Two methods to become a better speaker... Have you guys ever attempted them?

Shivastorm_88

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My first choice is to join a Toastmaster club, which is an orginzation all about public speaking

My second choice is to take a few improvisation classes

Opinions on either?

youngmack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I tried to join a toastmaster but that specific club said that i had to be 18 or older. Do you know if you have to be 18+ for all other clubs?

But i do think toastmaster is the best option right now

Asterisk

Don Juan
Reaction score
wow, I had no idea public speaking was adults only....... :woo:

youngmack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Asterisk said:
wow, I had no idea public speaking was adults only....... :woo:
Yeah bro this sh1t sucks. and i just called and they said ALL toastmasters clubs you have to be 18+. WTF is that? Now i dont know how am i gona get over this fear of public speaking man

Flounder

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was in speech and debate in highschool. I had pee-your-pants stage fright and I mumbled bad, so I was pretty awful and the coach knew I was dead weight, but I did it for two years.

What helped me get over the fear of public speaking was singing at open mics with my guitar. Now I can talk to 10,000 people if I wanted to. I think I discovered my inner attention *****.

btownbuck2012

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
stand up comedy.

I've done stand up comedy 10 times in my life. 5 times in Chicago, two times in South Bend, Indiana, 2 times in Indianapolis, and once in Washington, DC.

It is the rawest form of entertainment. Just a dude and a mic. I plan to pursue stand up comedy once I can save up enough cash to move back out to NYC.

As far as becoming a better public speaker, it's the ballsiest thing to try. In fact, it's so nerve wracking that ANYONE whom I found out has ever tried stand up at LEAST 1 time, just once, has my utmost respect forever.

Now a-lot of you are probably thinking "F*CK THAT" that would be too hard.

Well guess what, the reason I've pursued stand up comedy is because of how shy and introverted I was growing up. I've always been fascinated with it, but it's almost like since I was so bad at it growing up, I'm going to prove to myself that I can be one of the best at it. IF that makes sense...

JohnnyStorm

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've always wanted to try toastmasters, has anyone ever been?