Thought I would introduce myself

MartinARMT

Don Juan
Reaction score
First off I hope this is in the right area.

Hello everyone, here is a little info about myself. I'm 28 and a veteran. Currently a full time student.

I am currently going through a divorce after a few years of marriage. It has been ugly so far, and we don't even have kids. The first half of my marriage was great. The second half not so much. Not to get into to much detail, after the military I've had problems with depression and other such things. It shook my confidence. Add in the divorce and my confidence level is at 0%. I've gained about 70lbs after the military, which also doesn't help.

I found this site by googling something or another about confidence. I am in a desperate need to get some. My self esteem is ridiculously low. I have already started to take care of myself. I have lost approximately 40lbs since she left. I have gone to a couple of functions I found on meetup.com to start to meet new people since I really don't know anyone(besides family) here.

That is pretty much it for now. I don't have any specific questions of yet but i'm sure I eventually will.

apprenticedj

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Welcome Martin. Keep working on youself, reading, learning and putting yourself out there. Trust me as someone who is working on the same things as you it's hard but dammit it's WELL worth it. Your confidence will rebound and your past will be behind you. Cheers to becoming the best you that you can be!

SemperDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thank you for your service,

Life after the military followed by divorce is very overwhelming as I myself have witness many individuals going
through the same thing right after their contract was over, some manage to get back on their feet while others
were unlucky and took many months of counseling and rehab
(Alcohol/Drugs, common problem for many veterans).

As for now I think you're already on the right track as far as realizing your flaws and fixing them

And welcome to the community!

HyperAnalyze

Don Juan
Reaction score
Open your mind to knowledge. Read the DJ Bible. At least once a day for 30 minutes.

Starting working on yourself, go to the gym, eat healthy, get your finances in check and start posting field reports of all your experiences so that we can help you improve.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MartinARMT said:
How has it worked out for you?
Well, the woman who divorced me regrets her decision. Moving on and having good relations with the women of your future is the best way to leave the marriage of your past.