Tips and Tricks on Killing Oneitis.

Click Here

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey everybody I hear alot of talk about guys and there oneitis problems and I am going through a similar situation with my ex. I wanted to start a thread to help guys kill there oneitis. I am broken up for about a month and a half with my ex and I'm doing fine but ocassionally shell call me or I'll see her and the feelings come back somewhat =/.

I hope to get some informative info on how some of you guys got over your oneitis's etc.

Ser_i

Don Juan
Reaction score
dive into your hobbies, work out a lot, make sure you are bussy with either work/ school/ fitness or with other women...

don't let her get to you.. I'm in the same ****.. I couldn't leave her alone the first 2 months.. I finally accepted this Don Juan stuff and now she's after me and can't leave me alone..

What do you want with her ? you want her back... be a "nice guy"

you don't want her back ? be a "nice guy"

you'll either scare her off or get her back...

what do YOU want ?

whoopsie.. edit: actualy beign with other women makes up for a lot :D

Click Here

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not very attracted to other women yet.. u know how it goes, only sexually. I've met around 5-6 girls in the month and a half and hung out with them and its went quite well actually but no ones intellectually sparked me thus far. I'm just tryin new things and meetin new people u know how that goes.

PEACEDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know what you mean. Back about a year ago with my oneitis, I couldn't get her out of my mind! There was so many things I did with her (Keep in mind this was my stage of becomming a DJ so I knew basics) that, after we were done, even the little things started reminding me of her. Also, she was a very popular girl and so most of every AFC and her females friends would mention her and that would strike back all the memories.. man I hated that :mad: .

I think no matter what you do; get indepth with your hobbies, keep yourself busy, etc. etc... there is nothing like time that'll heal things. Really think about it, lets say your working out and she walks in the same gym or her name gets mentioned... I don't think you'll just forget about her in that second? Let time do its thing and in the meanwhile, enjoy w/e you can.

Boricua_33015

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wanted to start a thread to help guys kill there oneitis
Its not that hard man. Just lead the b1tch to a secluded area where no one is looking. Get out your lighter and pretend you are giving her a hug. Then light her hair on fire while saying "BURRN BABY BURRRRN!" When she screams pop a bullet in her head.

Its just that simple! :p

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm with you click here - it's happening to me as we speak.

I'm doing what I have to do, but seeing her yesterday - just brought things fludding back.

I went out the weekend and bought a whole new wardrobe... I'm fvcking other girls - but they just don't interest me - it's tough.

Just take it a day at a time - and accept your feelings - don't bottle it up, getting your feelings out is part of the healing process.

You'll get there.

bugsquish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let me tell you how I combatted such a problem. I was with my ex for 4 years before she dumped me on valentines day. A recipe for oneitis or what!?

Anyhow, I was blinkered to the beauty/integrity/intelligence/wit of any other girls cuz *dramatic tone* "Only she was good enough!" Looking back I realise how fu*king stupid it was, she wasn't that great. Okay she was pretty fu*kin close but forget that.

So when no one girl will replace your ex, you know what will? Two girls. You're finally free of that freedom inhibiting relationship so look on the bright side and go start enjoying your freedom! You got the best reason ever for not getting monogamous with any new chicks ("I'm just out of a relationship..."). If you play your cards right you can effectively have 2 (or more) LTRs running alongside each other. Either one might not replace your ex, but trust me, combined they'll do a pretty good job.

I managed to keep this setup going for 8 months after I broke up with my ex. And I didn't think too much about her the whole time. A word of advice though, don't rub their faces in it. I could possibly still have those two chicks on board but I got into the habit of hanging about with them both (and trying to screw them both) at the same time which was a bit awkward and eventually the death of the setup!

You can recreate the setup with new chicks though ;)

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Two ways

Unfortunately, I was plagued with this disease this year.

I found two ways as aforementioned:

Work on yourself first: working out, your hobbies, your profession or college studies. Dive into that big time.

Two -- and this is crucial -- you gotta get some dates with other women (that's plural on purpose; not one woman, but a few). You gotta see what's out there. I usually don't advocate having women pull me out of any funk, but with oneitis, it's ultra-critical to try and bounce back on the dating scene ASAP with a few different women. You need some comparison shopping to be honest. Sometimes you find out after dating some better women that you are capable of upgrading from your ex big time.

And when you see your ex, remember to act, cool, calm and collected. Act like it didn't phase you. Don't be a jerk -- that's AFC and actually shows you're hurting. Be classy, funny, and act like you're kicking a$$ and if you follow instructions one and two up above, you will be kicking a$$!

mystic03

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a few tips to deal with an ex...

If you happen to see this girl try the follwing:

1) Don't look her directly in the eyes, or try no to look at her. Eye contact will get your feelings back.

2) Don't look at her body. If you look at the parts of her body that you like/liked it is very likely that you'll be thinking when you made out, etc..

3) Be polite but don't talk more than necesary. If you start asking her about her life you'll probably fell bad that you're not part of it now.

Hope this helps....

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Click Here: When you get over one-itis I think its smart not to go out an sarge new girls for a few weeks. Why? Because you'll inevitablably compare all these byatches to your X whether you want to or not!! Its not healthy. Focus on improving yourself, your career etc and start all over from DJ step 1. Then once you've had enough time, go about your DJ abilities like nothing ever happened.

PIMP

trevor2003

Don Juan
Reaction score
cut off all contact with her

you now have a golden opportunity to do whatever you want

get drunk,
smoke weed,
hang out with your friends,
goto the strip club,
start working out,
buy new clothes,
start dating other hotter girls,
have a few one night stands,
make time all of your hobbies
do stuff that makes you happy

just remember that you are way better without her,

if you follow my advice then i guarentee that you will forget about her in no time

Kodiac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I broke up with my EX 3 MONTHS AGO!
And im still not over the biatch.

Sure, im fine for a couple of weeks here and there, then i see her again and all those feelings come back, it p*sses me off.

Or then she messages me asking what im doing, how i am etc.. grrrr.

If only she wasn't so hot, she has what i would call my ideal looks. I even told this to ALL my mates before i actual knew her! I'd be checking her out on the dance flooring saying "That chick is fine, so hot, and that body, fuk me!" (insert drewl here)

So here i am. I ignore her texts or wait 3-5 days to reply, just so i feel like im in control or sometimes i don't reply at all (it's hard). When i see her out, i pretend like i haven't seen her and keep going about my ways.

Bahh, i know one of these days im going have to face her again. I plan on being nice, friendly, happy, confident etc.. and then cutting her off short cause ive got 2 be somewhere.

I need a delete button installed in my brain :(

Frank Zappa

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kodiac
I need a delete button installed in my brain :(
I hear that bro. I can't get over my oneitus for my 3 year LTR because our relationship ended on friendlier terms and definitely regrettably repairable terms. I need to just get her out of my system because I feel like I'm the only one suffering because she knows I'm still hungup like crazy. This ignore stuff is a lot harder than I first imagined. She was such a part of my life every moment from waking up and looking next to me to wanting her next to me on the couch just kills me and she knows it.

What I say is, teach the b!tch a lesson. You have to do it... For me sometimes I think, I had a great suburbia upbringing and enjoyed life with no hardships. If this is the biggest obstacle in my f\_/cking life and I can't even get past it when everyone else in the world is struggling with real life-threatening situations, I must be pathetic. That usually shuts the brain up for an extended five seconds. ~Zappa

MrNiceGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
get Interested in other women

so she doesn't want you, and the chances are she's not going to in the near to distant future..

solution cut your losses, and start thinking about other girls.. sure the feelings wont go away straight away, but if you catch yourself thinking about one-itis chick you can immediately just make yourself think about some other girl, doesn't have to be someone new it could be someone from years and years ago who you'll never see again.. just make sure you are not thinking about her!

better yet, go out and start meeting new women, but if you don't just dont think about her..

Starman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The biggest part of Oneitus..is the Denial Phase..

your ego..cant STAND the thought that a "perfect" guy like you would be "rejected " by some girl

you become fixated...clinging on to every word, memory, action that she does to prove that she "really is interested..but blah blah blah blah"

Your ego is your own worst enemy..they let worthless girls who arent worthy of your time..to consume your self worth and repeatedly pound in your head "Why wasnt I good enough for her?? whats wrong with me??"

This leads to cycle 2

Depression..

you begin to feel bad about who you are and why she didnt go for you..belieiving something is wrong with you and life is hopeless

I'll explain the other cycles if you are interested...but your MAIN demon is the denial phase..you have to LEARN to ACCEPT that this girl and u ..WILL NOT work out no matter what

Kodiac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Speaking about my ex oneitis.....

Guess who i saw 5 minutes ago on my lunch brake ?? :(
Went to mcdonalds, pulled up at the drive through and guess who is in the car infront ? thats right, fuk, just my luck.

To make things worse, the chick that's serving my ex (the drive through chick) is a girl i have been flirting with over the past month. The only thing stopping me number closing is her age (16), but shes hot.

If only i was in the car infront of my ex, now that would have been kewl. I'd number close right infront of her, ohhh... that'd be the sh*t!

Now a 3-some with those 2 would be nice :p

your ego..cant STAND the thought that a "perfect" guy like you would be "rejected " by some girl
Im in a different boat, i actually dumped her. She was great. Don't NEXT too soon!

Starman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
why the hell would a guy dump a girl..then consider her a oneitus???

Kodiac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
why the hell would a guy dump a girl..then consider her a oneitus???
Cause, he dumped her for doing something disrespectful - and because he was an AFC he worried too much, trying to analyse her all the time and therefore wasn't enjoying the relationship as much as he should have been!

Apart from that one thing though, and the fact the he was AFC all through the relationship, she was everything he wanted (and still is)...therefore a oneitis.

I think i hate talking in 3rd person :)