure that you don't go overboard with it. There's a fine line between being a good leader and being an overly demanding jerk.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My wife looks great with short hair.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I said something about this in a thread somewhere like last week. I don't know why you guys are talking about just married women. There are a ton of girls with short hair and they don't even have a boyfriend often. In their sick minds they really do think it's cute and their friends say it's cute and when they see other women they think their short hair is cute too.

Short hair is terrible. I've told girlfriends if they cut their hair short that I'd dump them. I can't help if a 10 becomes a 6 and my boner becomes a missing person when they cut their hair.

RedPill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Looks like the hair question is more discussion-worthy...

It seems that there are a few guys here who dig the short hair, but that most guys prefer the long-haired species of women. Not that the question really has to do with personal preferences, but it could probably be distilled to this:

Do many women, intentionally or subconsciously, make themselves less sexually attractive once they feel they've secured provisioning/exclusivity and no longer have to remain competitive?

Of those who haven't secured these needs, will they do this as a mechanism to ward off the advances of men they don't think they need or deserve?

Rollo Tomassi said:
My buddy's wife then says "Oh, I cancelled my membership about a month ago" (which was a month after their honeymoon), "I don't really need it anymore" then she giggled and says "Is that bad of me? Hee hee,.."

I'm thinking my buddy's ƒucked,..
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that there are a thousand more stories like this should anyone else feel like posting them.

Colossus said:
The main reason I think married women tend to do is because they dont need to look sexy all the time anymore, and it's easier to take care of short hair as opposed to long hair.
Is it enough to simply take care of yourself and have your proverbial 'sh1t' together so that you carry some masculine market power, or is this an unavoidable consequence of monogamy?

KontrollerX said:
Certainty where you think the other person will always be with you no matter what in the case of various types of relationships breeds laziness so if the man can make it clear to his woman that he is going to always keep himself in physical shape, keep his game sharp, keep himself well dressed and overall attractive and likeable to the opposite sex and keep himself a sociably viable commodity as well let his woman know in some way that she can easily be replaced if she stops holding up her end of the bargain in the relationship that sends the message to her that hey my man is on point so I better stay on point as well if I want to keep him.
The bolded is probably the crux (among other reasons) why I can never envision myself getting married, at least not below a certain threshold of wealth and status. How is one supposed to let her know she could be easily replaced, if she can't be easily replaced? I think the 'my domain, my rules' frame has to be premised from the beginning in order to successfully maintain competitive anxiety for the duration of the relationship. For people without the wherewithal to congruently establish this premise (most people), it's quite difficult to have any measure of control over whether or not she chooses to exercise her 'option of laziness' down the road.