to tan or not to tan

tanning?

• I do it or see no problems with guys doing it?

Votes: 29 63.0%
  • I do it but don't tell anybody

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • It's stupid and I think it's gay

Votes: 11 23.9%

• Total voters

topdog3853

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo I figured I would try a little different poll here. My question is do you guys like to go tanning? Now I know it has always been a girl thing for the most part, but I just started going about a month or two ago and I like doing. [Obviously only in the winter]. I mean I have had compliments about it and things so I was wondering what everyone here thought about it?

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't see how it's any different from putting gel in your hair or getting your teeth fixed with braces.

Zelemont

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have tanned 3 times in the past week because I am going to Florida tommarow.

Other guys are like "eww dude you tan? That's gay."

And I just say "Better than looking like your pasty white ass..."

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I tan, and although I don't run around telling everyone. If people ask me about it, I admit it tho. And people at the gym see me going to the tanning bed, anyway.

I haven't gotten any bad remarks on it. Only a couple chicks asking me where I'd gone on vacation. Many of my friends do it anyway.

I agree with shiftkey, too.

Mr. Mystery

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was gonna start, but I girl I know just got skin cancer which the doctors attribute to tanning...

Don't want to scare anyone, just a heads up.

Mr. Mystery

Dell SkyCat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
TopDog I tan. It does make you look thinner and healthier. You'll look better compared to your whiter bro's. Nothing Evil with a guy tanning. Believe it or not, i often go with self tanners.

Don't you get your hands orange and end up looking like someone streaked you with turpentine?

The key is to apply the self-tan lotion in a circular motion and not up and down ( That causes streaks) It's always best to find the ones closer to your natural skin tone and just re-apply more if you want a darker tan. Meaning if your Pale as Madonna, then extreme deep-dark lotion may not be for you. Medium on the other hand...can. About tanning beds, my co-worker got skin cancer like that...and she still goes tanning anyway :confused: Tanning beds give off more UV light. I
ll post that link when i find it again. I find that's a safer alternative to the beds.:D

It's cheaper too. But then again the sun is free.

topdog3853

Don Juan
Reaction score
What up Dell,

Thanks for the info. I have heard the horror stories about the problems with skin cancer from tanning beds. I mean its not something that I plan on making too much of a habit. As you know this winter was f***in brutal in the Northeast and I got sick of everything on my body being as bright as my a$$. I kind of worry about those tanning creams, don't know if I would ever try that man, I had a buddy whose girlfriend turned orange because of that.

chim_chim

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dell SkyCat:

How often do you have to reapply the lotion? And how long does it take each time?

Dell SkyCat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Chim_Chim

When applying the lotion it usually takes no more than 10 minutes. However, it's recommended to wait atleast 3 hours for it 2 really 'sink in'. As for re-applying: 3 days is a good 'touch up'
4-6 days if you want it to fade completely.

Peace

chim_chim

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I might have to try it. I'm just about as white as casper, but I don't tan easily and I don't want to get skin cancer.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dell which type do you use and where did you get it? I tried one by Coppertone for about $10 at a drug store. Makes my hands orange and has a strong oder (not unpleasant, but I'd prefer no oder). It lasts only 1 day for the full color, and keeps a little color the second day, but I still have to reapply every day to notice a difference.

Duff

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Apparently tanning in sun beds ages your skin!

Im not sure if its as bad as the sun, but my advice would be just to get full advantage of the sun when it is out and shinning.
AND
not to wear tanning lotion, i think that makes you look a bit insecure and trying to hard, but then again its safer.

_Machiavelli_

Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you guys serious about tanning beds causing cancer???

But that's due to a regular use of it isn't it? i mean, if you use it for 3 sessions of 12 or 16 minutes or so you don't get cancer just like that or do you?

Geezzz, that's creppy stuff.

Peace out

Machiavelli

Templeton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by *new*
tanning bed + guy = GAY
I thought having a guy stick his c0ck in ya ass or vice versa was gay. Looks like you learn something everyday.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Machiavelli, you get it from continued use, just like continued tanning in the sun.

New, if you've done anything to improve your appearance whether it's hair gel, braces, or even nicer clothes - you're a hypocrite.

Ares:God Of War

Don Juan
Reaction score
Theres these things called "Tan-Towlets" I heard they work really good. Its a lil towellete you rub on. Do a search.