This video can change your life

bearfan34201

Don Juan
Reaction score
wtf is it?

blueguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't see how it would change your life.... they're just analyzing the way external information is processed, which is really pointless because it's impossible to process it any other way (being humans and all). I don't buy the concept of them not being able to see Columbus' ship either because of their lack of knowledge of it. That's like saying you can't see some crazy insect or something because you've never seen or heard about it before. They knew about wood... so why can't they see something made out of wood?

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
I actually spent an hour and a half at work today watching that. Quantum physics is really some far out stuff. If you get deeper into things like string theory, there is no matter at all. Subatomic particles are just musical notes...cosmic strings vibrating in many dimensions.

But I think between the scattered science and the corniness of the story-line, they kind of dance around the real implications of what's being discussed. Do a Google search on "Law of Attraction".

Sure, it sounds like some hokey get-rich-quick seminar, and I'd be quick to dismiss it myself, if not for the fact that in all my sitting around deliberating on the nature of life and the universe, I hadn't been dancing around the exact same conclusions.

Cleric

Banned
Reaction score
Seems to me not all of you have you watched it all the way through. At some point it startes talking about our thoughts controling our external reality. Real powerful stuff.

Bourne

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Its gets really interesting little bit more half way through. Specifically about habits and thought process and emotions and control.

chronic99uk

Don Juan
Reaction score
hmmm gets a bit confusing, and i find it hard to grasp the fact that reality is only a perception of my mind, and that quantum physics say i can effect my reality.

I personally dont have the knowledge to denounce it, but there something about quantum physics i just dont like, maybe its lack of understanding.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
chronic99uk said:
hmmm gets a bit confusing, and i find it hard to grasp the fact that reality is only a perception of my mind, and that quantum physics say i can effect my reality.

I personally dont have the knowledge to denounce it, but there something about quantum physics i just dont like, maybe its lack of understanding.
You don't like it because it goes against your simplified understanding of how the universe works. It IS hard to grasp...I don't completely get it, that's for sure.

Cleric

Banned
Reaction score
This is actually nothing new. They're only using Physics to explain a phenomenon that both Eastern and Western Mystics have been talking about for centuries.

The Science of Getting Rich was written decades before the discovery(or invention) of quantum physics, and yet when you read it, it speaks of exactly what the physicists in the video talk about.

Read James Allen if you havn't already. He says the same thing in a more down to earth fashion. You'll probably find him more reasonable.

Here's his book, As a Man Thinketh

http://www.gutenberg.org/dirs/etext03/mntkh10.txt

Just scroll down a bit to get to the introduction. There's quite a bit of crap in the beginning of the document.

chronic99uk

Don Juan
Reaction score
squirrels said:
You don't like it because it goes against your simplified understanding of how the universe works. It IS hard to grasp...I don't completely get it, that's for sure.
True, i dont grasp it as such, i undertsand what there trying to say but it goes against logical reason, i understand most of it, its the missing pieces which make me dislike it.
That film simplified it, to say that we are observers, and that an atom has many positions, untill i observe it.
But if this is to be believed what determines the position when i observe it, and if it is me, can i not thus completely choose to make the world how i percieve it?

Its the choice of where the atoms becomes static, and not part of a wave that i dont understand. If it can be in 2 places as once, what determines it position to me?

I am going to start trying to think the world around me, how i want it.

realsmoothie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a lousy movie, and it's financed by this weird-ass cult led by a truly crazy chick. But it's got some interesting info.

The stuff it's speaking about is really nothing new at all. Pretty much ever since quantum physics has been around, it's been common knowledge in the scientific community just how amazing the basics of reality are - we're talking about 100 years here.

Read "The Dancing Wu Lei Masters" or "The Tao of Physics" if you REALLY want to learn more. They're about how modern particle physics and ancient Eastern philosophy are really hand in hand. GREAT stuff!

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

radronOmega

Don Juan
Reaction score
i still see an error in the link that i clicked. Can someone put this on a youtube link or sumthing?