To pay or Not to pay? (for the date)

Swoop

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have heard different advices on this issue. Tom Lycus (spelling?) once said don't pay for the date, or else she'll expect you to pay all the time and if you don't pay it seperates you from all the normal chumps. Of course, girls expects you to pay since you are the one who ask them out. I can't imagine not paying for the date. One week ago, my friend and I went on this sorta double date and we split the bill. The girls were caught off guard since they expected us to pay and one of the girl didnt have money. It was an awkward situation.

So what is your take on this issue? Pay or Not pay?

JimmyZ

Don Juan
Reaction score
Offer to pay, if she wants to pay, let her pay....

But once in a while say something like: "So I heard you're taking me out on the town..." Or somthing to that effect....

That's what I do....

AmIAFC

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I always split, or if we're going to two different places, she treats me to the first spot, I'll treat her on the second. For movies, I can buy the ticket, while she pays for the popcorn/drinks/candy.

I mean, why pay for her bill? Having you as company should be reward enough in her eyes. What, I gotta pay for her meal and movie ticket as "insurance" in case I'm a bad date or something? :rolleyes:

Gonzalo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This has been brought up several times, and as far as I remember, a consensus was never reached. The way I think about it is: if you "invite" her or ask her out, then at least be prepared to pay. If I ask her out, I pay, unless she offers and insists that she wants to pay her half.

If she at least doesn't offer to pay, I make a mental note that the girl isn't all that great (this type WILL expect you to pay next time). If though I usually pay, I like to know if they're out to get a free dinner or if they actually care. Hope that helps.

G

Swoop

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I wonder if you do not pay for the date, what type of impression does it leave the girl? Is it a positive or negative one?

Gonzalo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, you care too much about what she thinks. Stop that.

But, if you must know, many a girl will think you're a cheapass if you don't offer to pay. The classy girls will offer to pay their half, though.

OneArmDeeJay

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It’s Tom Leykis

Hellooooooooooo Tom!

I believe he also said not to spend no more then $40 dollars on a date.

Go to his website at www.blowmeuptom.com for details.

OneArmDeeJay

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

Originally posted by Swoop
. Of course, girls expects you to pay since you are the one who ask them out.
And that’s wrong thinking.

. I can't imagine not paying for the date.
Yes you can because it's possible.

. One week ago, my friend and I went on this sorta double date and we split the bill. The girls were caught off guard since they expected us to pay and one of the girl didnt have money. It was an awkward situation.
That was wrong for them to do that. Typical mucher hos.

I just hoped you got something out of it other then "It was fun hope to do it again sometime, night."

----------------------

Look man if you don't want to be spending a lot of money then don't.

Do action dates.

There are a lot of things to do with out costing a whole lot of money in fact some are actually free.

But if you want dinner then there are some tips on how to do that use the search feature

Kaliffoo

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been dating this girl for 6 months now, and when we started going out I paid for the first 2 dates...then on the 3rd she offered to pay for everything. Once in a while she calls me up and tells me she's "taking me out" meaning she's paying for everything. I really dont care either way, but its the thought that counts to me.

wheelin&dealin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The answer is... act as if you don't give a sh*t. If you're at a restaurant and the bill comes. Let it sit there for a minute or two and if she doesn't do anything then lay some cash down(like you could care less) and then leave.

**Don't be one of those washouts that always tries to pay for her even if she offers**

You'll look like an gutless wonder. If she wants to pay then let her. If she doesn't then you pay.

Here's a tip for paying:

Carry a $5, $10 and a few $20 bills. This way you have everything covered no matter what the bill is. If the date is $10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60... You'll have it covered by the correct denominations. And also leave a respectable tip.

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The other day I took a chick to the theatre (despite common thought, it really wasn't too bad as part of a first date).

Anyway, movies are expensive, and I did NOT want to pay. Rather than waste time and energy mentioning it, I just jumped in front of her, asked for a ticket of one, and then let her go. Little rough, but it worked out well.

mad|cow

Don Juan
Reaction score
For stuff like movie, dinner, etc I always pay, thats just how I was brought up. However if its something like a club admission, or tickets to a football game, or something that is largely social and not just 'me and her' its usually a split thing.

I think to girls this is also largely how they are brought up though, there are girls that like it both ways. Stick to what you feels right in that certain situation.

Dr Box

Don Juan
Reaction score
I usually pay when I take them out, but having said that we only really go to coffe or something else cheap, so you look like a tight ass if you get her to pay half for some thing that costs less then $10. Otherwise I have had women take me out to dinner and pay for me!!! but then we went some where else for dessert and I paid.