throw my gf a curve

swaptrex

Don Juan
Reaction score
my gf and i have been together for about 6-7 months, the relationship is decent, and so on. my dilemma is this; she has been acting weird lately(past week), if i had to explain it i would say that she is trying to act like she doesn't care, saying she'll call when she doesn't(never used to do this), very minimal details about everything, we only hang out once in a while, etc. the list goes on, now as i typed that it sounded like someone that is cheating, but i really don't think she is, however i could be wrong. what could i do to get a better understanding of what she is doing, thinking, etc? also what could i do to throw her a curve, she didn't call one day until later around 9:30 and asked me why i never called all day, i said i was busy, things similar to this?

Reaction score
Do some reconnaissance!!

DoubleC

Don Juan
Reaction score
She's probably hiding SOMETHING, even if it's not cheating. Like hitman said, confront her about it face to face.

Reaction score
If you want the truth then DON'T confront her!!! Do reconnaissance!!!

ducaro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Do not confront her!!! :nono:

Probe, and you will be amazed at what you find out. I am almost sure she let you down. :eek:

---------------
been there, seen that krap

MacDiddy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why even bother with recon... She's cheating and you don't need to know the cold truth.... just make plans to move on and you will have very little emotional trauma.... She deserves better and you better not get in her way.

But mark my words... if you don't move on and if you must know the truth... prepare for a roller coaster ride.

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
its a hard position to be in...you should start getting your mind set on things not working.

I can tell you when you are in a relationship for that long this wouldnt happen if things were right.

you should start planning on a future without her....and see if you can find out whats going and fix it..if you cant..understand that its ok...and there are MILLIONS of women out there

swaptrex

Don Juan
Reaction score
ya thanks for the tips so far, i am pretty good at telling if someone is cheating because unfortunately i used to it also, and i will say if she is cheating she has me fooled.

shes like this one or two days, and then fine for a few days, and so on. should i give her less attention? will this get her attention? if not what will?

ducaro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
nah, don't waste your time on this...

improve yerself.. start kegel exercises. :D

2Cool

Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, it could be anything. All relationships are going to have their dull moments, and it's just inevitable. If you're young (under 25) don't invest too much time doing reconnaissance work. If you know what to expect if she's cheating, then you will know.

Talk to her briefly and just let her know that if she needs to talk about something or needs help that you will be there. Then leave it alone.

You would have accomplished a few things:

1. Since you claim you can spot a cheater just look for things that would tip you off. You are already experienced enough to determine if she's stepping out on you. If that's the case move on.

2. If she isn't cheating she can count on you, without you constantly nagging her. You don't want to appear needy.

3. By the way enjoy life. Continue enjoying yourself and friends, because she may not be the one, and you might want to find other "girlfriends".

justsomeguy1984

Don Juan
Reaction score
As others have said, do NOT confront her. Confronting any woman about a relationship problem will just make things worse.

I don't think she is necessarily cheating on you (although it is possible), but it sounds to me like she is maybe getting a little bored with the relationship. Try to be spontaneous and do some new things.

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
swaptrex said:
my gf and i have been together for about 6-7 months, the relationship is decent, and so on. my dilemma is this; she has been acting weird lately(past week), if i had to explain it i would say that she is trying to act like she doesn't care, saying she'll call when she doesn't(never used to do this), very minimal details about everything, we only hang out once in a while, etc. the list goes on, now as i typed that it sounded like someone that is cheating, but i really don't think she is, however i could be wrong. what could i do to get a better understanding of what she is doing, thinking, etc? also what could i do to throw her a curve, she didn't call one day until later around 9:30 and asked me why i never called all day, i said i was busy, things similar to this?
Forget curve ball. Throw her a F---King Screwball followed by a Bean ball. If shes treating you like garbage, Then its time to tell her to take a flying leap and go get yourself two cuties sitting on your lap while sipping in a barcardi O.

swaptrex

Don Juan
Reaction score
ya i am not going to stress about it to much due to the fact i am enrolled in a college in the top party schools for fall 07, however i do like her and wished we could just have fun without her being a *****. sometimes i think about breaking up with her, but then she starts in with the "i love you so much" and the crying. i guess i will just have to work on things and hope for the best possible outcome.